Leaders of Azeroth Series Complete

95 Blood Elf Mage
One thing I noticed when reading about Lor'themar: he said that HE forced them from their home.

"'Five years ago I threw them out of the homes they had fought for every bit as fiercely as anyone in Quel'Thalas today,' he answered. 'How do you think they reacted?'"

This goes against everything I knew up until this point. Almost all sources detailing the High Elves hold that they left on their own accord not wanting to be caught up in Kael'thas' mad scheme.

I don't know if these short stories are cannon or not, but implying that the High Elves were forced to leave because "'we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires'" spits in the face of the notion of division on moral grounds.
Edited by Tabuu on 5/6/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't read all the leader stories, but I have to say I'm mightily disappointed in Sylvanas's.

Everything that has been shown in WC3 and then WoW, none of that depicted her as a delicate little wallflower that would jump on the suicide wagon (or rather, jump off it), or quite so selfish as using her people, in life and unlife, as "arrows in her quiver." Granted, that's not to say she wasn't selfish at all, but her most selfish desire was to have her revenge against the Lich King--which she never even got to do.

Sylvanas Windrunner was always thought of as a strong character, and I feel the short story undermined that somewhat.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Wait, where is the Council of Three Hammers story? I only saw Kurdran's. :P
Edited by Erthad on 5/14/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
One thing I noticed when reading about Lor'themar: he said that HE forced them from their home.

"'Five years ago I threw them out of the homes they had fought for every bit as fiercely as anyone in Quel'Thalas today,' he answered. 'How do you think they reacted?'"

This goes against everything I knew up until this point. Almost all sources detailing the High Elves hold that they left on their own accord not wanting to be caught up in Kael'thas' mad scheme.

I don't know if these short stories are cannon or not, but implying that the High Elves were forced to leave because "'we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires'" spits in the face of the notion of division on moral grounds.

The stories ARE CANNON. Just never uploaded in the chronological order :(
Edited by Lothor on 5/7/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
not quite true, all the leaders EXCEPT Lor'themar Theron have gotten NEW stories to bridge wrath and cata. Lor'themar Theron and the blood elves got a fanfic story recycled into a cannon story, and it bridges the changes from TBC to Wrath.

So, imo, there is one more NEW short story left to write.
Reply Quote
I haven't read all the leader stories, but I have to say I'm mightily disappointed in Sylvanas's.

Everything that has been shown in WC3 and then WoW, none of that depicted her as a delicate little wallflower that would jump on the suicide wagon (or rather, jump off it), or quite so selfish as using her people, in life and unlife, as "arrows in her quiver." Granted, that's not to say she wasn't selfish at all, but her most selfish desire was to have her revenge against the Lich King--which she never even got to do.

Sylvanas Windrunner was always thought of as a strong character, and I feel the short story undermined that somewhat.

Yes, absolutely nothing about having your entire race and family killed and raised as undead, your homeland razed and turned into a Scourged wasteland, and then finally being killed, failing in your task to protect your homeland and raised as an undead slave would fill you with despair. Absolutely nothing about living in a wretched undercity with half rotting insane corpses with no compassion would fill you with despair. And having the one driving motivation of your every plotting move, revenge against the man that took it all from you, being taken away from you certainly would not drive you towards suicide.

Absolutely not.

The things that are said on Story forum normally blow me away, but yours leaves me a special kind of stunned. Kudos.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
interesting how a majority of the people here are foreign to the story forums. I wonder how that is. Hmm.....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
@story writers:

Thanks for the nice work. I've seen the fact that Exodar has been repaired in Velen's story. Does that indicate we get to see Exodar in its revamped glory soon?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
05/07/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Erthad
Wait, where is the Council of Three Hammer's story? I only saw Kurdran's. :P
oh i see what you did there :P
Edited by Vynathlon on 5/13/2012 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
05/20/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Hagden
Actually I was glad they did it from Kurdran's point of view. Because out of the three, he seemed like the odd one out. The one we only knew because of Shadowmoon Valley.
Well we also knew of Falstad through Day of the Dragon, although Blizz thought he was dead so I guess that kind of nullified my point.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/20/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Hagden
Actually I was glad they did it from Kurdran's point of view. Because out of the three, he seemed like the odd one out. The one we only knew because of Shadowmoon Valley.
My point was that Kurdran isn't on the Council, Falstad is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If speculation is correct I think we may be looking at a revisit to Outland after MoP. The hints, and some of the /tinfoilhat stuff point to it. Besides Blizz has said they like doing the continent theme, and unless they severely change Azeroth putting EK/Kalm/NR/Pandaria in one hemisphere Outland is the easiest to add a chunk too.

It would also give Blood Elves and Draenai much needed lore development.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
That's awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Hm..
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Any plans to release more stories, possibly mid-Mists of Pandaria?
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I liked the Sylvanas Story, it gives a lot more depth and lore to her character.

Theron dissapointed me, he has from the beginning. I hope that Blizzard's stellar lack of work as far as the Blood Elves since BC means they are going to reveal something big. Blood Elves are a strong race both in Gameplay, Lore, and Numbers, they need some update after the story people crapped on them so much. It was an interesting story at the time, but it was too sad and it's survived too long.

Gnomes are the Dwarves of the Dwarves, enough said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Recyclying 4 year old fan fiction story for Lor'Themar? That's pretty weak. I enjoyed the story, when I read it 4 years ago. But Blizzard really should have written a new story for him. Copy and pasting a fanfic is just lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/03/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Fandu
As a member of the alliance I thought both sides were equally well done. Of course people will "fanboy" and "fangirl" for the one they like most, but really I liked them all. Well done, and kudos to all the talented writers.

I'm in-game ally all the way!!! however, from a lore point of view i'm a huge fan of the horde (the pre-azeroth horde that is.) yay if you know what that means.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]