High elf as a playable race

85 Human Paladin
First off Wowwiki is not a very credible source on its own, numbers are mostly from the RPG wich has been dubbed non-canon(until otherwise stated), and that page you pointed us too was missing citations itself.

edit. Also your plan would not go unnoticed by Silvermoon and by extention the Horde, so there would be fighting occuring almost as soon as they landed. It is very difficult to convert people while in the middle of fighting.
your right. But their are still high elves living in kul tiras. That hasnt changed.

I dont know if youve looked at that blank zone i told u about. If you did youl notice their isnt any horde their meaning they have no way of knowing or even contesting. If its a blank zone then what will they be fighting for?

This zone is surrounded by very tall mountains making spotting this new colony almost impossible. Since it has such a huge shore. The massive navy of kul tiras would easily be able to land and start building. After they have built and established a stronghold they can march on to the ghostlands horde will fight but theirs no way they will win because navy>infantry.

The ghostlands are a wasteland anyway not worth it. So once the high elves of kul tiras claim at least half of ghostlands they can start cleansing and building an empire.

As for the sunwell...

Silver covenant has been fighting the blood elves for sometime. Yet high elves are permited and what about me im a member of the alliance ive killed tons of blood elves yet i could just walts in to the sunwell in get my qual delar or quest in the isle of qual danas.

At this point it seems more like the idea of high elves being playable just pisses you off cause no matter what i say you will find some reason why it couldnt work.

Their are a lot of ways this couldnt work

and a lot of way it could.
85 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Sagerius
That area you are talking about is Stratholme. If you are in front of Stratholme and open map, or just open the map and see Strathome on it, you will notice that the whole area is the city.
I could of sworn it was blank. I havnt checked in cata but i remember going their and finding late highbourne architecture and then just flat?

But so it is. Well still stratholme is an abandoned alliance city. Even better they just have to reclaim it.
89 Human Paladin
That area you are talking about is Stratholme. If you are in front of Stratholme and open map, or just open the map and see Strathome on it, you will notice that the whole area is the city.
I could of sworn it was blank. I havnt checked in cata but i remember going their and finding late highbourne architecture and then just flat?

But so it is. Well still stratholme is an abandoned alliance city. Even better they just have to reclaim it.

It still is blank but it is implied to be Stratholme especially since it is a huge city in lore like Stormwind, if not bigger and the area is right behind the city entrance. And The argent Crusade is working actively to reclaim it.

As for the high elf architecture I do remember it but if I remember they were either near the blank spot or somewhere else in plaguelands. It might be possible that Stratholme could have land behind it, either that or docks.

Edit: There is a video of someone navigating behind stratholme and the entirety of the blank region on the map is the city itself for the most part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxCJeRing94&feature=fvwrel
Edited by Sagerius on 5/2/2012 10:10 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Okay, now added to treason and espionage you've sandwiched them between the forsaken and the Blood Elves in an all out war. In a city overrun by scourge with no port.

That area is Stratholm and deathholm the "helms deep" of WoW. Also they wouldn't last a snowballs chance in hell in Ghostlands.

Kul Tiras is southwest of Gilneas between EK and the Maelstrom. I doubt they could help any. Since the last time I checked they were a Navel kingdom not an airbase. Ships don't go up mountains easily.

How is any of this going to help their numbers grow? Especially since you can guarantee that they'd be cut off from the Sunwell for taking military action against Silvermoon.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
First off Wowwiki is not a very credible source on its own, numbers are mostly from the RPG wich has been dubbed non-canon(until otherwise stated), and that page you pointed us too was missing citations itself.

edit. Also your plan would not go unnoticed by Silvermoon and by extention the Horde, so there would be fighting occuring almost as soon as they landed. It is very difficult to convert people while in the middle of fighting.
your right. But their are still high elves living in kul tiras. That hasnt changed.

I dont know if youve looked at that blank zone i told u about. If you did youl notice their isnt any horde their meaning they have no way of knowing or even contesting. If its a blank zone then what will they be fighting for?

This zone is surrounded by very tall mountains making spotting this new colony almost impossible. Since it has such a huge shore. The massive navy of kul tiras would easily be able to land and start building. After they have built and established a stronghold they can march on to the ghostlands horde will fight but theirs no way they will win because navy>infantry.

The ghostlands are a wasteland anyway not worth it. So once the high elves of kul tiras claim at least half of ghostlands they can start cleansing and building an empire.

As for the sunwell...

Silver covenant has been fighting the blood elves for sometime. Yet high elves are permited and what about me im a member of the alliance ive killed tons of blood elves yet i could just walts in to the sunwell in get my qual delar or quest in the isle of qual danas.

At this point it seems more like the idea of high elves being playable just pisses you off cause no matter what i say you will find some reason why it couldnt work.

Their are a lot of ways this couldnt work

and a lot of way it could.

First- A massive navy traveling across the sea does not go unnoticed. especialy in the middle of a bloody world war.

