anyone try Tera yet?

Good, that means info about Tera's endgame should be coming out before too long. Just watching players solo BAMs looks about as fun as soloing fire giants in the Firelands dailies =\

I'm pretty burned out on the linear fetch/kill count quest model until at least MoP. And the pvp videos I've seen consist largely of Korean women taking turns in a screaming contest while running around in circles. I just haven't seen anything from Tera that grabs me.

I think watching anything is rarely as exciting as actually doing it, and so using that metric soloing BAMs is actually quite a bit of fun. It feels a bit like Dark Souls to me, and I love that game, so it's a good fit for me when it comes to enjoyment. It's that mix of risk (at level 30+, BAMs can 1 or 2 shot me if I'm not careful) plus the active nature of the fight that just feels right to me.

As for PvP...saw this video a week or so ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBAUx7xR-8

Collision detection and opportunity costs associated with attacks definitely add a different element to PvP, and this game seems VERY much geared toward group PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I think watching anything is rarely as exciting as actually doing it, and so using that metric soloing BAMs is actually quite a bit of fun. It feels a bit like Dark Souls to me, and I love that game, so it's a good fit for me when it comes to enjoyment. It's that mix of risk (at level 30+, BAMs can 1 or 2 shot me if I'm not careful) plus the active nature of the fight that just feels right to me.

As for PvP...saw this video a week or so ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBAUx7xR-8

Collision detection and opportunity costs associated with attacks definitely add a different element to PvP, and this game seems VERY much geared toward group PvP.

No one cares what you think. TERA is garbage and WoW will always be the superior game in the MMO market whether you like it or not.

Roflmao.
Reply Quote

No one cares what you think. TERA is garbage and WoW will always be the superior game in the MMO market whether you like it or not.

Shush, the adults are talking.

Take your drivel somewhere else.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Priest
Shush, the adults are talking.

Take your drivel somewhere else.

I think he's being sardonic.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Played a little myself and the game is good though it needs a few adjustments but all MMOs and just games in general need those at first and even later on.

Its probably just me but for some reason I just cant get immersed in the questing though ,its not a specific thing I can point to it just one of those "Doesnt feel right but I dont know why." type things. I do like the BAMs, although Im afraid that later on they will suffer from "SRDS" (Skyrim Random Dragons Syndrome) were they were awesome at first then slowly lose their grandeur to the point were they are almost more annoying then fun, but this can be solved by cycling in new ones with patch updates perhaps.(Anyone know whether they did this with the original one running overseas?)

Not planing on playing as one but the Elin don't bother me I'd however be reluctant about ever doing any Role-Playing type activities unless I knew the person and was fairly sure he/she wouldn't "go there" if you catch my meaning.
Edited by Bailthon on 5/4/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
I got the game about a day ago, and so far I'm level 19 and enjoying myself very much. I'm playing the sorcerer (i believe) and its got some interesting combat and art style. It reminds me of RIFT with the graphics. The gameplay is good too, but it feels weird starting off. After a while of getting use to the controls I was tearing down monsters like it was nothing.

Hopefully it'll get even better with patches, content additions, and maybe even xpacs.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
I started with a sorcerer and it was ok to begin with but I didn't enjoy it after a while. I switched to a slayer and it's much more enjoyable, I may end up trying zerker as well, just to see if I prefer it or slayer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]