PvE gear in PvP

85 Dwarf Shaman
there really needs to be a high tradeoff, if you're going to wear pve gear in pvp the damage you take should go way up, not be relatively the same. this is mainly true for locks, boomkins, mages, and of course rogues.

I don't think that rogues are breaking arena right now, or even locks or shamans for that matter, but pve definitely is. running an LSD2 and using rathalak/legendary+cunnings to double your damage definitely isn't fair. the same goes for rls, or any other caster cleave. if an rls has legendarys, cunning, or vial then it makes them have to play a lot less better than you to win, which is kind of ridiculous.

also, there is a point in arena, where when there is literally no way to counter the comp you're running against because of the sheer insane damage pve gear gives (example LSD2 vs a melee comp). Because weapons and trinkets do on-hit damage procs, it's not a tradeoff for resil at all, because you can gem resil to make up for your loss and still be fine. or you can just ignore resil and still be fine because that's the state of the game.

I know blizz has said they're trying to fix this in cata, but i'm just posting here to make sure they DO fix this in cata because this season is silly. people complaining about the power of rogues or certain classes are generally terrible(they're overpowered but easily beatable if you have half a brain), but the power and insane damage increase of pve gear is undeniable.

tl;dr - pve gear is making it so some comps are literally uncounterable, and making others very hard to beat because of sheer damage. resil tradeoff is basically non-existant for the powerful classes this season because of how little resil seems to matter.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It is getting to the point where pve gear is more important than experience. I have been turned down from many teams not because of XP, but because i dont have legendaries or vial. Sadly, it actually does matter more if i use pve trink and wep than how good i am.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
first: your rogue is ugly

secondly: If you play pvp and do so competitively but do not do pve, at what point does blizzard justify giving pve players these massive damage increasing items that make or break games in pvp drop in pve that will be exploited in pvp? Never should pve give an unfair advantage in pvp and same goes for the other way around.

How many pve players would be mad if to obtain the best damage items in the game they had to do arenas on a weekly basis? they would cry louder then the pvp community that's for sure.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
At least it's not as bad as it used to be. Wrath was pretty crazy for PvE items in PvP.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Getonmyhorse
At least it's not as bad as it used to be. Wrath was pretty crazy for PvE items in PvP.

Cunning is far worse than DBW/DFO ever was.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
05/01/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Bubblês

Without a doubt, cunning/deathwing weps are making spellcleaves ridiculous. Shadowmourne was very strong, but dks/rets weren't hands down stronger than everyone else s8 either, and warriors were strong but were not at all comparable with rogues this season.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As a warrior I think I am actually hurting my self with using these items sure they're lfr but Im still losing around 700 resil which may seem alot but now instead of 15ks I get with 18 19k crits
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
05/01/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Beltway
As a warrior I think I am actually hurting my self with using these items sure they're lfr but Im still losing around 700 resil which may seem alot but now instead of 15ks I get with 18 19k crits

As I said, it's not really a problem on classes other than casters/rogues. A warrior will be notably easier to kill with these items, but will also do a good amount more damage. There still needs to be a more steep trade-off though, in my opinion, because Heroic Gurthulak ..bleh.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It all seems so easy to fix, just don't allow PvE items in PvP, more specifically arena. BG's imho are free-for-all so np there, but arena should be a level playing ground.

Everyone can buy or make PvP blues to get started, there was never a need to do PvP Defence and PvP Power, just make it so everyone has access to the same gear, and it's all based on comps and skill, not legendaries.

But that would mean Blizz would have to give a gnome's behind about PvP players, so that's just dreaming I guess
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I think that pve makes the pvp season more interesting. I hate when everyone has the same boring gear. At least there are options to wear pve gear and there should be its gear. Also there are many aspects of the game. If you want to be good at the game and pvp you shouldnt limit yourself to just pvp thats what i used to do.

Also if someone gets a legendary then they should kill everyone without one thats just fair. For the hard work to get that item. I think it should be incredibly hard to get a legendary so then theres not alot running around with it. So that way whoever has that item they run around like a king killing all who oppose them and dont have it. Isnt that what legendary means.

Just my thoughts there no reason to get gear unless you can kill someone with it. The best items in the game should be Legendary. The people using it should stomp anyone without it thats just basic logic. Dont understand why anyone complains or crys. If i go against legendary geared toons I should lose isn't that fair? Everyone should just except that and move on. Hopefully i can get a heroic item so i can be on the other end as oppossed to losing to it. People only complain when they dont have the gear. Lets move on already and have more interesting items in pvp the variety makes the game fun.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
While you make some good points, as countless others have done over the years, the bottom line is this:

Blizzard doesn't really care about PvP. Holding your breath for PvP-based changes isn't advisable.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The game is so heavily centered around PvE players already, it's grossly unfair to allow legendaries and OP epic drops to be allowed into arena. What makes it interesting is testing your skill versus another's, on equal gear level. It's hardly a test or a challenge to kill someone with legendary weapons.

Further proof the game is for PvE players? PvE players can trade Valor for Conquest points, PvP players cannot trade Conquest for Valor.

Nuff said
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Nope :) maybe you are with that name. Anyways someone who has heroic or legendary gear should be enjoying the ability to kill anyone without it. That is how it should be and is. Just like twinks which are alot of fun. Isn't a 85 just a twink with OP gear in the end. Just let people with legendary own end story.

I do think classes though should be nerfed like rogues, mages etc. that is where the real balancing needs to be anyways not the gear. Lets focus on that. The reason RLS is the comp isn't the gear its the comp. More items means more variety on comps. That would make the game more fun and interesting. Just my opinion you dont have to like it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also hi dirtnapper didn't c you there. Lets PvP and hope i get a Souldrinker makes healing me so much easier. :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I think that pve makes the pvp season more interesting. I hate when everyone has the same boring gear. At least there are options to wear pve gear and there should be its gear. Also there are many aspects of the game. If you want to be good at the game and pvp you shouldnt limit yourself to just pvp thats what i used to do.

Also if someone gets a legendary then they should kill everyone without one thats just fair. For the hard work to get that item. I think it should be incredibly hard to get a legendary so then theres not alot running around with it. So that way whoever has that item they run around like a king killing all who oppose them and dont have it. Isnt that what legendary means.

Just my thoughts there no reason to get gear unless you can kill someone with it. The best items in the game should be Legendary. The people using it should stomp anyone without it thats just basic logic. Dont understand why anyone complains or crys. If i go against legendary geared toons I should lose isn't that fair? Everyone should just except that and move on. Hopefully i can get a heroic item so i can be on the other end as oppossed to losing to it. People only complain when they dont have the gear. Lets move on already and have more interesting items in pvp the variety makes the game fun.

How stupid can someone be?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/01/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Bubblês

PvE gear in PvP does not mean just trinkets. Wrath PvP was plagued by ArP stackers and PvE gear haste stackers. The problem is ONLY trinkets now, which is a relatively easier fix than gear pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]