[H] <Metric System> - Raiding

85 Orc Warlock
One of those things you come to realize when you move from the U.S. to Canada is how absolutely dumb the Imperial system of measurement is.

And if you dispute that fact? Well, I'll lay on a thousand punches... then you can have a megahurtz.

<Metric System> is a newly founded Horde-side raiding guild consisting of potato-lovers, Canadians, nerds, hipsters, bears, and some guy named Tezik. We're pretty loaded on awesome already, so why am I making this ad?

Well, we haven't yet developed cloning technology, which means we cannot field a full raid group quite yet.

Which is where you come in. If you have the moves and grooves it may be a good time to transition

into our guild

so you guild build

yourself a place

before our raid spots are filled.

Don't raid, you say,
but like the way
I'm dropping these rhymes, well
doesn't happen every day...

but hey, I have good news for you too, 'cause we're a pretty small guild with a pretty small number on that leveling counter. We need friends that will become family because that's just the best.

So now that that's off my chest...

The following information contains content that would be silly to be silly with. I deeply apologize.

We aim to be a fairly casual raid guild with standards that allow us to progress through building teamwork. I've done good work with such a system in the past, and I hope to use this model through Mists of Pandaria as well!

We propose a tentative schedule of:

Tuesday, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Thursday, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Sunday, 6:30 - 9:30 PM

SERVER TIME

Enough to get stuff done, not so much to wear ourselves out. Of course, if MoP drops at an opportune time, not only will I get rid of this ridiculous rhyme, but we may bump the schedule up a bit more if we're all feeling the groove.

Standards, standards. Hate 'em but need 'em.

We're looking for good raiders. I mean this in the least elitist way possible, but the raiders we have currently are just at a certain level where we'd like others to be near as well so we don't have issues among ourselves. We're down with helping people improve, of course, and we're nice people, so if you think you can do fairly well in a raid environment, give us a try!

Otherwise we're looking for people who are enjoyable to be around. This can mean being that quiet shy guy or gal who does their job well! As long as the words "bad", "suck", "awful", or "noob" don't make their way into your vocabulary.

Skype is required as it will be our form of raid communication. It's latency is a bazillion times lower than vent/mumble, and you'll notice it when you start using it for us. Having a working microphone is required too, even if you only ever use it to call out the most absolutely necessary things. But I've found that even people who say they never talk turn into chatterboxes once they've been with our group for a while.

RAID NEEDS:

-1 tank, preferably druid or paladin

Like what you see/hear/feel? Get in contact with me. We don't have a website right now, and may not ever, so sending me a mail or whisper is the best way to get in contact. It also makes me feel loved, so that's a bonus! Be prepared for an inter

Finally, for those who are not raiders but are smitten by my charm? We like friends, so if you're looking to play casual and maybe hop in when we do old raids or other fun things, we're down. Just hit me up, show me you're a friendly person, and we'll bring you into our family.

Finally, I know what some of you are thinking. I can see right into your minds. All I have to say is:

I like potatoes.
Edited by Azigar on 5/6/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
You like potatoes? And the metric system?

Good. Good.

But was it your stance on...

Bacon?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I'm vegetarian.

=/
Reply Quote

Bacon?
There is only one stance on bacon, for any real bacon fans:

Canadian bacon, is neither Canadian, nor bacon.
Bacon comes in strips.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hipster bear checking in.

Now, to decide what to play...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight

Bacon?
There is only one stance on bacon, for any real bacon fans:

Canadian bacon, is neither Canadian, nor bacon.
Bacon comes in strips.

Over here we call it Shoulder Bacon.

I'm vegetarian.

=/

Well, then bacon is not for you.

Good luck with this anyway. I'm happily guilded H-Side, otherwise I might have juts looked you up.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Welcome back to WoW :P Best of luck though with the guild!
Edited by Spellbreaker on 5/3/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm Tezik and I PvP in season 9 gear!

P.S. We aren't all Canadians, just so you know.. Actually only Azigar is.
Edited by Tezik on 5/3/2012 4:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

We're all Canadian at heart.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
05/03/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Ceina
Bacon?

I'm a little late this time.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
So I found this to be pretty entertaining in the beginning, but as I kept reading, it got less and less funny.

4/10
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight

We're all Canadian at heart.

I demand poutine and your polar bears so I may ride them to work.
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Shaman
Yay! Canadians! If I was unguilded I'd be up in your grill representing Southern Alberta!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
So I found this to be pretty entertaining in the beginning, but as I kept reading, it got less and less funny.

4/10

Is that a metric or imperial 4/10?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
05/03/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Azigar
Is that a metric or imperial 4/10?

Yes.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
He's part of the metric system, so I'd assume it's metric.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Canadians

sorry sir i only deal with french-canadians
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Tezik tried to convince me to do naughty things with him. I'm not really sure where this is going...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
so many endless possibilities
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]