Farstriders wants you!

90 Human Warrior
Farstriders is amongst the oft-forgotten RP servers. I won't lie to you and say that RP is everywhere. It isn't. But we have quality RP - No vampires, half demons or catgirls. And we have guilds eager and willing to put forth the effort to get more RPers and RP going on the server. I can only speak from an Alliance viewpoint, but know that Horde would love some fresh blood as well.

We're a smaller population server (I believe we're medium now?) and our number of RPers reflect that. But things can only improve and we'd LOVE to have more people around to RP with. New faces make everyone happy. :D

Most of our RP is based in guilds, though we have a handy dandy roster to make finding those guilds easy. I'll post that below. We don't have RP everywhere, we don't have the population for it. But getting RP going is far easier than it seems. But, as I said, being in a guild makes it much easier and we have a variety to pick from that should fit everyone's wants or needs.

We have monthly events hosted by different people and following different themes. Everything from a bard hosting events to find everyone's one true love, to costume parties and auctions. May's are Speed Dating and an Item Auction, though dates and times haven't been picked yet.

I'm not asking that you blindly transfer your mains over. That would be silly. But the past few people that have hopped on to "check the server out" have been on for ~30 minutes, gotten out of the starter zone and declined all invitations to RP. Yeah, it's been kinda weird. Roll an alt, level it up a bit, join our OOC channel and meet some people. Look for a guild, volunteer to RP. I know I'm asking a lot but my home needs some fresh blood and we'd love more quality RPers. Hell, I'll even get you rolling with some bags if you want them. The Shadow Hall knows how to contact me if I'm not on Ura.

Channels:
Alliance: /join FarstridersOOC
Horde: /join FarstridersOOC

Link list!
October's Alliance RP Events: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794641036
RP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074377906
Alliance RP Guild Roster: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074267858
Horde RP Guild Roster: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4496520649
Edited by Ura on 10/21/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I went there once and found no rp, would like to roll an alt there though...
Reply Quote
63 Human Rogue
Farstriders is a really good server if you know where to find the RP. I run the <Bottleneck> and we're always looking for new members. We're currently in the middle of a reform, shifting the focus and theme of the guild to a more military style group, but our "Main-Alts" still run the Tavern that we all know and love!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Is there more activity on the Alliance side compared to the Horde side?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/29/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Raztokk
Is there more activity on the Alliance side compared to the Horde side?

Yes, a bunch of people recently jumped ship Hordeside. They're working hard to build it back up, however.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/29/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Floim
I went there once and found no rp, would like to roll an alt there though...

Apologies for the horrible delay. My computer decided it needed to be reformatted.

Like I said, we aren't everywhere. But what RP we do have is quality and we can't very well improve so we can be everywhere unless we get more people. People won't join because RP isn't everywhere. It's a endless cycle.

In other news: There is an RP event tonight hosted by our The Silver Legion. A fancy ball to raise money for the Stormwind Orphanage. ~7:30 central time. I believe they are hosting it in the Vault of Lights in the Exodar.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
A clever and interesting group of roleplayers populates this server! I brought an alt of mine - Kastaandra - to the Exodar event, and had a blast. Though I had to leave early, I can say that this server hosts a welcoming atmosphere, creative storylines/storytellers, and plenty of opportunities for RP.

Old-timers looking for a fresh start, or newcomers looking for a smaller and more welcoming environment, would be well-advised to try Farstriders. You won't be disappointed!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
A clever and interesting group of roleplayers populates this server! I brought an alt of mine - Kastaandra - to the Exodar event, and had a blast. Though I had to leave early, I can say that this server hosts a welcoming atmosphere, creative storylines/storytellers, and plenty of opportunities for RP.

Old-timers looking for a fresh start, or newcomers looking for a smaller and more welcoming environment, would be well-advised to try Farstriders. You won't be disappointed!

:D I'm glad you found time to stop by and appreciate the compliments a great deal! It means a lot coming from an outsider, so to speak, as we're all very fond of our home.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have wanted to try my hand at RP since I transferred my characters to this server. I do have a character that I would like to try and RP with. I have a short background the character and wouldn't mind finding some others that would welcome a "young RPer" such as myself. (By young I mean someone new to the RP world as I'm 32 years old and never really tried it.) I will be looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully I can join a guild and have the fun you guys are having. Something besides raids and drama would be nice for a change.

Savagerayne~Druidess of the 85th season.

P.S. This is my main raid char so I wouldn't be joining with her but I have others and I will be looking for people in the guild.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

P.S. This is my main raid char so I wouldn't be joining with her but I have others and I will be looking for people in the guild.

