Account Wide Mounts are a go in Beta MoP.

97 Pandaren Shaman
Wowinsider link: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/mists-of-pandaria-beta-account-wide-mounts-are-a-go/

Text for the link-phobic:

It looks like those waiting for news of account-wide mounts don't have to wait any longer. The latest iteration of the Mists of Pandaria beta has introduced account-wide mounts on all characters. This means that any mount you currently have on your main will be granted to your alts as soon as they reach the appropriate level to obtain them, as well as any achievements associated with the mounts.

I tested this on a level 85 premade monk as well as a freshly copied-over level 81 druid just to see what would and would not copy, and I was pleased to see that the Amani War Bear from the original version of Zul'Aman made the transfer. I was even more delighted to see that the Violet Proto-Drake, granted from the achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been, was also included in the list. Master Riding, required for 310% speed flying, is not granted along with it. Characters who do not have Master Riding will still have to purchase it from a trainer, regardless of the mount being available to ride.

However, as far as I can see, there are no exceptions to the list of mounts as of yet. Obviously this may change as the beta progresses, but for now, players can look forward to enjoying all of those sweet mounts on all of their characters in the beta.

Edit: It appears that mounting the Violet Proto-Drake on my level 81 without the Master Riding ability gave the character Master Riding. Whether this is something that will make it to live or not, we don't know -- but it's certainly something to enjoy on the beta!

Keep in mind that as with all things Beta, there will certainly be restrictions, like for class and faction specific mounts and things - anything might change, really. I, for one, am completely and absolutely excited for this. Now if I can only get Anzu to *@&%#*@) drop... >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Hooray! This is awesome news.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
So all my alts can use the Big Love Rocket~

^-^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
YAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE
Reply Quote
Edit: It appears that mounting the Violet Proto-Drake on my level 81 without the Master Riding ability gave the character Master Riding. Whether this is something that will make it to live or not, we don't know -- but it's certainly something to enjoy on the beta!

Intriguing. I have an issue of having certain BoP mounts on a character that cannot be used since they do not have the proper flying level (artisan) yet. It would be a pity if even though mounts can be used account-wide they are still stuck on characters without the proper skill level.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah. MoP's actually going to make me pretty glad I consolidated my farming/achievement hunting onto one character. I wonder if the red/blue dragonhawks from the mounts achievement will transfer over. That's the only one I'm unsure of.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This really has me considering a third account for the rocket now. (The second was waaaaaaaay back when you only got the zebra.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
05/04/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Dynast
Yeah. MoP's actually going to make me pretty glad I consolidated my farming/achievement hunting onto one character. I wonder if the red/blue dragonhawks from the mounts achievement will transfer over. That's the only one I'm unsure of.

I'm the opposite.

I'm actually rather peeved at this. If I wanted a certain mount on an alt I started farming that mount on my alt. I've done almost everything in this game on a single toon.

I can see how this is good for removed mounts, metas and achievement based things...
But do I really want to be running the same raid on 10 different toons to get a certain mount each week? It's optional - But as a collector it feels almost forced and far too carrot on a stick for my liking.

Edit: They started advertising "Can you collect them all" with the advent of the mount/pets tab on the armory. That's why it feels forced.
Edited by Schwert on 5/4/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm the opposite.

I can see how this is good for removed mounts, metas and achievement based things...
But do I really want to be running the same raid on 10 different toons to get a certain mount each week? It's optional - But as a collector it feels almost forced and far too carrot on a stick for my liking.

As a collector, wouldn't this be a benefit? Wouldn't it be easier for the people who have the desire to collect all the mounts to do so without only being able to farm an instance once per week for the mount that you want?

I'm honestly curious as to your opinion. Do you feel that this makes it too easy? Personally, as much as I think there are some neat mounts, this change still won't be encouraging me to collect mounts.
Edited by Jannit on 5/4/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Hurrah. Now my alts can have a fiery warhorse.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah, I tried this out. Pretty awesome. Now, my non-Engineers can't use the roflcopter, my non-Tailors can't use the flying carpet, but others are go. :D

One thing that I think is a bug, though-- my husband did a premade (or template) 85 Pandaren Monk, Ally-side, but it had Horde mounts available to it. So his Ally Panda is sitting there on the orc racial wolf, and then on a Sunreaver dragonhawk, etcetera.

I think it's just Pandaren, because that same bug didn't happen for my beta toons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I just want the rocket that my shaman has. I want it on every character because it's the only useful mount in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm the opposite.