Second- The ghostlands are in the middle of being captured by the forsaken/Blood Elves (if it hasn't been done already.

Third- High Elves are allowed into the Sunwell, thats about it, the reason an alliance member is allowed there was because you were trying to rebuild a relic of their people and had Silver Covenant support, which by the way was only enough to keep you from being slaughtered.

Fourth- Don't presume to know anything about me please. If you had bothered to look up the last thread on this subject you would have seen how I felt on the subject.
85 Human Paladin
Okay, now added to treason and espionage you've sandwiched them between the forsaken and the Blood Elves in an all out war. In a city overrun by scourge with no port.

That area is Stratholm and deathholm the "helms deep" of WoW. Also they wouldn't last a snowballs chance in hell in Ghostlands.

Kul Tiras is southwest of Gilneas between EK and the Maelstrom. I doubt they could help any. Since the last time I checked they were a Navel kingdom not an airbase. Ships don't go up mountains easily.

How is any of this going to help their numbers grow? Especially since you can guarantee that they'd be cut off from the Sunwell for taking military action against Silvermoon.

LoL the scourge in that city is gone arthas is dead and the new lich king is a good guy that keeps the scourge in check. Also players have already destroyed the scourge their.

Also considering the fact that the argent crusade wants to setup shop their tells me its clearly habitable.

Also its sandwiched between two neutral zones ruled by the argent crusade. So its very safe.

As for the part that its a navy thats all they need.

Think of it like this reclaim strat for kul tiras high elves after this is done and they setup this as a new ally capital or it could just be like gilneas and just be for questing.
Anyways after this is done they can rest regroup and head off possibly call in back up from storm wind. Which currently has THE LARGEST NAVY in the game. It surpass the horde navy.

So they have more then enough to spare to the cause of gaining ghostlands.

Another thing is I dont know why they need to go over the mountains ghost lands is surrounded by two massive shores and without a major horde stronghold within the zone its like taking candy from a baby.

It looks perfect to me. In fact I bet their planning this for post MoP as a intro of kul tiras in wow since players have been begging for both high elves and kul tiras for ages.
85 Human Paladin
First- A massive navy traveling across the sea does not go unnoticed. especialy in the middle of a bloody world war.

Second- The ghostlands are in the middle of being captured by the forsaken/Blood Elves (if it hasn't been done already.

Third- High Elves are allowed into the Sunwell, thats about it, the reason an alliance member is allowed there was because you were trying to rebuild a relic of their people and had Silver Covenant support, which by the way was only enough to keep you from being slaughtered.

Fourth- Don't presume to know anything about me please. If you had bothered to look up the last thread on this subject you would have seen how I felt on the subject.
please link it id be happy to read it.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427562988?page=1 This was the original thread that this was discussed in. Some good ideas were brought up by both sides of the fence.
85 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Shaithiss
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427562988?page=1 This was the original thread that this was discussed in. Some good ideas were brought up by both sides of the fence.
thx seems like a nice read.
85 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Shaithiss
very long thread though I did read the op's post and I have to say I think having alliance blood elves is a terrible idea.

Blood elves belong in the horde they even have the red colour to match the horde.

High elves have blue eyes blue architecture.
High elves have battlemages.
Also the lore behind them the area for further exploring the world of the arcane is great.

Honestly I think it all comes down to the players if enough people want it blizz will put it in the game.
100 Human Priest
High elves bring nothing new to the Alliance as a playable race. The Alliance is already made up of many knowledgeable races who utilize the arcane.
85 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Vicara
High elves bring nothing new to the Alliance as a playable race. The Alliance is already made up of many knowledgeable races who utilize the arcane.
high elves knew arcane before anyone.

Thats like comparing harry potter to Dumbledore.

Their an elder arcane race.

They know more about arcane then anyone possibly more. Growth has stunted since the fall of qual thalas and what stunted it even more is the separation. Neither high elves or belfs are doing well. Once the high elves get some backing azeroth can continue to uncover newer and better arcane knowledge.

Eventually leading up to some insane arcane centric xpac
100 Human Priest
05/02/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Mihkail
high elves knew arcane before anyone.

Therre are Night elf mages that are 10,000+ years old. Draenei ones that are 25,000+ old. So no, that's false.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
pokes the dust that used to be a horse...

blizzard already said no, why do these threads keep comming up? nothing new as said, there is a search function for this kind of thing. nothing new has been added and nothing that will counter blizzards paraphrased statement "there are not enough" has been added.
85 Human Paladin
pokes the dust that used to be a horse...

blizzard already said no, why do these threads keep comming up? nothing new as said, there is a search function for this kind of thing. nothing new has been added and nothing that will counter blizzards paraphrased statement "there are not enough" has been added.
Blizzard said no?

Please show me where they ever did that? Or did it just happen in your imagination?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't say it couldn't happen during the life time of WoW but I highly doubt it would happen while the Alliance and Horde are at each others throat as they are now. Maybe when Thrall or a more tempered leader takes the Horde back it would open the possibility of the High Elves returning to Quel'thalas but until something happens to calm down the war it won't happen.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I see more of a chance at blood elves being able to change their eye color, both sides get back together, and they can go either faction.

