High elf as a playable race

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/02/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Mihkail
Or they could just redo ghost lands for high elves and evensong for blood elves. Except ghostlands is a beautiful fantasy forest now. Ghostlands is pretty much neutral already aside from the boring horde quests nobody does anymore.

How is Ghostlands in any way shape or form neutral? The only actual quests out their come from Blood elves and Forsaken.
85 Human Paladin
This poor horse has already been beaten to death, mutilated, and had its body pulverized

High Elves won't ever be playable, if on;y because of aesthetics, and the simple fact they look too similar to Blood Elves.

Blizzard has in its criteria for new races being the fact that they want races to be instantly distinguished from each other, and applicable to factions at a glance

Pandaren are the first exception to this rule, but at least they have enough lore and bumbers to justify being a playable race

High Elves don't. They are a minority within a minority. There are less high elves in the world than the RPG population of Goldshire.
I already addressed that fact.

Panderen broke the each race needs to have a unique look rule.

Also lol? Since when did panderen had a lot of lore? We saw no panderen in azeroth aside from the store pets and they were barely a part of anything in all of warcraft.

But high elves were an active alliance race in warcraft 3 and even in previous warcrafts. They had more presence then pandas.
85 Human Paladin
I don't often agree with Malanis, but he's dead on here.
Sure, there are High Elves in the Alliance right now. But those are VERY small in number. Blood Elves are rare enough as is, the small number that survived the fall of Quel'Thalas ANd the loss of the Sunwell is pretty much limited to people who were offworld or found another non-demon fueled energy source pronto.
As for curing the green eyes and all? That's not gonna happen. It MAY fade in time, but we just don't know yet. The orcs are on their 3rd generation, reaching to their 4th and they are still green form demonic abuse. There's no known cure either.

And then there's the whole gameplay thing Aurria pointed out.

Has anyone in here but me read my post? OR just skimmed.

Orcs are different. Blood elves dont have green skin they have fair skin just like high elves. Meaning their not that corrupted. The only reason they have that is because they lost the sunwell needed a new source of energy.

but now the sunwell is restored which means a lot of blood elves can purify themselves. Becoming high elves.

orcs dont have a sunwell.

as for gameplay aspect blizzard already killed it with panderen. Since both horde and alliance panderen look the same.
This poor horse has already been beaten to death, mutilated, and had its body pulverized

High Elves won't ever be playable, if on;y because of aesthetics, and the simple fact they look too similar to Blood Elves.

Blizzard has in its criteria for new races being the fact that they want races to be instantly distinguished from each other, and applicable to factions at a glance

Pandaren are the first exception to this rule, but at least they have enough lore and bumbers to justify being a playable race

High Elves don't. They are a minority within a minority. There are less high elves in the world than the RPG population of Goldshire.

Also lol? Since when did panderen had a lot of lore? We saw no panderen in azeroth aside from the store pets and they were barely a part of anything in all of warcraft.

But high elves were an active alliance race in warcraft 3 and even in previous warcrafts. They had more presence then pandas.

She was saying that Blizz tries to make NEW playable races uniqueish and the only difference between High and Blood elves is skin color (possibly hair) and eye color.

As far as lore she never said that they dont have the lore, she said they dont have the NUMBERS. This blizz has gone on record for saying. Could it be changed? ofcourse, but as things stand, that is how it is.
97 Blood Elf Warlock
why do the people that want high elves think world of warcraft takes place in warcraft 2? the plot has moved on some times plot moves onward the whole birth of the blood elves pretty much screamed the high elves are gone. what ever high elves that are left are relics that will eventually die out or breed with humans and eventually fade away. why do people keep trying to make blood elves high elves? why do they want a batch of high-elves just appear so they can be playable and destroy the blood elven lore and name?
I don't often agree with Malanis, but he's dead on here.
Sure, there are High Elves in the Alliance right now. But those are VERY small in number. Blood Elves are rare enough as is, the small number that survived the fall of Quel'Thalas ANd the loss of the Sunwell is pretty much limited to people who were offworld or found another non-demon fueled energy source pronto.
As for curing the green eyes and all? That's not gonna happen. It MAY fade in time, but we just don't know yet. The orcs are on their 3rd generation, reaching to their 4th and they are still green form demonic abuse. There's no known cure either.

And then there's the whole gameplay thing Aurria pointed out.

