Please consider changing childrens week

28 Orc Warlock
That time of the year again?

I guess it's time to avoid BGs like the plague.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Margerdria
Get over yoursefl with all the "I's" "I's" and that. don't like it? don't do it. End of story. Lets leave a dead horse lie

You really wont bully me into dropping the topic, no matter how much you insult me or put me down. I would like the developers to redesign the achievement so it is not as unpleasant and disruptive as it is right now. The only way to achieve that, is to post my request and my suggestions for improvement here, and so I will. You have your opinion, I respect it, though I fail to see why you bother reading through a topic you dont like.

I'm glad that in your experience the achievement hasn't disrupted your BGs, that has not been my experience or the experience of any of the PvP enthusiasts I know.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/28/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Lulabells
Get over yoursefl with all the "I's" "I's" and that. don't like it? don't do it. End of story. Lets leave a dead horse lie

You really wont bully me into dropping the topic, no matter how much you insult me or put me down. I would like the developers to redesign the achievement so it is not as unpleasant and disruptive as it is right now. The only way to achieve that, is to post my request and my suggestions for improvement here, and so I will. You have your opinion, I respect it, though I fail to see why you bother reading through a topic you dont like.

I'm glad that in your experience the achievement hasn't disrupted your BGs, that has not been my experience or the experience of any of the PvP enthusiasts I know.

Well look though your orginial post. all i see is I I I I I from it. Like others have. And i don't have to bully you. the achivmenet won't change. There has always been a huge group of people complaining about it, and guess what. it is still in there. And it will remain. If you want to do it quicker, Make a Premade. You have your Server, your guild, and RealID friends who can help. There are ways around the PVP group of people that you have access too but you are just to damn stupid to see it.

I think you make damn near the 1 millionth person to complain, and nothing is done. you can complain till you are blue in the damn face, but nothign will happen. you did it once on another toon. you said so yourself, you can do it again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'll be knocking those out soon, too. /sigh

I just get 'em done and leave.
Reply Quote
When achievements become accountwide, couldn't you just level a pvp class like rogue or lock (?) to lv 10 (?) when bg's are available - just purely to get SoHK for your whole account?

Not that bothered myself but curious about the possibility
Reply Quote
I am seeing a lot of 'I' in the OP. I'm not having fun, I'm going to die, I have to run back. Maybe it isn't about you? You should be coming up with suggestions that will take into account all styles of players, not just your narrowminded view of the game. There are lots of players that will gladly do both PVE and PVP and a whole lot that don't mind doing one or the other once a year for a single achievement.If you wanted the RBG mount, you'd have to do what is required for the mount. If you want the mount from Deathwing, you have to kill him. Why is this mount any different?Edit: OP used 'I' 34 times and I didn't bother counting the 'me' uses. I saw almost zero suggestions to help the entire player base. Clearly this guy only wants his own problem solved, keeps saying he wants the game improved but improving the game takes into account everyone, not one spoiled punk.

13 times in that post you directly attacked and insulted someone you do not know, for no reason other than that you do not agree with their view on a topic.

I speak from my point of view to simplify my observations and suggestions. I (a PvE player that does not enjoy PvP because other players are cruel, insulting and resort to personal attacks too much in that environment) find the achievement design to be sub-par compared to the other achievements required for "Long strange trip". "School of hard knocks" is disruptive and aggravating, it causes a venue of the game to be miserable to be in for both the achievement seekers and the PvP players who must be their unwilling hosts. I suggest the achievement be redone or dropped.

I find it offensive, being someone who works with children that suffer from PTSD, the concept of dragging a traumatised orphan into a deadly battleground to watch a "hero" kill people. So on two levels, I feel the achievement is badly designed. I suggest no orphan need be in-tow (since that is simply sick and repulsive) and a simple "win" of "x" BG during Childrens week be it or drop it completely from the game. I use "I" because I am not so rude as to assume my opinion is everyones, so I don't use "most players feel this way" etc, it may be that I am the only one that finds dragging a doe-eyed child into a battleground offensive and sick and against in every way the "spirit" of helping children that Childrens week is supposed to be about.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Mounts are going to be account Wide, as well as pets. Just wait till MoP.

End of your QQ
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I do enjoy the proponents of keeping the achievement seem to have two reasons for keeping the it in place.

They are:

1. It is so easy you can knock it out in a couple of hours.

2. Achievements are suppose to be hard. Deal with it!

Personally, I don't think it is a big deal. If the proto-drake is important to you than you will need to suck it up enter some BGs and try and get it done. For those who pvp it will suck but it is only for a week.
Edited by Azraél on 4/28/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
04/28/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Margerdria
I find it offensive, being someone who works with children that suffer from PTSD, the concept of dragging a traumatised orphan into a deadly battleground to watch a "hero" kill people. So on two levels, I feel the achievement is badly designed. I suggest no orphan need be in-tow (since that is simply sick and repulsive) and a simple "win" of "x" BG during Childrens week be it or drop it completely from the game. I use "I" because I am not so rude as to assume my opinion is everyones, so I don't use "most players feel this way" etc, it may be that I am the only one that finds dragging a doe-eyed child into a battleground offensive and sick and against in every way the "spirit" of helping children that Childrens week is supposed to be about.