Blood elf eyes change quickly, and it's not the same as the orc corruption. Orcs drank demonic blood, we just messed around took demonic magic. The orcs also do not have a sunwell and the orcs do not take in magic, so it's not the same. The blood elves' eyes will probably return to normal, you can probably get a glyph or something to optionally turn your eyes green again, silvermoon will have been rebuilt by now, ghostlands and eversong healed, and etc. As the blood elves heal, they won't be as needy to stay with the horde, they only went with their enemy because they had just been attacked by arthas, were having severe withdrawals, the land destroyed and home desimated. I see change in the future.
100 Human Priest
Blizzard said no?

Please show me where they ever did that? Or did it just happen in your imagination?

They haven't said outright no but it's kind of absurd they'd put it in now. They have said the original fourth race was going to be High elf or Gnome and they made the right decision since there was already an elf race. Then adding Blood elves to Horde as a playable race pretty much sealed their fate.

High elves also completely lack what new playable races are meant to give. A new model, we know they look exactly like blood elves but with blue eyes. New architecture to the game (Ex: Goblin = Industrial, Gilnean = Victorian). New racials, they're not too different from blood elves outside of mana tapping. They also provide nothing new to the Alliance it doesn't already have, it already has the elf race/survivor race.
86 Troll Priest
05/02/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Mihkail

and no matter how many times we say it couldn't work you keep arguing against it

if we seem pissed off it's because we've been through this argument before

realize that remaining high elves in lore are scattered with no true leader or faction

the silver covenant is just an extension of the kirin tor
other remaining high elves are in stormwind, kul tiras, outland, and other places in between, they are very few

and you're suggesting they would plan an attack on silvermoon while sandwhiched between the forsaken and the blood elves?

no
90 Human Warrior

LoL the scourge in that city is gone arthas is dead and the new lich king is a good guy that keeps the scourge in check. Also players have already destroyed the scourge their.

Also considering the fact that the argent crusade wants to setup shop their tells me its clearly habitable.

Also its sandwiched between two neutral zones ruled by the argent crusade. So its very safe.

As for the part that its a navy thats all they need.

Think of it like this reclaim strat for kul tiras high elves after this is done and they setup this as a new ally capital or it could just be like gilneas and just be for questing.
Anyways after this is done they can rest regroup and head off possibly call in back up from storm wind. Which currently has THE LARGEST NAVY in the game. It surpass the horde navy.

So they have more then enough to spare to the cause of gaining ghostlands.

Another thing is I dont know why they need to go over the mountains ghost lands is surrounded by two massive shores and without a major horde stronghold within the zone its like taking candy from a baby.

It looks perfect to me. In fact I bet their planning this for post MoP as a intro of kul tiras in wow since players have been begging for both high elves and kul tiras for ages.

It's not gone yet, if you read the lore in the Hearthglen quests you'd know that they're in the process of clearing WPL of scourge in Cata. Also Stratholme is in EPL not WPL The Argent Crusade base there is much smaller. They're in the process of getting rid of the Scourge but they're not gone yet. The Scourge in EK and Kalimdor aren't controlled by the Lich King they're controled by rogue scourge factions.

It's not sandwiched between two neutral zones. The Ghostlands is a Blood Elf zone filled with Blood Elves and Forsaken for the most part. Although there are some Amani Trolls left. Also the Argent Crusade is a neutral faction. In an all out war, especially since High Elves/Kul Tiras would be the aggressors in this scenario, the AC would do nothing to help the Alliance because they'd be siding against the horde. Which they cannot do at the moment for many reasons.

Once again you're talking about massive casualties in an effort to build a city for a small population of Elves in a still hostile area. It's ridiculous, the casualties would equal the amount of High Elves you'd be putting in the city. Nobody would be willing to do that. Especially since the majority of the casualties would be High Elves, at least they better be backing the assault if its for their cause. Although it's not uncommon for them to want to sit back and do nothing while everyone else sacrifices for something, then come around and cry because they cant reap the benefits(Sunwell).

If SW didn't have the power to help Quel'thalas in the Third War what makes you think they could do anything now. Especially since they'd have to send that "largest Navy in Azaroth" right passed Undercity to even get over there. Hey, I have a great idea lets get our ships sunk in an area far away from any land we control so the Forsaken can add more to their ranks without invading.

No they don't have more than enough to spare. For one its not candy its a city overrun with scourge, that city is the largest scourge base on Eastern Kingoms and was originally the second largest human city in the Eastern Kingdoms. It's also currently being retaken by a massive amount of Blood Elves and Forsaken. Also, as I've stated before, it's right at the horde's doorstep.

You're just grasping at straws here. If they had the forces to lead a direct invasion in the Eastern Kingdoms they would have taken over the UnderCity by now and the Forsaken would be extinct.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]