Posting Priveleges

1 Blood Elf Priest
Hey neighbours,

I am from the UK and have an EU account. I created a US triallist account for the 4.3 PTR to enable me to create chatacters for the PTR as at the time, the EU side was not working properly.

However, I would like to take part in the Beta discussions (the EU Beta forums are practically dead) and so have bought the US basic WOW and set up a subscription. However, whilst trying to reply to a thread, it says I am still a triallist and can only respond to this forum section and 2-3 other limited areas.

The only reason I bought this US account was to post in the healer/dps and beta threads. What do I need to do now in order to do this?

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Hello,

In order to post on most of the US based forums here on the community site, You'll need to have a US client and not a UK client of World of Warcraft. If you have a trial account you'll be unable to post in most forums here. So non-trial to post on most forums here. =)

As for the beta forums here, You would need to be invited by Blizzard based out of Irvine, California, As you are from the UK. Even though you have a beta account in the UK, It's not transferable to the US side here, Meaning you would need to opt-in on this site as the WoW Annual Pass Promotion is no longer taking more players into the program.
Edited by Teloraelin on 5/3/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It takes up to 72 hours from time of update until full forum privileges are given. This is done to give the payment for the account time to finalize and once your bank actually sends the funds to Blizzard, you should have full posting abilities. That doesn't mean that you will have posting privileges on the beta forums though and I'm not sure if an EU beta license would allow you to post on the US beta forums.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/03/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Teloraelin
As for the beta forums here, You would need to be invited by Blizzard based out of Irvine, California, As you are from the UK. Even though you have a beta account in the UK, It's not transferable to the US side here, Meaning you would need to opt-in on this site as the WoW Annual Pass Promotion is no longer taking more players into the program.
Source?

I know for the Diablo 3 Beta, it enabled me to post on the EU D3 forums, and the EU BlizzCon forums. How can you be so sure?

:)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Source?

I know for the Diablo 3 Beta, it enabled me to post on the EU D3 forums, and the EU BlizzCon forums. How can you be so sure?

:)

For the Diablo III Beta, You may have gotten permission to post on the EU forums, As the game client license is marked as "Global" instead of showing a specific region like World of Warcraft and Starcraft II do.

However, If you go to World of Warcraft's European webpage which is located at this URL

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/

You will get this error even if you are logged in. "No game licence was found. Please add one under your account". You can see this error where your character would normally be when logged in.

Note - The link is safe: Blizzard has this site set to where you can click to sites created and owned by Blizzard Entertainment Only!
Edited by Teloraelin on 5/3/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey neighbours,

I am from the UK and have an EU account. I created a US triallist account for the 4.3 PTR to enable me to create chatacters for the PTR as at the time, the EU side was not working properly.

However, I would like to take part in the Beta discussions (the EU Beta forums are practically dead) and so have bought the US basic WOW and set up a subscription. However, whilst trying to reply to a thread, it says I am still a triallist and can only respond to this forum section and 2-3 other limited areas.

The only reason I bought this US account was to post in the healer/dps and beta threads. What do I need to do now in order to do this?

Thanks in advance

Well, this is quite the conundrum, isn't it?

First, it can take up to 72 hours after upgrade for full posting access on the forums, however, posting here will sometimes speed up that process. Once you see the restrictions removed, you should be able to post in the healer/dps forums without issue.

Second, is your US account part of the Annual Pass program and has it been flagged for the MoP beta yet? You can only participate in the beta forums if you are actually flagged for the beta. If you are flagged for the beta on your EU account, I do not believe that will 'transfer' to the US account.
Edited by Catenae on 5/3/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/03/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Teloraelin
In order to post on most of the US based forums here on the community site, You'll need to have a US client and not a UK client of World of Warcraft. If you have a trial account you'll be unable to post in most forums here. So non-trial to post on most forums here. =)

The country of origin of his client has no bearing on forum access. Also, he mentioned that he had already upgraded his US account.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/03/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Catenae

The country of origin of his client has no bearing on forum access. Also, he mentioned that he had already upgraded his US account.
As long as his US WoW account is under the same battle.net account, then he would be flagged for beta as that is set to the battle.net account to grant access.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/03/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Flatspriest

As long as his US WoW account is under the same battle.net account, then he would be flagged for beta as that is set to the battle.net account to grant access.

Ahhh, I didn't realize that. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]