Brewmaster Tanking Guide

100 Human Warrior
Hai Commie!

I left my guild and quit raiding. Now I feel awesome How are you doing? :D

(I'll read more of the guide later)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yeah, the Mists of Pandaria lull has hit quite a few people and I'm seeing lots of raids and guilds fall apart lately. :(

I've been doing good myself. Haven't raided in a while, kind of upset I never really delved into DS hardmodes. I was pretty pissed that our hunter got his FIVE piece set before I got even one on my warrior. =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Bumpity
Reply Quote
Bumping for great justice, and so I don't have to search so much next time. My graphics card like this most recent beta push so I can play without having seizures now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I've kept this updated to the almost latest build. :)

The latest changes were GREAT.
Edited by Communism on 7/30/2012 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I was about to ask who bumped this, but then I got happy that it was you.

Reading it again!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nice lil guide. :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
07/31/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Lowmaine
I was about to ask who bumped this, but then I got happy that it was you.

I was just worried about hitting the link until I saw the same thing.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
I want to make my monk NOW, dangit!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
From your blog:

Blackout Kick: Is your main Chi dump. It costs 2 chi and grants the very powerful Shuffle buffle, which I explained is quite powerful at the beginning of this guide. Most importantly, if you already have Shuffle active, it will extend its duration by 6 seconds!

I think: the second "Shuffle" would correctly be "Stagger". I conclude this from the tooltip for Brewmaster training: Blackout Kick.

Perhaps I misunderstand, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
iirc Stagger is the Monk term for mitigating the damage. You 'stagger' the damage and some of it becomes a dot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I've set aside most stuff I needed for Mists, I think.

Seriously, the 25th cannot come soon enough.

Hopefully then I settle on a name.

08/01/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Guidance
I think: the second "Shuffle" would correctly be "Stagger". I conclude this from the tooltip for Brewmaster training: Blackout Kick.

Shuffle just means that you're boosting the amount of damage you're "staggering" later. Purifying Brew resets your "Stagger" so that way you're not taking all that damage as a DoT.

At least I think I've got that correct x_x
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I turn 22 on the 24th :D

08/01/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Lowmaine
At least I think I've got that correct x_x

Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yep, Stagger is something that happens to all melee attacks thanks to the Ox stance.

Shuffle is the buff that increases the transfer rate of Stagger.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/03/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Judgesyou
Every time I remember I have to start a Monk at level 1 I get a little less excited.

Do what I'm doing and RAF that baby.

Whining from Fearonianananan about JC

Who cares? JC still gives decent bonuses and on top of that generates the most cash out of any profession if you take the shuffle into account. I'll never drop JC, just because I have so many recipes that make me tons of gold. Hell, I still sell WOTLK gems and cuts for twinks.
Edited by Farabee on 8/3/2012 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What is the sense of having a CRAFTING profession that has nothing worth CRAFTING?

Gems are crafted.

You're not doing the correct things if what you replied is all you've done.
Here's a protip: The money comes from the green gems.

You should make a separate blog/thread about it instead of derailing the Brewmaster Tanking Guide thread on how to make gold from JC though.

For stam alone and at real high levels of gear you'd want BS/LW instead; LW lets you swap out the crappy 50 dodge enchant to bracers with 195 stamina which is a sizable increase over the Mixology boost you get from Alchemy, which is the same as any other crafting profession (100 stam).

IIRC there still won't be a new Stam Bracer enchant so the new Stam bracers one is still amazing.
Edited by Slashlove on 8/3/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I didn't notice before:
Shuffle buffle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]