Farstriders wants you!

85 Draenei Shaman
I have an alt there that hasn't been touched in years. Maybe I'll dust him off as something to do before pandas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thats basically everything I wanted to know! Thanks!!

I've been looking up stuff about dwarves since I decided I wanted to rp, and from what I already know of my characters backstory, the Silver Legion sounds like the direction I want to be heading in.

You'll want to speak to Illunara, though sending anyone in the guild a tell will get you to her, no matter what alt she's on. If you can't find her, pester someone in The Shadow Hall for me and I'll hunt someone down for you.

Edit: Aumoe, you'd be more than welcome. We could use a burst of RP and new blood tends to do that.
Edited by Ura on 7/1/2012 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Played on many a server since I started back in Vanilla (Started on PvE/PVP, moved to RP a few years back - Lightbringer, Dawnbringer, Haomarush, Maelstrom, and now Farstriders), and this is the best community-wide server I've ever had the privilege of being on. It's not a hardcore progression server, though the guild this char is in is on par with many progression-pushing guilds on higher pop, non-RP servers.

There isn't a whole lot of Drama, and most of the well-known people are as such because of personality / general kindness. We have our share of trolls, as any server has, but most of them stick to Trade chat. Most of the people who used to grief RPers have moved server or quit, so it leaves just a nice, casual community where people hang out and run old content, do lots of in-guild RP, and attend events.

I've played higher pop servers. I've also got alts on both Moon Guard (which I will be moving off of as soon as I get the money lined up), and Wyrmrest Accord (where the MG alts will be going). I've been on this server for a little over 4 years now, and I find a hard time imagining myself leaving to go anywhere else. People are nicer here, and the RP is ten times better (if not as constant) than other higher pop servers filled with Lorebreaking catgirls and vampires and super special "I'm the Son of Arthas and the rightful heir to the Frozen Throoooone!" types (Don't laugh too hard, I've seen several of them over the past few weeks).

I love this server and (almost) everyone on it. My name is Dom, and I'm addicted to Farstriders.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
While there isn't alot that I can add that Ura hasn't already covered. But, I would like to add that I love this server. Having come here from Moonguard many many many moons ago. I don't regret this decision once. I love the community here. Dearly. Would love to see some new blood come onto the server. And would welcome the opportunity to RP with anyone interested in coming here to see how things are. But, like Ura said most of the RP as of late is mostly found in guild. My guild has been trying to be out in the open more for RP. And if you happen to come across us. Feel free to join in. We welcome anyone to join us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/01/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Illunara
While there isn't alot that I can add that Ura hasn't already covered.

I like to pretend I know my server! :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The next RP Item Auction is Friday, July 20th at 7 PM server.
Location is Farstrider Lodge, in Loch Modan.
Item limit is one, until everyone who has signed up to sell has gone once.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've been looking for RP servers and I found Wyrmrest Accord very interesting though I'm still finding my calling.

I may give this place a go sometime if the posts here are true :) Hopefully you don't mind an amateur roleplayer among your ranks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've been looking for RP servers and I found Wyrmrest Accord very interesting though I'm still finding my calling.

I may give this place a go sometime if the posts here are true :) Hopefully you don't mind an amateur roleplayer among your ranks.

Not at all! Pop into the channel or show up to the item auction that's coming up. We're a small community, but finding a home isn't too difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Blue Recluse is being reestablished as an RP hub! Slowly but surely, anyway!
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
I concur. That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/21/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Cathryn
I concur. That is all.

I approve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Red Raven is aiming to host an event next week! I'm waiting on information!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Red Raven is hosting a roll-based tournament tomorrow the 3rd outside Ironforge!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Next Alliance event is in Dalaran's Beer Garden on the 26th at 7:00 Server (Central) time. Summons will be available

What is this event? The Dating Game! Farstriders' Fynnegan wants others to find their One True Love and he does so by hosting some silly events based around dating and meeting new people.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I had a dream that I rolled a pirate character on farstriders last night. It's amusing to see this bumped up here today. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have to say this server sounds pretty interesting.

I've been in Moon Guard for around a month or two, and I'm getting sick of all the extremely beautiful women, demons, half-orc half night elves. I switched to MG with the intention of trying out RP but it all seems very lackluster, especially when I see someone who is "High Warlord Captain Commander Man of Silvermoon" in character just standing around while its being attacked. :|
Reply Quote
48 Human Hunter
Anyone wishing to join Farstriders? A Roleplaying Group is being launched on that server.

Visit this forum post for more information :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352955942
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/17/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Ireane
I had a dream that I rolled a pirate character on farstriders last night. It's amusing to see this bumped up here today. :)

You should turn that dream into a prophetic one. My Ura here is a semi-retired pirate and would love to talk shop!

I have to say this server sounds pretty interesting.

I've been in Moon Guard for around a month or two, and I'm getting sick of all the extremely beautiful women, demons, half-orc half night elves. I switched to MG with the intention of trying out RP but it all seems very lackluster, especially when I see someone who is "High Warlord Captain Commander Man of Silvermoon" in character just standing around while its being attacked. :|

While we don't have the numbers Moon Guard has, as I've said, we also don't have Half-Jaguar Half Demon Nelves running around. You'll get the occasional person that has no idea whats going on with lore (Or blatantly refuses to fix it) but they generally wind up shunned or don't stick around long.
That and I know that there is at least one ugly woman running around, plus several highly unattractive men.

Anyone wishing to join Farstriders? A Roleplaying Group is being launched on that server.

Visit this forum post for more information :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352955942

Sweet. I did not know about this! Glad you guys picked Farstriders!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm thinking when MoP comes out that i should make a monk based guild on this server......

Can anyone hear a troll monk named rocky with eye of the tiger playing in the background? xD jking, im more serious than that :p
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Rogue
Hello, it's been a long time since I rped on Farstriders, not that I hate the place, it was just...to heartbreaking. I moved my main off there when the one she married quit the game.

FS is the realm where I learned to rp and have fun doing it. I would come back and rp, but I am still a bit leary of the old memories coming back to haunt me.

I guess it is where I learned to not get "THAT" involved in the rp relationship.

I am willing to start a fresh character, maybe Horde side if I can find a partner who is willing to level with me. I am also going to be leveling a monk for MOP. I am in the beta now.

My biggest concern with finding a partner is time zone. I am Pacific time and most of the realm seemed to be east coast. Anyone west coast or Oceanic who likes to rp?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]