Druid Mastery vs Other Healers

40 Night Elf Hunter
I am just curious as to why druids are the only healers who must activate a short duration buff for their mastery?

It does not proc or is a passive buff like shaman, pally or priest mastery, and is only a short duration buff. Monks will also be a proc type mastery if it is kept in current form from the beta to live. In PvE it is not as much of an issue, however, in PvP sometimes to hard cast would mean to be interrupted. Not to mention times where you may not be hard casting but rather placed some hots they are not buffed because it is required to hard cast to get the buff. In order to keep it up the druid needs to cast a hard cast spell roughly every 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
they made it that way so druids DO have to occasionally hard cast, rather than just stack mastery and never have a cast bar to interrupt at all.

same with the pve side of it, they want druids hard casting, so they made it so druids have to cast to get their mastery.

it's also why druids avoid mastery like the plague in most cases though, so I guess all they did succeed in was making the druid mastery unappealing to the player base.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Think the shaman is talking about Pvp when saying druids avoid mastery...would be my guess.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
In PvP, druids should be stacking rogues and warlocks, not mastery.
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Pipikaula

I thought they stacked DK's and Pallies for facerolling?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/30/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Oldwolfe

I thought they stacked DK's and Pallies for facerolling?

You stack DKs and Pallies to faceroll the other healers. You stack rogues and warlocks to peel for you.

Priests should stack priests for Leap of Faith lulz.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Cast one nourish between Swiftmend CDs.

Ta-da.
Reply Quote
Cast one nourish between Swiftmend CDs.

Ta-da.

/cast Silence while you cast Nourish.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/30/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Oldwolfe

You can silence outside of a Nourish! Way better than getting kicked in the teeth.

Though the situation was really more for PvE.

In PvP, I'm pretty sure you just run and regret your class choice.
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Gloostick

You can silence outside of a Nourish! Way better than getting kicked in the teeth.

Though the situation was really more for PvE.

Well, Silence also has an interrupt effect(hence why my shadow spec has it), so it can be an effective tool in locking down a caster.

For PvE, maintaining Harmony is actually fairly easy, and is generally what you said: nourish half way between swiftmends.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/30/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Gloostick

Not at all! I usually cast Nature's Grasp before running and regretting my class choice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's funny when you're in a Battleground and a large group of Alliance just railroad you into the ground, all the while your teammates aren't assisting you.

I say "funny" because all those enemy players are in a hurry to throw every Interrupt, Stun, CC, and Silence on you as soon as possible. Sometimes Diminishing Returns bites them hard, lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Why does it amuse me that this thread got knocked off the rails so quickly? lol

My name is Pruf, and I stack mastery on my druid (after the 2005 haste point of course).

Now try convincing my GM that 3k spi is a lot. I'm sitting at 2500 after I've reforged out of all of my spi to mastery =P Oh look, I can reforge more, I should do that. Maybe 2500 is too much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Unrelated, but if you're worried about being interrupted in PvP, just do unrated BGs! I hardcast constantly with tons of rogues and warriors and paladins on me, and almost never actually get interrupted! I think they took away their interrupts for unrated BGs, or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/30/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Tenala
Unrelated, but if you're worried about being interrupted in PvP, just do unrated BGs! I hardcast constantly with tons of rogues and warriors and paladins on me, and almost never actually get interrupted! I think they took away their interrupts for unrated BGs, or something.

Bad Pummel/Kick.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
Druids are kind of made to go for mastery after hitting the 2005 haste rating needed just because crit is terrible and for the most part hitting the next useful haste break point is extremely difficult. It is more of a PvP problem. Shamans for example need to hard cast to proc their mastery, however they don't have to cast to gain a short duration buff to be able to use half of the usefulness of their mastery. Yes druids do get the buff on direct healing spells but a lot of healing especially in PvP is hotting and running.
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Hunter
It is somewhat of a proc based upon the targets health the lower the health the higher the output of the mastery, but what I am saying is that they just cast and their mastery kicks in. Where as druids must hard cast before casting any hots to get the full benefit of their mastery.
Edited by Strawberry on 4/30/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]