"Skimpy" Transmogger's of WoW

90 Night Elf Hunter
I like the way my gear looks and I don't think it's all that unoriginal considering I honestly haven't seen anyone else in the same set. This is just my PvE set though.

My PvP set is entirely different and covers me fully from head to toe. But...I've seen LOTS of people in similar gear sets. The only thing that remains unique about my PvP set is the fact that I wear my guild tabard with it.

I fail to see how either set covering me or showing me off makes a difference to how I play the game. It's not reality, the appearance of my armor doesn't add or detract how much it actually protects my characters. The stats stay the same regardless of what it looks like.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I rarely even see skimpy transmogs. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Anyway, it's their choice and, as long as it's not hindering my fun in any way, they can be nude for all I care.
90 Worgen Priest
05/02/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Lovefool
Quite honestly, I see skimpy outfits once every other day. Maybe it's just my server.

On Wyrmwrest accord I see them EVERYWHERE.

It's true.
85 Orc Shaman
05/02/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Atropis

I think my toon looks sexy like this. =]

Besides dwarven women are one of the few that are actually WOMEN, and not boys with pretty faces.

Having breasts and hips is a good thing.

Having no waist is not.

I'm pretty sure female humans and draenei have nothing BUT breasts and hips.
70 Tauren Shaman
05/02/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Lovefool
I'm pretty sure female humans and draenei have nothing BUT breasts and hips.

There's a mental image.
90 Orc Warrior
I rarely even see skimpy transmogs. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Anyway, it's their choice and, as long as it's not hindering my fun in any way, they can be nude for all I care.

Same here. I usually see people in some sort of transmogg'd tier set (such as myself), transmogging a few items here and there, or completely ignoring the option to use transmog. Hardly ever see anyone in skimpy outfits.

That said, if I did it wouldn't bother me.. whatever makes the game more enjoyable for them, not gonna be the one to rain on their parade.
90 Pandaren Mage
Female gnomes.

That is all.
82 Draenei Priest
05/02/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Atropis

I think my toon looks sexy like this. =]

Besides dwarven women are one of the few that are actually WOMEN, and not boys with pretty faces.

Having breasts and hips is a good thing.

Having no waist is not.

Female dwarves have no waists? What are you smoking?
90 Worgen Mage
I am as skimpy as one can be (sorry found this thread a bit late, usually I'm on ball with Transmog threads)
85 Orc Shaman
05/02/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Novagosa
I am as skimpy as one can be (sorry found this thread a bit late, usually I'm on ball with Transmog threads)

:o
82 Draenei Priest
05/02/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Eeowynne
Question of the Day: IS this considered skimpy or not?

Yes.
85 Orc Shaman
05/02/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Eeowynne
Question of the Day: IS this considered skimpy or not?

Needs more T&A showing.
What's wrong with skimpy?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Nope I dont have issues with what peeps wish to make there toons look like, Its there game and well its not really that skanky Regarding the fact there are people out there that run patchs that show worse in games.
70 Tauren Shaman
05/02/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Alysandra
What's wrong with skimpy?

You're not allowed to dress your character the way you see fit!

Now go put on a hat!
I'm posting on this toon as proof that some of my toon's xmogs would make even the strictest of cultural modesty proud. Of 9 toons I have only 2 of them have skimpy xmogs and there are reasons for them to be so.

One is a female tauren prot pali mogged into (mostly) the Bloodscale set because it's so utterly ridiculas in appearance and socially off key that it's hilarious. Everyone that has seen her so far has laughed at it... which is the exact point of it.

The other is a belf. She's mogged out in her pve with (mostly) the Engraved mail set (plus Flame Wrath and Crown of Destruction) found in the lower level instances of Blackrock Mountain. She looks like she walked into Blackrock Mountain and spent so much time in there that she was transformed by the mountain itself into some sort of creature of the flames. Given the amount of time she has indeed spent in there, it suited, and her on fire appearance plays on the pun of her gear looking "hot"... which makes for some good play on words jokes.

The skimpiest is that same belf's pvp mog: Chief Brigadier set. Why? Similar reason to the tauren pali... it's ridiculas because as if something that skimpy is really going to provide protection in combat!!! and yet... it does. It's an outfit of pure irony.

What I found the funniest was the day a random passing toon in Org told me I was a "!@#$", a "depraved soul" and "disgusting" because of the way my belf appeared in her pve set. Made me wonder what they would have thought if they saw her in her pvp set! And what would they think knowing the same player has this toon I'm posting on as well. Just goes to show that it's impossible to judge a player by the type of xmog of one of their toons.

Now if someone skimpied out ALL of their toons, I'd tilt my head to the side and raise an eyebrow in curiosity as to what psychological issue lead them to doing that, but when I see people getting offended by the appearance of fictious cartoon characters in a computer game, it makes me question their psychological stability far more.

Maybe ask why people have chosen skimpy appearances for their toons before judging them over it eh?

For the record, I'm a female player.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]