Selling runs/titles: Against TOS or no?

So... I'm in a HM progression guild that is interested in selling heroic dw titles/mounts for IRL money that is to be donated to charity and not to us. We are going to advertise it just as it is: for a set donation (not sure how much, thinking $100 or so) to a specific charity we will carry someone to the title. We don't want to do anything that will get us banned, however. Is this against TOS or no?

(Would really appreciate a blue response on this question)
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Adelaide
Selling in game services for real life money is against the ToS.

Even if the money doesn't go to us?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Silenciaa
Even if the money doesn't go to us?

Yes
Reply Quote
sh*tty. alright, scratch that idea then.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/30/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
is charging a monthly fee to join a guild in wow against the tos? i know quite a few guilds on our server that do this.

Anything you offer ingame for real money is against the ToS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
is charging a monthly fee to join a guild in wow against the tos? i know quite a few guilds on our server that do this.
I don't think it is.

But you'd have to be really really REALLY stupid to join those guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

That's a bit different, have not a clue what to say. I would lean closer to its a wrong, because the player is giving the guild RL money for guild perks (and raiding/status). Unless they use the money for fun things like the guild getting together in real life, but it just seems odd to me, to pay RL money to be in a guild.
Reply Quote
I understand why its against TOS, but this is still kinda crappy. We were hoping to be able to put our raiding to use for a good cause. Meh.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
04/30/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Silenciaa
I understand why its against TOS, but this is still kinda crappy. We were hoping to be able to put our raiding to use for a good cause. Meh.

Maybe have them do the donation and have them list a guild e-mail as the contact for confirmation? That should be a fair work around since they're donating to the cause directly, and then you're just helping them get the title.
Edited by Bomdanil on 4/30/2012 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Maybe have them do the donation and have them list a guild e-mail as the contact for confirmation? That should be a fair work around since they're donating to the cause directly, and then you're just helping them get the title.

yea, really what i was wondering is if we never touch the money directly if its still against TOS. based on what others are saying i think it might be. i wish i could get a blue response on this, but i doubt blizz will answer because they probably don't want to open up this conversation for debate and/or future issues.
Edited by Silenciaa on 5/1/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]