A possible replacement for Sylvanas

04/29/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Egrem
The Forsaken are to Lordaeron as the orcs were to Stormwind after the First War: invaders squatting on conquered land.

Hardly.

They are the native sons and daughters of Lordaeron for the most part.

Loosed from the chains of the tyrant king who betrayed his own kingdom and have finally reclaimed their freedom.

How does that make them squatters or invaders?

The Orcs were a culture and army from another world who took the land by axe and fire, killed the native inhabitants or drove them north, and claimed Stormwind as their seat of authority. They are two very, very different scenarios.
Edited by Brukk on 4/29/2012 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just like the Scourge has a direct connection to the land. All hail the Lordaeronian Empire, stretching from Icecrown to Stratholme! We need to reanimate Terenas to lead the Scourge because it would be so appropriate, right?

Argue whatever you want, I'm not sure why you chose my post to reply to as you don't address my point.

But hey, whatever ranting, raving lunacy floats your boat. There's a windmill over there, too - get at it.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
There's a windmill over there, too - get at it.

Do not disrespect the Don with such comparisons.

He did nothing to deserve your derision.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Argue whatever you want, I'm not sure why you chose my post to reply to as you don't address my point.

You know exactly what I was arguing. It's hypocritical to argue that the Forsaken have rights to Lordaeron but not the Scourge.

04/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Brukk
The Orcs were a culture and army from another world who took the land by axe and fire, killed the native inhabitants or drove them north, and claimed Stormwind as their seat of authority. They are two very, very different scenarios.

How exactly are they different? The Forsaken are a different culture, created as the result of an alien invasion, who took the land by force, killed the native inhabitants and drove them south, then claimed Lordaeron as their seat of authority.

04/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Brukk
How does that make them squatters or invaders?

For the same reason that the Scourge is considered an invasive force despite the fact that it's largely made up of Lordaeronian corpses.

Because it's a completely different entity from those consumed to create it, just like the Forsaken are.
Edited by Vyrin on 4/29/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just think it's funny that in less than a page this thread went from the original topic to at least two posts arguing that if the Forsaken have any sort of rights to the land then so do the Scourge... which isn't but tangentially related to the topic.

Bullcowsby's Corollary in full effect y'all :P

Wonder how that happened.

OH YEAH.

04/29/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Vyrin
It's hypocritical to argue that the Forsaken have rights to Lordaeron but not the Scourge.

^--- never once said this. I was criticizing a bad analogy. But hey, don't let these sorts of things get in the way of one's agenda.
Edited by Bullcowsby on 4/29/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
Bullcowsby's Corollary in full effect y'all :P

Heh, yeah. It really is remarkable.

But on the original subject, I find the possibility of Calia returning as the Forsaken Princess and heir to the Throne of Lordaeron to be a possibly effective and substantial replacement for Sylvanas if the time ever comes.

It mostly depends on how she is introduced to the plot. She'd certainly have to do something prove herself before she could claim the throne. She couldn't just have it for the asking.

Also, I demand she gets her own unique model on par with Sylvanas' own. Also an introduction and back story on par with or exceeding that of the current Banshee Queen. Nothing short of this will be acceptable.
Edited by Brukk on 4/29/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
04/29/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Brukk
But on the original subject, I find the possibility of Calia returning as the Forsaken Princess and heir to the Throne of Lordaeron to be a possibly effective and substantial replacement for Sylvanas if the time ever comes.

That's because you hate good lore and secretly want the Forsaken to become the Alliance.
Edited by Vyrin on 4/29/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/29/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Vyrin
I just think it's funny that in less than a page this thread went from the original topic to at least two posts arguing that if the Forsaken have any sort of rights to the land then so do the Scourge... which isn't but tangentially related to the topic.

You act as though this topic wasn't created with the intent of creating a "Forsaken = Lordaeron!" play-party. Sorry that it backfired and that the Forsaken have been outed for what they are in record time.

A group of parasitic, alien entities occupying land that they forcibly stole from its rightful inhabitants.

What's that about humans? haha

Anyway, you should probably put your talking points away and either speak to actual topic of the OP or go find something more constructive to do.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
04/29/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
Anyway, you should probably put your talking points away and either speak to actual topic of the OP or go find something more constructive to do.

I did and will continue to speak on the topic of the OP. Find a way to develop the Forsaken that isn't to the detriment of the Alliance. Rezzing an Alliance character to serve as leader of the Forsaken for no real reason other than wanting to flip off the Alliance isn't a good way to go about that.