I've seen you around! You are more than welcome to pop into the OOC channel on any characters, RP or not. I'll throw Savagerayne an invite to some of the RP shindigs we've got upcoming, so you know whats going on. :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
From what I've heard it's riddled with in-guild drama, which leads to out of guild drama.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/07/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Ferakk
From what I've heard it's riddled with in-guild drama, which leads to out of guild drama.

That happens on every server. And, as of late, most of the people that kept perpetuating the issue(s) have left the server. Things like that are bound to happen with a small community. If you are capable of brushing it off and going on with life, you'll do just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Smattering of events coming up!

A gathering at the Darkmoon Faire tonight, nothing special, just an excuse to RP at the Faire. ~ 6:30 PM
Item Auction the 19th ~7:30 PM in Farstriders Lodge
Speed Dating the 26th at the gates above Darnassus. ~7 PM

All times are central times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
June's Fish Fry is approaching, though we have not selected a date or location just yet.

Top post updated to count for channel changes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I cannot stop praising how good this server truly is. No, we're not massive like others, but we don't need to be. What I have found in my time on Farstriders is that the overall quality is far and away higher than other RP servers I play on. Yes, it's isolated to the guilds with public outings, but you don't see the rampant AOLspeak and Mary Sue characters that infect the others like a plague. We're friendly and not at all hostile to outsiders.

More to the point, we get a lot of people that pass by thinking we're a dead server. It's simply not true. Whereas Moon Guard is New York City and Wyrmrest Accord LA, we're sort of like a small town where everyone knows everyone's name. We're laid back and in no rush. We have raiding guilds, of course, but there's no breakneck push to try and go for world firsts. We'll get there eventually at our own pace.

I encourage everyone to come and visit us and escape from the frantic styles of other servers. Sometimes it's best to just find a chair, kick up your feet, crack a cold one, and relax. And that is what Farstriders offers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There is a wedding coming up in late June for Romark Corbridge and Peltia Dunahee! Anyone and everyone is invited to attend. Time and place will be posted when we decide. Though this is a formal event, you never know what sort of crazy shenanigans might happen.

This will be a great chance to get a lot of RPers in a central area and see exactly what Farstriders has to offer. Come join us for a night and see if you like us!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
July events:
Item Auction! - Date and time to be determined.

New guild! The Northern Watch - Giving those that want a second chance and using them to guard the Eastern Kingdoms, Graile leads this group of mostly criminals to what he hopes is greatness.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Never rp'ed before ever, and I've become interested in doing it, and from what I've seen Farstriders looks like an awesome realm. All I've decided so far is that it's gonna be a dwarf warrior. Besides that I'm still working on it. Can any of you Farstrider guys kinda give me the "low down" of the realm?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Any specific information you are hunting for?

You almost have to join a guild to get RP. Though, the guilds do interact and many of us have alts in several of the RP guilds. I know I'm in 4 and aiming on getting an alt in a fifth.

We have public events monthly and, because I'm aiming to be honest, RP isn't everywhere. You have to work for it - but getting in a guild and making friends makes that easy. If you are willing to research dwarves and bring a lore-appropriate character to the table (Check out Wowpedia.org for help with lore) you shouldn't have a problem finding a home.

The guilds vary both in IC and OOC. The Shadow Hall is known for both it's strict adherence to lore and it's strict application process. The Silver Legion tends to focus on PvE more than the others. Bottleneck is full of some hilarious characters and a great deal of amusing RP that readily welcomes others. Burasadare has guild plots almost constantly. Halls of Dust has some crazy achievement getters.

IC, The Shadow Hall is a shady bunch known for their 'control' over Stormwind - Recently they've invested heavily in The Bottleneck and have taken financial control of their bar. The Silver Legion are the white knights, rushing to defend the Alliance and, while on good terms with the shadows, always leery of them. Bottleneck runs a tavern in Stormwind and is kind of that cousin that everyone knows and loves. Burasadare are the wash outs. Not cool enough for the military, but still wanting to contribute. (They're also really good at cleaning stables.) Halls of Dust is known for it's research and it's associations with darker things. The Northern Watch is new and I'm excited by it's concept.

Those are only the guilds I can think of off the top of my head and the ones I interact with regularly.

If you do stop by, feel free to hop into /join FarstridersOOC and toss out a shout. There's a couple trolls in there, but they are generally easily recognized and are honestly some of the worst trolls I've ever seen. Not in the sense that they'll harass you, just in the sense that they are bad at trolling.

We are heavy Alliance population-wise. PVP wise, Emberstorm (our battlegroup) is dominated by Horde. (At least from what I remember. It's been a while since I PVP'd.) Our economy is wonky, but low level gear tends to be fairly cheap from what I've been eyeballing lately.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Thats basically everything I wanted to know! Thanks!!

I've been looking up stuff about dwarves since I decided I wanted to rp, and from what I already know of my characters backstory, the Silver Legion sounds like the direction I want to be heading in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]