A problem with Warrior Tanks as a Healer?

90 Human Priest
Hello. I came to the Warrior Forums today to ask a question about Warrior tanks. When me or my friend [Who is a Holy Paladin.] heal our other friend who is a Warrior Tank, we notice he is a bit harder to heal compare to the other tanks we heal, let them be Druids, Death Knight, Paladins, and sometimes other Warriors. I want to say it is just him, but I can't recall the last time I heal another Warrior tank in a run before, so I don't know if this is just an overall Warrior tank problem or just him.

This is a link to his Warrior.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Xanadgar/simple

So really, I was just wondering if this is just a problem with all Warrior tanks or just him.

[Also, I don't know if I am allow to post a link to another toon or not. I remember something about a rule on this or calling someone out, but I can't remember it at this time.]
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I mean, he is way under CTC cap, completely unenchanted, and has a pretty odd spec.

It's just him.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Are you talking about PVP?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Talking about PvE. I have been looking over his gear and spec a bit, I see some changes that could happen. I did have to look into this thing called CTC which I never heard before so I learn about it.

How could he spec or gem different to fix this problem of his? We are working on getting his other tanking gear as we speak.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alright, we got him all setup and everything now. His CTC right now is about 94% which was a 10%+ increase from where he was. He also says thank you for the macro and he is less squishier from what my friend said from our runs today. The only thing we have to do is replace his Trinket now which will be for Hour of Twilight.

Thank you for all your help.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just refreshed armory, so apologies if he's done this, but get him to enchant his gear! The two sockets are so cheap to do, plus an enchant to his gloves and he's bumped his mastery up by 130!

378 = Decent enchant... best if you know you're holding onto it for some time or it's cheap.
397+ = Best enchants.

His meta gem... It's bad. Either go withEternal Shadowspirit Diamond or the Austere Shadowspirit Diamond. I prefer the former.

Also there's a large disparity between Dodge and Parry. For min/max purposes (avoiding diminishing returns on rating), they should be closer... usually Parry ~1-1.5% higher than dodge. Might means another 0.5% towards CTC, but sometimes you have to penny pinch =]
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
LOL..... That warrior needs ALOT of work. Meta wrong, Reforges, Enchants, shoulder enchant wrong. He might as tank is dps gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
From what i can gather, he is a baby tank not in a bad way. Just that his gear, needs to improve, what type of instances are you guys tanking. Also Cool down management is very important, remind him to pop his CDs.

Attempt to get the warrior t10 and do more LFR for gear.

There are some small things have to work on like replacing his meta, and small enchants. I think over all, if he is more voical with his CD management, he will be fine.

Good luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]