I don't see how a freshly raised human who never spent any time in the Scourge nor any time in the Forsaken would be a good leader for the Forsaken anyway. They'd hardly represent their people.
Edited by Vyrin on 4/29/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/29/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Vyrin

I did and will continue to speak on the topic of the OP

Sorry, let me add:

and stop there

Your agenda is neither wanted nor needed. Stop ruining threads because of your sick obsession with the Forsaken. Please. PLEASE. This isn't the only thread in the past few days you've made your personal litter box.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Your agenda is neither wanted nor needed. Stop ruining threads because of your sick obsession with the Forsaken. Please. PLEASE. This isn't the only thread in the past few days you've made your personal litter box.

Talking about the Forsaken in a Forsaken thread is ruining the Forsaken thread?

Please. Just because I decisively destroy pro-Forsaken arguments doesn't mean I'm "ruining the thread."
Reply Quote
Though I must admit that I am a fan of Sylvanas' current leadership of the Forsaken.

She is a very strong racial leader and it will be very hard to replace her.

Really, I think it can tie into some standing unanswered questions rather well.

If Calia were to return to the game as Forsaken sometime in the near future, she could become an integral part of the Forsaken lore prior to Sylvanas' fall. In this time she can show herself to be a hero of the Forsaken, someone they can look up to and identify with. Someone they can idealize and honor. And in her rise gain a large following of Lordaeron's Forsaken citizenry, but always remain loyal and subserviant to the Banshee Queen.

Her right hand woman, if you will. Her strong arm in the field. Calia could fill the roll of military commander and general to the Forsaken forces. Or something...

Then, dun dun DUN! Plot twist!

It is discovered that Sylvanas is creating armies of undead.... without free will! The most heinous of crimes and clear and unquestionable treason.

Now, the Forsaken rally behind their champion, Calia Menethil, and she leads her people in a civil war against the Betrayer Queen. Backed by the Forsaken and their allies, the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, against this horrible monster.

Eventually succeeding in slaying her Val'kyr handmaids and beheading the Banshee for the good of her people.

It's terrible fan fiction and needs a lot of work. But I think the concept it pretty sound.

Edited for clarity and grammar stuff.
Edited by Brukk on 4/29/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/29/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Vyrin

Talking about the Forsaken in a Forsaken thread is ruining the Forsaken thread?

Please. Just because I decisively destroy pro-Forsaken arguments doesn't mean I'm "ruining the thread."

If you honestly think that any thread about the Forsaken is a perfect place for you to take a crap in then I gave you far more credit than I should have.

You know what I'm saying, please stop being dense and please stop derailing threads to further your sick, obsessive crusade. You're always welcome to create your own thread full of whatever factionwank you want.

I'm trying to be polite about it.
Edited by Bullcowsby on 4/29/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
04/29/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Brukk
It's terrible fan fiction and needs a lot of work.

Sounds like most pro-Forsaken posts that want to create ties between the Forsaken and Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
04/29/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Brukk
Do not disrespect the Don with such comparisons.

And here I thought I was the Don.

:(
Reply Quote
And here I thought I was the Don.

:(

You are the Don.

Just not the Don.

Speaking of the Don, I've got a great webcomic to share... though I'm not sure on the linking to it rules...

So I'm going to wing it and hope I don't get in trouble.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/alternative_energy_revolution.jpg
Reply Quote
68 Night Elf Druid
Since it's already derailed: I think Sylvanas needs to raise a few more high ranking leaders of Lordaeron to cement the Forsaken faction's rule over the area. Maybe a few more former Southshore NPCs should be stationed a Galen's Fall.

After all, does it really matter what I think?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
You know what I'm saying, please stop being dense and please stop derailing threads to further your sick, obsessive crusade. You're always welcome to create your own thread full of whatever factionwank you want.

OP says Calia should lead the Forsaken.

Malanis says it's appropriate because Lordaeron rightfully belongs to the Forsaken.

And then it began. Don't try to blame it on me because it's not on me.

Since it's already derailed: I think Sylvanas needs to raise a few more high ranking leaders of Lordaeron to cement the Forsaken faction's rule over the area. Maybe a few more former Southshore NPCs should be stationed a Galen's Fall.

Why does she need raised Alliance NPC's to cement her rule over the Forsaken?
Edited by Vyrin on 4/29/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/29/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Vyrin
And then it began. Don't try to blame it on me because it's not on me.

If you think you got trolled, then that's your fault for biting. As it is, you responded to *my* post with this crap.

You can control your posts, unless you have some weird form of post incontinence.

If you do, get some freaking forum Depends.
Edited by Bullcowsby on 4/29/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]