IT IS A DAMN GAME! of course you won't be doing anything like this is RL. Agian, IT IS A DAMN GAME. DO THE DAMN THING OR STOP QQING ABOUT IT. You are just like the little children my mother looks after. ME ME ME ME ME ME

Oh irony. You do know you are being just as childish as those you are berating right?

Perhaps you should take a time out and look at another thread. Also deep breaths might help.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Troll Hunter
Oh look, it's this dead horse again.

It seems to be a skeleton now, considering how old and worn out this topic is.

Also, my scrub priest who got the achievement when it first came out and who has less than 10k honor kills since her creation in vanilla, with NO PVP GEAR got it done...the rest of you can, I am terrible at PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
i don't understand how anyone can struggle with this. it is so !@#$ing easy. i mean seriously. i've completed the meta on multiple alts in about 2 hours.

ps. you don't really have to engage in any pvp, just cap the flag and afk out. SO DIFFICULT also

[08:40:42] [G] [85:Kate]: brace yourselves.. the forum posts about childrens week are incoming
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Margerdria
Well look though your orginial post. all i see is I I I I I from it.

Honestly, has nobody ever written a respectful letter of complaint and request for change to any corporation? You do not claim to represent the masses, you simply state your experience, and make a suggestion or two about how the issue could be resolved. I am asking that the developers rethink a specific achievement, if other players share my view, this is a forum, they can say so, but when addressing yourself to a corporate entitiy, unless you legally represent a mass of people, you dont claim to, you just lay out your issue and suggestions.

Issue: "School of hard knocks" is disruptive and unpleasant and does not need to be.
Secondary Issue: This poster finds dragging a tiny doe-eyed orphan into a bloody battleground to be offensive and against the spirit of helping children that Childrens week is supposed to be all about.

Suggestions: Remove it from the requirement for "Long Strange trip" or simplify it to (example) a win of "x" battleground (without an orphan in tow watching the carnage) so that acheivement seekers and PvP players do not have to be at odds for a week and the acheivement is no longer offensive.

My personal experiences are included to assure the recieving party that I am sincere. They dont require letter writting in school anymore do they? They should, it's a good skill.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Kate
i don't understand how anyone can struggle with this. it is so !@#$ing easy. i mean seriously. i've completed the meta on multiple alts in about 2 hours.

I dont, I've done it. The issue isn't with the difficulty of it. The issue is it disrupts the battlegrounds, makes players mad at each other and gets people treating each other badly for an entire week. It's CHILDRENs week, supposed to be about helping children, not traumatizing them more, screwing them up more, puting them in harms way dragging them into deadly situations. The current design of the achievement "School of Hard Knocks" does nothing positive, but promotes a LOT of negatives that the game is already struggling with, it's past time for Blizzard to reconsider this and change it so it doesn't cause trouble.

It's being brought up because if you want change, you say so, you speak up and put your ideas and views out there, otherwise, nothing changes. And giving up just because it hasn't been changed before is cowardly. Just because they haven't changed it yet doesn't mean they wont, not if people keep saying they want it changed.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
Be Mine! - It used to require to get all eight different heart candies from the holiday bags. Trading candies did not work. The bags were BoP and were only available via extremely low drop rate from Pledge of Adoration: Orgrimmar (along with the other cities), less than 5% according to Wowhead. You could only obtain pledges once an hour. The event only lasts a week. Once you got the bags, you had ten chances to get the candies you needed. Changed so that it only required six candies. Changed again so that trading worked. Changed yet again so that you can simply buy the bags for two love tokens.

Brew of the Year - Used to require you to drink every brew that you got in the mail at the start of each month. Removed and replaced with Brew of the Month, so you only need to drink one brew.

Sinister Calling - Requires you to obtain both the Hallowed Helm and Sinister Squashling. Both were only available as rare drops from the Headless Horseman for years, both BoP. Changed so that both items are available through trick-or-treating at a fairly high drop rate (I had a 16-slot bag full of squashlings last year). Changed yet again so that the Squashling is no longer BoP.

Once An Orphan... - Required you to kill ten players who had their orphan out. Removed completely from the game.

You know what people said each and every time someone complained about the above? "Suck it up". Good thing Blizzard is smarter than that.
Edited by Samfisher on 4/28/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
*shrugs* I managed to do it on this toon. I just asked my brother, who's pretty good at pvp, to do them achievement for me. And I hate PVP myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally don't like to PvP, but it encourages people to do something outside of their personal taste.
But I am going to hate camping the flags >.<
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ah spring on the WoW forums. Looks like the year-round QQ for Children's Week has started.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I missed the part where achievements were mandatory and required for proper gaming function. If you don't want to do it, don't do it. If you want a purple flyer to show off - work for it.

The concept isn't hard. I detest PvP with a passion .. I completed the achievement and one within an hour it went live. Arcane Mage ... PvP ... when everybody's gunning for the same achievement. Just gotta put up or shut up. I wanted the achievement, I got it. It's that simple really.

It's not an achievement if everybody had it because it's easy. Is getting the "Jenkins" title an achievement people are "PROUD" of at level 85? No.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]