Item Restoration

90 Human Paladin
This is a copy & paste to my original post, it was recommended to post again here in the customer support section and i could possibly get assistance..

This is my first ever post so if something of this topic has been posted I'm sorry in advance.

We had a situation that occurred during a guild raid. Their was a trash drop of the off hand in DS, between raid chat their was actually 2 rolls. The wrong person received the item, I'm sure just like most everyone else having gems in your bag, the item was gemmed. This makes the item soul bound, it was brought up right away, and a ticket submitted. It is not like weeks or days went by and then it was just oh by the way......

I got a chance to speak with a GM.. And was basically told 3 things.. 1) we could help, but were not going to. Assistance of this matter we stopped about 9 months ago. 2) its not our fault the individual got excited and gemmed the item. 3) that if they were to help everyone who was seeking assistance they they wouldn't have time to respond to the thousands of tickets each day.

First off, you have over what 15million players PAYING to play this game so if you don't have enough GM's to fill this demand that is not my issue. I have been playing this game for years, and can count how many tickets i've submitted on 1 hand with fingers left over. To me this disappointing, to be told my request was a reasonable one, that they could help but weren't going to? This to me is truly unacceptable!

Then it was brought up, you can trade for 2 hours, but if you gem an item its soul bound.... During raiding, dungeons, ect.. you get Valor Points, Justice Points, Honor Points ect.. Your valor point items (and others) have gem slots and you can gem the item and return it and get your points back.. This still has to be done with in the 2 hours! Yes you lose your gem, but if their was a mistake made their is an "in game solution" to resolve it.

It is truly disheartening the lack of interest in trying to help, telling me they could but wont. The few times I've had to submit a ticket I've received top notch support & a quick response.. This time it was only quick I'm sad to say. Again in closing the GM told they don't offer this type of assistance any longer, yet it is the sole judgment of the GM if they want to assist or not.

The icing on the cake I'm told... "Were obviously not getting anywhere in this discussion, you should bring this up on the form, the blues are good at making you see things from our perspective and explain the reasons behind our decisions."
Appalling.. that's what this is.. Simply Appalling!!!!
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Policy prevents them from moving the item once it has been gemmed or enchanted. The reason they added the 2 hour trade timer was to make players more responsible.

Sounds like you use master looter in your raids, make sure your master looter is awarding items to the correct person and maybe even tell people to wait to start gemming/enchanting things.
64 Tauren Death Knight
You should be upset with whoever was handling the loot, or the person who gemmed it instead of handing it to the winner, instead of being annoyed at policies which apply to EVERYONE.
90 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Nobully
instead of being annoyed at policies which apply to EVERYONE.

Policies that apply to everyone? They can pick & choose who they do and don't want to assist! I know people IRL who have toons this was done for, was on a different realm this shouldn't make a difference though. Why is it that VP & JP gear you can gem and still return.. again still with in the two hours? If this was days or weeks later then ya i totally understand.
Again i'm not arguing the fact of human error, their was a late roll that was sandwiched between raid chat, why item was incorrectly handed out.
36 Blood Elf Hunter
05/02/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Paydey
First off, you have over what 15million players PAYING to play this game so if you don't have enough GM's to fill this demand that is not my issue. I have been playing this game for years, and can count how many tickets i've submitted on 1 hand with fingers left over. To me this disappointing, to be told my request was a reasonable one, that they could help but weren't going to? This to me is truly unacceptable!

And there are some players who would submit a ticket daily. As a matter of fact, queue times were getting so long because players would "rent gear" for a raid, then submit tickets to have GMs return it.

At that point the developers provided the two hour transfer window that players could do themselves. Now, no one in my raid carries gems with them because there is a guild rule that you do not waste people's time gemming/enchanting drops mid-raid. You came to the raid in the gear equipped so you should be sufficiently geared to complete the raid. As a side benefit, if any mistakes are made they can be corrected within the two hour window without having the item locked to a player.

When that player decided to socket the gems he was given a warning window. It said that would make the item his and it would no longer be tradeable. He accepted that fact.

We all are not going to be saddled with 2 week ticket queues because some players rent gear or aren't careful. THAT would be appalling.

Now, go back to whoever was Master Looter as that person is the one that caused the problem, not Blizzard, and you should be replacing him.
Support Forum Agent
Paydey,

I've asked this be re-reviewed for you, and got an exception granted. Please note, and this is VERY important, this is a ONE TIME exception to our policy and was primarily based on how quickly you submitted the petition to request this.

Now, as to your conversation with our Game Master....

They absolutely told you the right thing, and it is NOT in our policies anymore to be able to offer this as our developers have put in functionality so players have 2 hours to do this themselves.

I believe where the disconnect came in, after reviewing the chat, is the definition of 'can't'.

Can't may mean physically impossible.

Can't can also mean not allowed to do so by the rules.

Once our developers have invested resources into self-help solutions for players, it's not unusual for policy to become one of us backing off on offering assistance for those issues. For well over a year we had a one-time exception transition period, and that was many months ago, before the current policy was put in place.

Please note, it's not an unwillingness on any Game Master's part to assist. Even if they technically have the tools, when policy says no, they must say no as well. Believe me, it would be much easier to say yes :) There isn't a soul here that looks forward to ever telling a player they cannot assist with an issue. Game Masters don't make policy - they must simply follow them.

My very best advice going forward is double-check awards before committing to gems, enchants, etc :) so that 2 hour timer is preserved in case of accident.

I do wish you all the best.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]