SMF PvP.

85 Human Warrior
Right, over heard (read) some parts of a conversation in trade chat, and there's a couple of warriors rated 2.4k+ RBG rating having a discussion about how they've decided not to remain Arms in PvP, but have gone fury (SMF) and ofcourse are using two 1Handed Swords, and are apparently owning?

Not sure if they're just get lucky kills or unless it's actually a valid switch?

Has anyone here tried and tested it? is it a compatible spec/talent choice? Is it any good?

Looking forward to reading some replies, thanks.
-Maev.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Im no expert on stats of who does .8% more damage or anything like that

But I did try SMF and if you dont enrage which was kinda of hard in a pvp setting at least for me you are useless you cant do anything
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Hmm, so you think TG should really be going for mastery? Been doing Fury pvp for awhile now (TG), and always went for crit for more consistent damage; but lately I've been hearing that mastery is superior for TG. Think I'd get more bang for my buck if I swapped some 1h's on for my troubles?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just did a thread like this yesterday but also included pve and with the few responses I got well let's just say they consider it the worst.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
Bumping for knowledge...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I tried SMF pvp for a little while and it was actually pretty nasty. Just by doing randoms with junky gear and weapons I could actually hold my own with many classes 1v1. One thing i found was that if you could stick to a target they were epicly SCREWED on so many levels. While you are less bursty the rage gains are more easily predictable and it is easier to nail a rotation onto someone making it easier for someone just starting out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't really see how Fury could be viable at that rating, even with the access to the T2 weapons it doesn't change the fact that people at that rating should know to just tunnel the Warrior and Tranq/Shiv/Whateverelse any enrage effects off of them to put a stop to their damage.

The only real advantage I could see Fury currently having over Arms is the fact that you can get both Gag Order and Piercing Howl, but you lose quite a bit of control in the fight. I'm not saying I know this is 100% fact and can't really grab myself a rating like that due to being on one terrible !@# server, but at first glance it doesn't seem like it could happen.
Reply Quote
98 Gnome Warrior
as a long-time SMF, I'm curious to see if anyone has more info. Does OP care to share the warrior's name(s)?

EDIT:: Just noticed this is also in a BG environment, so it seems a little more likely, especially with all the added support you can get from 5+ teammates, as opposed to the 2 in arenas.

Still interested, though.
Edited by Groinette on 5/9/2012 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
05/09/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Thirtydeep
Tranq/Shiv/Whateverelse any enrage effects off of them to put a stop to their damage.

Most teams at that rating are DoT Cleaves, so the only person present that could shiv off enrages would be the rogue and they're usually sitting on healers or tanks while the rest of the team spreads their "love" around.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
For RBG and BGs in general, Fury is valid. It always has been. In MoP, it's only going to get better.

It has its pros and cons like anything else but once you learn it and you learn how to guard against your weaknesses and have a good team (like any class), you will do very well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/09/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Schleichend
Tranq/Shiv/Whateverelse any enrage effects off of them to put a stop to their damage.

Most teams at that rating are DoT Cleaves, so the only person present that could shiv off enrages would be the rogue and they're usually sitting on healers or tanks while the rest of the team spreads their "love" around.

That's a very valid point, it just still seems like a stretch that it would be very useful in 3s. I would like to see someone's opinion that actually tried it out though, I always found Fury's playstyle more entertaining. Mostly for aesthetic reasons.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
Here is the spec I use: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Zc01!kdg!PghVVTWaSgd!

Good mobility, good regen, good damage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]