Droid 3D update looks great when it works

90 Blood Elf Priest
I love that we're on par with the iPhone now. The 3D view looks amazing along with the different stances. However it hangs up on the loading about 90% of the time. Always works just fine on WiFi but when i'm just out and about not around WiFi it freezes on my Droid X a lot.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
05/03/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Caldrah
I love that we're on par with the iPhone now. The 3D view looks amazing along with the different stances. However it hangs up on the loading about 90% of the time. Always works just fine on WiFi but when i'm just out and about not around WiFi it freezes on my Droid X a lot.

My hope is to have this addressed in the Mobile Armory update for MoP. Our testing results were inconsistent but we did notice several patterns that we're using to pinpoint a fix. Most phones never experienced problems on 3G, but the Droid X and the Nexus One in particular ran into this fairly frequently. We're not entirely certain why, but it wasn't only these devices. I noticed the same problem on devices with AT&T as the carrier, but only Android devices. This definitely means there's a client issue, but it's a client issue related to data slowing down or a temporary connection loss, which, at some point, fails to re-queue the 3D model download.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]