Is the Legendary worth trying for?

I mean, I am in by no means a superb raiding guild so I'd hafta go it alone probly . Do you think I should even bother trying for it at this point given its so late in the xpac? Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
no.

if you're just starting on it now, itll take so long to get, you'll be level 90 before it happens.
Reply Quote
likewise, should i try for the legendary daggers for my rogue alt? THose seem more plausible or is it in the same scenario?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I say yes, but mainly for the transformation into a giant blue dragon! You never outlevel that.
Reply Quote
also Im havin trouble gettin better ilvl gear what should i be doing to get better gear? Heeroic FL? Heroic 5man WoE For FGDL? OR DS Where can i get better Stuff farming which areas?
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Mageswag
also Im havin trouble gettin better ilvl gear what should i be doing to get better gear? Heeroic FL? Heroic 5man WoE For FGDL? OR DS Where can i get better Stuff farming which areas?

My suggestion would be run the Well of Eternity to get the trinket off Mannoroth then after that just run the Raid Finder should pick up a few 384 pieces that way and possible your tier pieces, once you're gear improves a bit you could try getting into some pug DS runs or possibly even into a guild needing a mage.

Also even if the legendary is long off i say go for it anyways, nothing really compares to that feeling when you get yourself a shiny orange :P
Edited by Tsuin on 4/30/2012 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Tsuin! You gave me just the info I was lookin for bud!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Go for one more piece of time-lord's. Then you get the haste bonus which is awesome. 2005 haste req. - 500 from the 2 piece = 1505 left which is cake.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
04/29/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Mageswag
likewise, should i try for the legendary daggers for my rogue alt? THose seem more plausible or is it in the same scenario?

Well maybe not the legendary daggers, but for 10k gold you can easily get a great pair of 397 daggers, easy!
Reply Quote
Just to put it in perspective, the legendary staff in 10 man takes about 18 full clears of FL.
That's almost 5 months doing it weekly. And you can't solo it so you need a group to do it with you all those times that doesn't include a mage on the same step as you.

"Long way off" doesn't really describe how painful it is.
I would say don't even waste another minute thinking about it. It would be a monumental effort at this time and you'd need 6-7 other people willing to dedicate 18 weeks of their time to help you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
whoo doggy.. that is alot... I might just give it a whirl just to see how it goes anyways.. How long in comparison do the rogues legendaries set take from start to finish?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I'm still getting mine.. Its a Legendary which is all that matters. What else will your guild that raids three nights a week and clears DS in two do the next night..
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's a nice thing to have. Realisticly, it's going to take you months if not a year to get. I say a year b/c there's an xpac coming and you'll miss resets. clearing firelands every week for 6months is something you'll get very tired of.

The rogue daggers are much easier to get, time-wise.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Go for the daggers
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Do not go alone on the staff. It was hard enough to convince the guild to get our first Legendary without the support of a good guild group, I don't know how you would ever do it. Believe me, I've been trying.
Reply Quote
It's a nice thing to have. Realisticly, it's going to take you months if not a year to get. I say a year b/c there's an xpac coming and you'll miss resets. clearing firelands every week for 6months is something you'll get very tired of.

The rogue daggers are much easier to get, time-wise.

Still roughly 15 weeks in 10 man.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Drzzden
I'm still getting mine.. Its a Legendary which is all that matters. What else will your guild that raids three nights a week and clears DS in two do the next night..

Sleep, play Diablo III, spend time with wife/girlfriend/spouse, play the test server, watch a movie, work on alts, do some chores...

It was painful just getting my group to do FL 2 times once DS came out and no one else really needed anything out of there. I don't see how you could get a group to carry you through it 20 times just to get a legendary that by the time you get it won't even be BIS.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
No, the legendary staff will be replaced around lvl 87 by a blue, I replaced my staff I have now and its BIS at lvl 86 from a quest blue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]