Orcs are different. Blood elves dont have green skin they have fair skin just like high elves. Meaning their not that corrupted. The only reason they have that is because they lost the sunwell needed a new source of energy.

but now the sunwell is restored which means a lot of blood elves can purify themselves. Becoming high elves.

as for gameplay aspect blizzard already killed it with panderen. Since both horde and alliance panderen look the same.

Again blizz has said that it will take time for the Blood elves blood to be cleansed of fel taint. It is not something that just washes off.
85 Human Paladin

His point being that Blizzard is creating lore for the Pandaren that makes their situation work. For the High Elves there's just no way to change it for them besides a massive retcon.

retcon is not neccerery. This is progression.

This is a pure race fighting for revival and an active part of the alliance (silver covenent and the few scattered in alliance cities).

This is about progression.

This is about the high elves rising up.

This could also lead into more lore about the sunwell and arcane power. Their is expansions worth of possible engaging lore in their if they high elves return.
85 Human Paladin

Again blizz has said that it will take time for the Blood elves blood to be cleansed of fel taint. It is not something that just washes off.
Has anyone ever tried to cleanse themselves with the power of the sunwell?
Probably not in fact the whole elf thing for both belfs and helfs hasnt changed since bc. The only thing blizzard changed was now belfs dont need mana tap because they use the power of the sunwell.

Its the sunwell its a fountain of powerful holy energy. Im sure it can change your eye colour.
85 Human Paladin

Has anyone ever tried to cleanse themselves with the power of the sunwell?
Probably not in fact the whole elf thing for both belfs and helfs hasnt changed since bc. The only thing blizzard changed was now belfs dont need mana tap because they use the power of the sunwell.

Its the sunwell its a fountain of powerful holy energy. Im sure it can change your eye colour.

The Light couldn't even cleanse a man of Scourge taint. I highly doubt that it can cure demonic infection.
Pfft some demonic infection! Oh no my eyes are now green!
So are my mothers does that mean the she feeds on demonic energy?
edit: in case u mis understand im saying the fel impact was petty.
Edited by Mihkail on 5/2/2012 8:28 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Here is what I have to say on this whole bit:

The High Elves that are Blood Elves wont change faction unless something drastic and I mean DRASTIC happens. Fel siphoning doesn't make you a Blood Elf, its a faction not a race.

The amount of High Elves that are not Blood Elves in this game are fully represented by the amount of NPCs in the game that are High Elves. This leaves no room for players.

What they could do, and this is a huge loop hole, is make the Orb of Sin'dorei last until death and remove the cool-down from it. This would allow you to look the part but not really be one.
We aren't arguing lore theory with how cleansing the demonic taint works, we are argueing blizzard statements regarding the demonic taint and like it or not they are the end all be all of lore. If they say it can't be washed away as simple as you want it to be, then that is all there is to it, at least until blizz changes it's mind which it has not done.
85 Human Paladin

The High Elves that are Blood Elves wont change faction unless something drastic and I mean DRASTIC happens. Fel siphoning doesn't make you a Blood Elf, its a faction not a race.

The amount of High Elves that are not Blood Elves in this game are fully represented by the amount of NPCs in the game that are High Elves. This leaves no room for players.

What they could do, and this is a huge loop hole, is make the Orb of Sin'dorei last until death and remove the cool-down from it. This would allow you to look the part but not really be one.
This is about breeding more high elves and cleansing current younger blood elfs that have not yet pledged allegiance to the horde become a alliance.
85 Human Paladin
lore aside.
How cool would it be to play a high elf battle mage.

I would like to point out that there is a slight biological difference between the two thanks to the fel taint. Although it did start out, and for the most part still is, a matter of politics.
lore aside.
How cool would it be to play a high elf battle mage.

A blood elf warlock is much funner.
90 Human Warrior

I would like to point out that there is a slight biological difference between the two thanks to the fel taint. Although it did start out, and for the most part still is, a matter of politics.

The Biological difference between Blood Elves and High Elves is the same as the Biological Difference between people from Sweden and Norway.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/02/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Mihkail
Which means a lot of blood elves including new borns can choose to instead of fel energies embrace the sunwell and be cured of their fel infusion. Thus allowing them to become pure blue eyed high elves yet again.

Incorrect, that is not how it works.

The fel energy has altered their DNA. Their children will have green glowing eyes, as will their grandchildren and so on. It is the same as how the Orc's green skin is now a part of their race. If it was so simple to remove the fel corruption, the Orcs would have gone back to being brown long ago.

The fel infusion is irreversible. The elves may no longer suffer their painful addictions to magic like they once did, but those who became Blood Elves will remain Blood Elves until the day they die.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]