Your thoughts on Rdruid PvP healing

85 Night Elf Druid
Please let me know your thoughts on Rdruid PvP healing and if it is viable.....if not THEN I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG with screenshots. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's viable if you have amazing peels. Our throughput is not the issue. Our survivability is really low and we get zerg down far to easily. It might work in a 4 heal strat in a rated BG team against spell cleaves, but that would be about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
my thoughts? it's bad, and i don't want to give it any thought, otherwise i will be disappointed. i've given up on pvp as resto this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I actually have little problems with healing in bgs. Yes our survivability isn't as good as some of the others, but played right we are very viable healers be it reg bg's or rateds
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I find that as the bracket size increases, resto druids become more and more efficient. For example, it is not easy for a resto druid to do well in 2s matches because of their class setup, but in 5s teams and RBGs we do much better.
Survivability is a pretty big issue for resto druids imo. Any decent melee class can almost global a resto druid without too much difficulty. The only relevant cooldowns we have to work with are tree form, bark skin, nature's grasp, and nature's swiftness. In the end, it really comes down to how much CC ability yoour team has, and a good peeler also comes in handy for those pesky rogues, ferals, DKs, etc. Your ability to LoS is also a pretty important factor in arenas, too because any disc priest could drop you to zero mana in a few mana burns. Fit all of these factors in well, and you could probably succeed as a resto druid in pvp, but honestly, disc priests and holy paladins are very OP this patch, and it would be a much better idea to roll one of these classes if you wanted easy rating.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/03/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Nedruidman
Please let me know your thoughts on Rdruid PvP healing and if it is viable.....if not THEN I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG with screenshots. :)

lol youve done 38 bgs and are 0/4 in arena, where are you going to get a screenshot proving anything?

anyways, there are some amazing r druids out there that can hit 2200+ with the right teammates giving them awesome peels. but asaide from that statistical outlier r druids are by far the squishiest healer atm. they can be agreesive in 2v2 when cyclone can keep have the team cc'd for a good portion of the game but above with more opponents they can get blown up in seconds while they burn all their cd's.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin
Screenshots of what? Big numbers on a bg scoreboard? Yea, I can do that on a druid too, resto druids still suck badly in PvP regardless of any big numbers you put up on a battleground scoreboard.

You have less than 2k honor kills. No offense but I somehow doubt your credentials when it comes to resto druid PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
WE'RE ALL ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE SCREENSHOTS
Edited by Drimza on 5/5/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
pile of garbage
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
lol... I know where my class sits for PvP right now. I play it because I enjoy it, and while the class itself hasn't seen much improvement this expac, I certainly have. To be honest, that's enough for me.

And while the screenshots (which have yet to appear) do make me curious, at the end of the day, it is a split second image out of a run that proves nothing. Even the end of match numbers don't prove you are a good player or that one class is any more viable than another. Sure, I can top healing charts/meters in PvP all of the time too...... Usually it just requires me to encourage stupidity by keeping stupid people alive while they fight where they shouldn't. Not really my thing.

Cheers,
Zen
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/05/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Gamex
pile of garbage
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nom
Nom
Nom
Screenshotz
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My thought on Rdruid PvP healing is that this helm makes it hard to see where I am going.

What?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My thought on Rdruid PvP healing is that this helm makes it hard to see where I am going.

What?

^

THE COOL KIDS GET HEADBANDS
Edited by Gamex on 5/7/2012 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why would you want to be resto when there are tons of groups wanting Boomkins for their RBGs? We're certainly more than viable with the right gear. Cunning of the Cruel Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
rdruid x rdruid duel. That's the best type of pvp rdruids enjoy now and I bet it's the content of OP screenshots.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
They should give Resto druids Typhoon. That would be all kinds of awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's viable if you have amazing peels. Our throughput is not the issue. Our survivability is really low and we get zerg down far to easily. It might work in a 4 heal strat in a rated BG team against spell cleaves, but that would be about it.

^ QFT.
Throughput is fine, but you guys are sitting ducks.

In an RBG, RDruids are ALWAYS primary kill target, even ahead of Boomkins and Fire Mages.
They just drop like that.

Holydins have a bubble, Shammys have SLT.

I view trees as a free kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]