Ritual of Doom and nostalgia

85 Undead Warlock
Does anyone else miss the old Ritual of Doom, where you had to have 5 people and one of them would die for it to summon? I, for one, think that it was spells like that that really made the Warlock class fun to play.

I think it would be really neat for Blizzard to add this spell back into the game. I know it really wasn't that useful, but it was just so much fun to use.

/nostalgia :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I posted about this the other day how this kind of makes us lose who we locks are..

We use stones, rituals, and other neat things to be strong..

Miss it.
Reply Quote
I also prefered the old Curse of Doom, would go Doomguard fishing on low level toons in Elwynn forest (attack off on VW but taunt on, would taunt my mob, cast CoD on it and wait the minute to see if i caught a DG. Would make VW into a bubble, CoS the DG and then enslave him and take him to SW to show him off.

This was Classic/TBC time btw.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ah good old Warlock Roulette. 'Round and 'round it goes, where it stops nobody knows, that is until someone dies. Whoever dies is the loser, if the lock dies then everyone loses!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I wasn't around for those days, but I fondly remember BoD killing Lady Deathwhisper when we barely downed her, then the Doomguard roflstomping our few surviving people as I ran towards the elevator.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Oh the fun days of watching goldshire get wrecked by my doomguard or infernal.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Eolas
I wasn't around for those days, but I fondly remember BoD killing Lady Deathwhisper when we barely downed her, then the Doomguard roflstomping our few surviving people as I ran towards the elevator.

Had that happen once in Auchindoun's Shadow Labyrinth's Murmur. Murmur died from the CoD but half the party was dead. I managed to banish it and then enslave it which took the healer out of combat so he could rez the others and then we killed the DG. I had to admit it was my fault and they all thought it was great and made a great ending to a great group.

I got tells from all of them for weeks to get together and and do instances to see it it would happen again but it didnt. Was only like a 8% roughly per death of the mob.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah, I miss all the neat little tricks that we could do with Enslave Demon and Curse of Doom. It increased the skill cap of the class in single player and small group play dramatically without hurting large group play, and really lent a lot of flavor to the class. While each little change is something I can get behind (constantly altering and then finally scrapping Firestones and Spellstones, Changing Doomguard and Infernal to a dps cooldown, less things to Enslave (due to us not being in Legion territory anymore)), I definitely miss the crazy !@#$ that a clever warlock could do. Not only did it lend a lot of flavor and style to the class, it also rewarded creative thinking and risk taking. I keep my fingers crossed every time for another Legion expansion exactly so that I can once again be creative with Enslave, as it seems to be the only tool we have left of that type.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Detect invis in duskwood
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Sadly i have a big list
-Curse of Reck w/ Fear
-Being able to drain mana
-Amp curse
-siphon life
-Dark pact
-master demonologist (felhunter resist, imp fire dmg ect)
-Sm/Ruin
-enslave demon(can't think of the last time i touched this spell)
-Demon Sac
-
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 03:09 AMPosted by Seribus
Detect invis in duskwood

I won 200 gp from a guildie (a month after ZG was available) as i was farming those ghosts for soul shards for a raid. A know-it-all guildy thought for sure there was nothing that would give me soul shards in Duskwood. when i showed up wrong after betting, he did pay up. 200 gp then was a lot of money.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
04/28/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Tecxero
Ah good old Warlock Roulette. 'Round and 'round it goes, where it stops nobody knows, that is until someone dies. Whoever dies is the loser, if the lock dies then everyone loses!

This is why you always have another warlock in the ritual!

I remember hearing a story about a guild that made a habit of trying to get their guild leader killed. He was clever, and they were never successful, until one day they loaded up on fire-resist pots, swam out to an island in the lake of lava in Blackrock Mountain, then the warlock summoned the guild leader and also a doomguard. Everyone died, but they got him!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/29/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Mefistofeles

I remember hearing a story about a guild that made a habit of trying to get their guild leader killed. He was clever, and they were never successful, until one day they loaded up on fire-resist pots, swam out to an island in the lake of lava in Blackrock Mountain, then the warlock summoned the guild leader and also a doomguard. Everyone died, but they got him!
Ha! Thats great!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/29/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Mefistofeles

But that's no fun. It's awesome watching the doomguard murder everyone while you watch from your corpse. ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I remember killing the final spider boss in Naxx (cant remember name...Max something or another) and my Bane of doom getting the killing blow summoning a DG who then wiped our raid.

Fun times, fun times.
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Warlock
Glyph of Roulette (Minor Glyph)

Grants you the ability Ritual of Doom.

Begins a ritual that sacrifices a random participant to summon a Doomguard. Requires the caster and 4 additional party members to complete the ritual. In order to participate, all players must right-click the portal and not move until the ritual is complete.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
Does anyone else miss the old Ritual of Doom, where you had to have 5 people and one of them would die for it to summon? I, for one, think that it was spells like that that really made the Warlock class fun to play.

I think it would be really neat for Blizzard to add this spell back into the game. I know it really wasn't that useful, but it was just so much fun to use.

/nostalgia :/

I liked it when it looked exaclty like the health stone ritual (ritual of souls). Always a great practical joke to break the post-wipe duldrums.

Nothing like producing "healthstones" ... rampaging, war stomping, fire raining "healthstones"

Then blizzard "fixed" it.

04/29/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Orloth
less things to Enslave (due to us not being in Legion territory anymore)

halaa, 2007

enh shaman one-shots me with the old windfury on a 2hander (god that windfury was awesome, even on the receiving end!)

i go to a forge camp, enslave an elite there, mount up.

fly the elite back to halaa, /petattack, win
Edited by Yuzuha on 5/1/2012 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I demand my doomguard roulette back! Just make it summon a pit lord instead. that one warlock summoned a pit lord for that quest in Searing Gorge(?) so I demand this ability once more!
Reply Quote
halaa, 2007enh shaman one-shots me with the old windfury on a 2hander (god that windfury was awesome, even on the receiving end!)i go to a forge camp, enslave an elite there, mount up.fly the elite back to halaa, /petattack, win

Not long after that, the FG got nerfed a bit. I also did this tactic and no doubt was part of the reason for the outcry of Warlocks are OPered. Since many locks never used Enslave Demon, the chains running across the chest were thought of decorations, no doubt. I love Enslave Demon, even glyphed for it... and i still find an occasional use for it too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warlocks were the only class that could kill their enemies, their friends, their pets, and themselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]