Warlock Tanks

90 Human Warlock
Dear Blizzard,

You have gotten almost every single warlock, heck a majority of the community pumped about warlock tanks. You've added soo much to make it possible it seems, so please don't give up on it. Espiecially for those of us Demon warlocks who have dreamed of tanking since we can remember(for me 3 years). Almost all of us Demon Warlocks support you, we believe in you!!! :)
Love,
Sorangar The Demon Lover :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I wouldn't say the majority. Think a good chunk of them are indifferent to it, don't know about it, or even against it. It's just that the ones that do want it are very vocal about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1116433-A-Warlock-tanking-the-forums-for-Warlock-tanking!

THat's a sample size of 362. You can only have one account per person, I doulbt anyone would really go and make fake accounts to vote. That's a large enough sample to say with (not perfect) statistical confidence a majority want tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I know Warlocks are considered the least played class but 362 still sounds a bit low. The idea lock dedicated lock tanking does sound rather fun, but I know Blizzard better than that and I'm not getting my hopes up.

Guess I'm trying to get at: just don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/03/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Tecxero
I know Warlocks are considered the least played class but 362 still sounds a bit low. The idea lock dedicated lock tanking does sound rather fun, but I know Blizzard better than that and I'm not getting my hopes up.

The government and it's media uses sample sizes of 500 ppl and most to create national generalizations.A sample size of 362 is massive. Most statistical tests require just more than five (Chi squared), more than thirty (t test) or that the real size be more than ten times that of the sample (z test, and there are more than 4000 warlocks in the world).

Linear regression tests don't quite apply here, and I hate f test :P
Edited by Baalsamael on 5/5/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard does not read this forum.

This is evidenced by the fact that GC was surprised that was interest in Warlock tanks.

Remember, there has rarely been a time where a topic about warlocks tanking wasn't on the first or second page of this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yes, I'm aware.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Nope. Stop making up things. A HUGE portion of the Warlock community is against sacrificing the Demonology tree in hopes of some pipe dream about tanking.

Warlocks are a pure class and they ought to stay that way. Enough already. The horse is dead.

GO AWAY.

Did you even read my post on statistical conclusions using sample sizes?

A majority do want tanking. NOt a massive majority, but a majority nonetheless.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
None of this changes the fact that we will never tank.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Mestra
None of this changes the fact that we will never tank.

Never is bold and unlikely. THe concept of "pures" is outdated and absurd. We're the only MMO left with a "pure" concept.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

This is evidenced by the fact that GC was surprised that was interest in Warlock tanks.

Remember, there has rarely been a time where a topic about warlocks tanking wasn't on the first or second page of this forum.

Just so you know, i'm pretty sure Blizzard has said this a tousand times but they read EVERY forum listed. They hire people just for this.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warlock
05/05/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Psyops
You have gotten almost every single warlock, heck a majority of the community pumped about warlock tanks.

Nope. Stop making up things. A HUGE portion of the Warlock community is against sacrificing the Demonology tree in hopes of some pipe dream about tanking.

Warlocks are a pure class and they ought to stay that way. Enough already. The horse is dead.

GO AWAY.

because making a 4th spec like druids would be "sacrificing the demonology tree"
we have the toolkit to be tanks, all that needs to happen is some slight balancing and a conversion of a stat to avoidance.

odds are it won't happen until the next expansion, people need to just try to tank as much as they can during MoP and hope that blizzard sees it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If we can gain tanking via a fourth spec that leaves demo dps intact , I would not mind warlock tanks. I fall under the category of someone that does not care as long as it does not affect the spec I love (which is demonology dps). If tanking is added without affecting it, I would be for it. I would personally never tank though (not up to it).

What I am against is implementing lock tanking in a way that would nerf demo dps in any way or get it removed in favor of retooling the spec to be only tanking.
Edited by Zauberei on 5/5/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
57 Human Warlock
Would the people complaining about "losing" demonology please shut up? It's a glyph (or possibly a somewhat redundant 4th spec). You're not losing anything, so even if you're not interested don't try to screw it up for those who do.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Just so you know, i'm pretty sure Blizzard has said this a thousand times but they read EVERY forum listed. They hire people just for this.

and you believe that? BWAHAHAHA! yeah and blizz also said we'd get more green fire, better hold my breath!
i think tanking would be cool for warlock, it would have to be a glyph thing mostly but still.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
stop making this forum
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Baalsamael
The government and it's media uses sample sizes of 500 ppl and most to create national generalizations.A sample size of 362 is massive.

A sample size of 362... that WANTED to respond to the topic is quite a bit different than a sample size of 362 randomly selected participants.

Though, I do think most Locks probably would want a tank spec. I personally don't care either way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A sample size of 362... that WANTED to respond to the topic is quite a bit different than a sample size of 362 randomly selected participants.

Though, I do think most Locks probably would want a tank spec. I personally don't care either way.

I imagine everyone on the lock forums is a lock, and that if there were truly pro or against locktanking, they would voice their opinions.

Those are perfectly reasonable assumptions.

For fun I ran a small test:

H0: The proportion of warlocks that want tanking is NOT the majority, p0 = .5
HA: THe proportion of warlocks that want tanking is a majority, p(hat) > .5

1 proportoin z test, conditions are: sample size times proportion > 10 (129 is greater than 10), and that the size of the sample times one minus the proportion is great than ten (also 129), and that it is a simple random sample, i.e. that it is the warlock community that replied to this forum survey, which is safe to assume as the survey has been there for weeks and only warlocks would go on the warlock forum. There would be no cause of bias I can see as anyone who would be against warlock tanking would also express their opinions.

P value comes out as .000038

At even an alpha level of .001, the evidence is clear that a majority of WARLOCKS want warlock tanking.

Mkay?

I just used statistics at 2 AM for a game.

I hate myself a little more.
Edited by Baalsamael on 5/7/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Koruno
Would the people complaining about "losing" demonology please shut up? It's a glyph (or possibly a somewhat redundant 4th spec). You're not losing anything, so even if you're not interested don't try to screw it up for those who do.

Will it stay a glyph or is the possiblity of losing demo very real? I can't see how they'll be able to work in tanking locks by a mere glyph without doing something like this for the other classes. Yes, i'm one of those "complaining" locks afraid of losing demo. If you wanna tank go lvl up one up. Don't SCREW OUR CLASS up any further by talking about tanks. This poor horse has been beaten to death.

*sorry if i wrote doesn't sound coherent, but its 5 am and i should really be sleeping. will clean this up later*
Edited by Gloninn on 5/7/2012 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]