As a collector, wouldn't this be a benefit? Wouldn't it be easier for the people who have the desire to collect all the mounts to do so without only being able to farm an instance once per week for the mount that you want?

I'm honestly curious as to your opinion. Do you feel that this makes it too easy? Personally, as much as I think there are some neat mounts, this change still won't be encouraging me to collect mounts.

It's a combination between:
-Too Easy
-Unwarranted benefit to those with multiple max level toons
-Advantage to time-sink (Multiple max level toons)

What I'd like to see is non RNG mounts go account bound. Anything removed from the game account bound as well.

If I wanted Experiment 12-B with this system I'd have to have 10 raid geared max level toons going into Dragon Soul each week to "increase" my chances. That's fine and all if I wanted it on an alt - but having to do it to get it across all my characters just seems a tad much considering .7% on a week long lockout.
Reply Quote
97 Pandaren Shaman
If I wanted Experiment 12-B with this system I'd have to have 10 raid geared max level toons going into Dragon Soul each week to "increase" my chances.

This really depends on how badly you want the mount, honestly. If you want the best chances of getting and it's worth the time to you to farm it that intensively, sure, go for it. You don't have to do any of that, though, you could just continue to raid on your one toon and hope for the drop.

Personally, I'm coming from the other angle. I have four or five characters that I play very frequently and a smattering of rare mounts scattered over them. Part of the reason I can't settle on a 'main' for long is because of the neat stuff I have on my other characters.

Take Anzu, for example. Like others, I've been farming for that mount for a long, long, looooong time. Sure, I can increase my chances of getting it to drop by running the instance multiple times on each of my 85's, but if I don't have the time/motivation to do it, I won't. The key part for me that I'm really excited about is that once I FINALLY get Anzu to drop for me, it doesn't matter which character it's on, I'll get it on all of them and I won't have to run that friggin' place a billion more times to get it on any other character. And then I won't have to choose between, "Oh, I want to play my priest, but my shaman has that @*%@& BIRD I farmed for YEARS for." >.>

Edit: I wanted to comment on this, as someone with multiple leve 85 toons:

Unwarranted benefit to those with multiple max level toons

With heirlooms, guild levelling perks and how much they have streamlined questing, it really isn't that time consuming/difficult to get a max level toon anymore. Even without heirlooms and guild perks, it doesn't take that long. Again, it comes down to how much it's worth to the person playing. Is it worth the limited amount of time and effort it would take to level another toon to increase chances of getting a mount to drop?

I don't know, the word 'unwarranted' bugs me, because it implies that people who have multiple 85s are getting some benefit that they don't deserve, or have a benefit that it's impossible, or even very difficult, for others to get. I mean, they took the time and put effort in to levelling multiple toons, just like anyone else can. It's not like someone just handed them a level 85 and said, here, have a free lockout to up your chances of getting a rare drop! Unless they Ebay'd, that is. :P
Edited by Séngo on 5/4/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes, my premade monk is riding around on a Zulian tiger and Nether Ray. I wonder if the mounts you had to grind rep for will retain a rep requirement to use hmm..

As an altaholic I am very pleased with this (and the account wide pets).

I do understand what you mean Schwert, it's also account not server wide so there's that angle too. With 85s on multiple servers there is definitely a temptation to start farming for certain things *like mad*

But I'm very happy for it...I have the removed Brewfest ram and the ZG tiger along with some other rares and TCG mounts across several toons and now all my toons can ride in style :0
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am excited for this announcement, namely because after a LONG time spent farming the White Hawkstrider in Magister's Terrace on THIS character, it dropped on my warlock during a random transmog run. However, it would also appear that as of right now in the beta the class specific mounts are usable by all characters. Example, your rogue can ride your warlock mount. That...I'm not too keen on...but it might also count towards my 100 mount count, so I am conflicted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Not sure how I feel about this and account wide achievements. Sure, they're nice so you don't have to grind everything all over, but I'm planning on being my hunter and am unsure as to how I'll feel looking at his achievements and seeing "Edmuse" next to some.

I might feel like I'm mooching...off of the work I did on another toon.
Reply Quote
I'm excited for this because, after farming lots of rare mounts on my main here, I never really use them, -ever-, because I just use my flying mounts and I have no IC reason for them to ever see the light of day. Now at least I can have other characters use the fun mounts I've hoarded up!
On a similar note, same thing with the pets. I went and did the Children's Week chain three or four times to try and get all the different pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
/cheer

This is just awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Semi-random question.

Will the rewards from achievements also be shared? Or just the achievement itself and no title, mount etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]