nope. devils in the details but my stance remains largely the same. A few things were my mistakes and at least one was hers. Heres what i know now.
1. She did gkick everyone, and did pay for a guild transfer. These were my misunderstandings due to the way she explained it to me. She called Blizzard directly and had the guild transfer done instantly due to the harassment but aside from that it was a normal guild transfer. She gkicked everyone because she didnt want anyone to get the in game mail showing where she had gone hoping that no one would be able to find her and thus continue harassing her.
2. Though she holds to the story that the logs were full of withdrawals, in an effort to see if i could verify that 100k was taken i asked her how much money was in the bank when she left and how much was in the bank when she took it, which she told me was around 340k and 270k respectively. This matches partially the story presented here of "just over 300k" going down to 270k, but still leaves another 30k uncounted for. This was her error which she admitted to me.
3. She was being harassed in game, but the harasser was not using real id to do it and only mentioned that Merkava had given away her Real Id info among other personal information such as the address and phone number of herself and at least her ex husband. The threats against her person still happened.
4. This harassment did occur and was very serious, which i can confirm due the severe measures she took to rid herself of it as i said before. I still cannot go into detail of what she did as she asked me not to given the personal connections involved so you'll have to take my word for it. Just know that its something severe enough that you don't just do it on a whim.
5. She claims that she has a friend who was in vent after the transfer and overheard at least some individuals talking about how they had been stealing from or had plans to steal from the guild to create their own guild anyway. I cannot verify this claim obviously.
Now a few things from me responding to latest updates.
1. Merkava is not a nice person as i said earlier. There are many people in the world who show respect to their friends but vitriol to everyone else, and from what Ive seen he is one of them. This is my word against what you know of your friend so i dont expect you to believe me, but this is my personal experience and now the experience of Tiasma.
2. I understand now that the guild was purchased after Insight was moved, perhaps it was bad wording or i just didn't understand but at any rate I now know that the guild was not being purchased while the other guild still existed.
3. Anyone who thinks bad of me for defending a persons actions during a highly stressful time and feels that the real life health and well being is worth less than an easily replaced bunch of materials in a video game is a sad person. Im sorry if this offends anyone or turns anyone against me or sounds like White Knighting, but this is my opinion on the matter.
Now on to the important part to those in this thread.
I spent a few hours arguing with her about returning at least some of what she took. She is immediately against it for a few reasons:
1. She doesn't want to give anything to Merkava and those in league with him for what hes done to her. I cant blame her for that in the slightest.
2. She still feels that money was being taken from the guild bank for devious purposes while she was away for two weeks. If its true what she heard from her friend I also cant fault her for this, but argued with her about it at great lengths.
3. She feels betrayed that everyone was quick to jump on the bandwagon of beating her down while no one tried to contact her to get her side of the story first. Barrak claims to have tried to contact her, but I cannot confirm that. I will say that if hes referring to any instance of Merkava trying to contact her that that conversation is guaranteed to have been anything but peaceful contact on both sides. I find fault with both sides on this one, both with her for taking drastic measures that she did, but understand why she did so, and with the people in this thread for jumping on a person who most of you admit you "would never have thought would do something like this" without trying to first find out why she did so, but also understand why you did so.
Edited by Baval on 5/12/2012 9:28 AM PDT