RET dps

85 Blood Elf Paladin
hello all im wondering what the average dps for ret is and what is classed as ''good'' dps
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
on what boss?, and yes we are good dps class, and much better in MoP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
on raid dummys any boss really

im doing close to 35k dps on raid dummys im just trying to get an average of what our dps should be
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's difficult to tell, since Ret DPS varies alot due to RNG (even more so on fights like Yor'sahj and Madness), and "good" DPS is relative to your gear level and weapon tier.

If you're looking for a patchwerk-esque benchmark, then you should be looking at Ultraxion parses. But even that can vary based on raid comp and the types of buffs available.
Edited by Rucession on 5/4/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
raidbots.com
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
all parses meaning all people good and bad show 27k is the average for 10 man normal 10 man heroic is 33.5k 25 man normal is 29k and 25 man heroic is 38.4k
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy cow! what the crap am I doing wrong then? my dps in raids(25 man siege of wyrmrest) is usually somewhere around 22k. Is my rotation wrong or what?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Joshavia

You're over hit cap and expertise cap. You should be at 8.00% Hit and 16 Expertise with Glyph of Seal of Truth.

If you're gemming anything outside of strength, it's a DPS loss. Unless you're meeting a socket bonus goal of 20 Strength in which you should aim for a half strength, half other stat gem. (I'm also looking at you Enchanted Tear and Nightmare's Tear)

You'll see a tighter rotation once you get 2-piece Retribution as you'll be getting Holy Power off Judgments.

Retribution really capitalizes on burst damage. (Avenging Wrath, Zealotry w/4-piece, Guardian of Ancient Kings) Using a burst trinket such as the Valor Rotting Skull in conjunction with these cooldowns would also see increased DPS.
Edited by Valyk on 5/4/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nightmare Tear.

ಠ_ಠ

Enchanted Tear.

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ret pallys are crap anymore and its my 1st toon/main toon since bc constant nerfs to pve and pvp imo time to roll another class blizz hates ret pallys for some reason good burst dps that drops when cds do and pvp I dont even want to get started on that. Love the class hate whats been done to it over the years.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
ret pallys aren't crap anymore

Fixed. This isn't BC.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/15/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Sectioneight
ret pallys are crap anymore and its my 1st toon/main toon since bc constant nerfs to pve and pvp imo time to roll another class blizz hates ret pallys for some reason good burst dps that drops when cds do and pvp I dont even want to get started on that. Love the class hate whats been done to it over the years.

Can always tell when someone has had it when they forsake ANY attempt at punctuation XD. Not sure what your experience has been recently to make you think this (though I'm sorry, it doesn't sound pleasant, whatever it was) but Ret has actually been very strong this tier, and all reports sound like it may even be better in MoP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]