Lets get WoW back to it's roots!

As I've said previously though, we have to be careful about how we do that. We'll hopefully have more information for you all on what we have planned that will assuage some fears of those who aren't very PvP passionate, while (hopefully) still making PvP compelling for those who do love taking part. (Raises her hand) While we have many players who enjoy PvP, we have a larger contingent that enjoys PvE more. That makes maintaining balance between the concepts a bit more challenging, but we love challenges.

Isn't that the reason that pvp and pve servers are separate? Sometimes I feel that the difference is forgotten. Not PvP passionate? Roll on a PvE server, and you can engage in PvP only in times and places of your choosing! I mean, heck this is what we did back in vanilla... which I believe is what the OP is getting at.
90 Human Priest
05/03/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Woo
Again watch the opening Cinematic from the game in 2004, and tell me what you see.

I see great cinema art that was done WAY before the final WoW became available on store shelves. The cinema seems what Blizzard WANTED but couldn't do. PvP has NEVER been the core of WoW.

However I hear art is what you interpret.
05/03/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
It may not necessarily translate to all out chaos in a direct PvP way

Awww, come on.
1 Human Warrior

As far as the story goes, we've talked a bit about that and what's coming is twofold. War is coming to Pandaria, which (while it's had its strife in the past) is largely a peaceful region of Azeroth. That's going to change as the Horde and Alliance start stirring up the dust of the past. Beyond what happens in Pandaria, the Horde and Alliance will be at each others' throats once more. We've mentioned it many times before, but we really do feel that the "war" of Warcraft is going to be featured a bit more prominently in the story. It may not necessarily translate to all out chaos in a direct PvP way, but it will definitely be seen playing out in the storyline itself.

And so Pandaria ("largely a peaceful region of Azeroth"] has to be brought into the never-ending rivalry of Alliance vs Horde... What "dust of the past" exists in Pandaria for these 2 factions? I think the Pandarians ought to be much more wary of both factions and be very reluctant to embrace either.
60 Human Death Knight
Right, that's why you drink soy milk =]

Nice 1500/1300 rating bro. Aren't pvpers supposed to be good at the game? Seems like you are content with mediocrity.

Says the guy posting on a mediocre alt trying to act cool by being a jerk for no reason.
Ya
bring it back.
I thought MMO meant massive multiple online role playing game. not seeing pve in there hmm.
and viewed world warcraft as pvp role playing as opposite factions, different views indeed.

Hmm You're right, I don't see PVE.. but nor do I see PVP, but you went to say it's "viewed" as that, which it is not. Infact, most MMORPG's are PVE with PVP as a sub content. Even Ultima Online. Most content was PVE, but PVPers could get better gear by killing/stealing the loot of a PVE'er.
85 Human Warrior
yep this game turned from world of WAR-CRAFT to world of dragonslayers, great read agree with everything i miss those days :(
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
IDEA!!!!!!

How about bringing back free character transfers so that way dying realms (Like mine) can be Resurrected to the old days when everyone transferred for realm firsts!

AND help even servers, if you don't nobody will pay 25$ to move to a small server but for free they might, and the more people on servers the more chance for world pvp!

Oh and i disagree that majority like PvE more its just that's the only thing blizzard cares about so it's the only thing that is made interesting. If they spent as much time on making PvP as they do PVE then PVP would be the bomb!

I'm on a PVP realm and its boring there is no world pvp, so all we can do is PvE so don't say we want PvE more, it's that we don't get the PvP.
Edited by Happii on 5/3/2012 10:52 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
IDEA!!!!!!

How about bringing back free character transfers so that way dying realms (Like mine) can be Resurrected to the old days when everyone transferred for realm firsts!

AND help even servers, if you don't nobody will pay 25$ to move to a small server but for free they might, and the more people on servers the more chance for world pvp!

Oh and i disagree that majority like PvE more its just that's the only thing blizzard cares about so it's the only thing that is made interesting. If they spent as much time on making PvP as they do PVE then PVP would be the bomb!

I'm on a PVP realm and its boring there is no world pvp, so all we can do is PvE so don't say we want PvE more, it's that we don't get the PvP.

Great idea except this is a business and what business likes giving away freebies. Remember these are the people who are doing pet battles and farming so they can expand their player base.
90 Undead Rogue
I got to 85 not seeing a single pvp encounter.

Game is different today, when we started we didn't even have battle grounds. People just mass zeroed at each other at some zone name of which I already forgot. It was near some small alliance village.

Today there are choices, you can quest, you can instance yourself all the way to 85. What makes the world a bit empty at times is that I don't see a whole lot of folks out there leveling, because entire focus of the game is on the end game. So leveling is more of a task someone does before they get to 85 where the game is. I've been to a few leveling zones and they are dead empty. If a tree falls, none will know about it.
Edited by Kenpo on 5/3/2012 11:01 AM PDT
85 Human Warrior
Screw world PVP.

Bring back Alterac 1.0. But make honor accumulations start at 15 minutes in and collect every minute beyond that on top of your kills, captures, etc. etc.

You can drop and be replaced after 15 minutes if you so want.

I just designed the most popular BG in history.

Arranged PvP is boring, it is not World-PvP, stick to PvE. Every1 hates AV.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
AV was orig the best battleground of all time and i don't think blizz will ever do and they will never get close it how fun that was
Edited by Happii on 5/3/2012 11:01 AM PDT
85 Gnome Death Knight
I do miss those epic battles, back when destroying towers didn't despawn warmasters and you'd have to have a minimum of 4 really decently geared tanks to actually down Drek.
85 Human Warrior
05/03/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Adelaide
yep this game turned from world of WAR-CRAFT to world of dragonslayers, great read agree with everything i miss those days :(

Been killing dragons since vanilla.

Also, why does war exclusively mean PvP?

See WarCraft.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]