Your fav tank?

90 Human Warrior
Hey, I was wonderin what your favorite tank is and why?

I would say a warrior, because if his animation/attacks/spells. I like T-clap and especially Shockwave. When I think of a warrior, im thinking of a guy who has rage issues, doesnt rely on magic(ie pally) and basically does physical damage per say.

THey also have alot of different spells which are pretty cool, and its not like we press 3 buttons while tanking
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Druid
Why because i Fase tank.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladin. I may be a bit biased, though.

DK was awful fun when I played that back in WotLK.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'm gonna go with the M1 Abrams
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
Paladin. I can sparkle, heal myself with WoG or others if I'm not taking damage, sparkle and can put my Hands on people. Did I mention I can sparkle?

The only drawback is I can't be a gnome.

/hairflip
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The only drawback is I sparkle.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Sherman
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
<- I am my own favorite tank, no matter which of the four tanks I'm tanking on.

If I had to rate the classes, I would say:

1.) DK
2.) War
3.) Druid
4.) Paladin

I have hated my former main since the cata beta. War is a lot of fun, but suffers from

ZOMGIHAZ2MANYBUTTENZANDIHAZNOPLAC2PUTZDEM

I love my DK. I loved it in Wotlk, didn't care for it when it started out in cata, but about 4.1, I really found my own with it, and made the main change to it.
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
paladin FTW only pvp tanks that can heal at all times and then hits a button to instantly DPS, seriously when im taking hits my rot is holy wrath,consecration, holy shield,flash hammer flash hammer flash hammer flash shield
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
<- I am my own favorite tank, no matter which of the four tanks I'm tanking on.

If I had to rate the classes, I would say:

1.) DK
2.) War
3.) Druid
4.) Paladin

I have hated my former main since the cata beta. War is a lot of fun, but suffers from

ZOMGIHAZ2MANYBUTTENZANDIHAZNOPLAC2PUTZDEM

I love my DK. I loved it in Wotlk, didn't care for it when it started out in cata, but about 4.1, I really found my own with it, and made the main change to it.

I feel that way about my DK actually. :<

I'd prolly rate them as

Druid
Paladin
Warrior
DK

Though Druid is more fun because OMGMOREDPSISFUNAMG. lol. I like all of them, though I really need to get better on my DK.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My favourite tank at any given time is the one with the most challenging mechanics.

The easier they make tanking, the less I like it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I tried so hard to love holy power. I did. in 4.1 I gave in, and went DK. It was more fun. I felt like I was in control of things.

If only I got to tank more now. The whole hurp durp of 1 tank on most DS fights kicks me to DPS. I only get to tank on H:Chok, Yor (sometimes), and Warmaster anymore, since for H:ultra, we 2 heal it, and make the resto go bear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Paladin and dk vie for top spot with me. It depends on gear level. Early gearing or at-level gearing (so most of an expansion's lifespan) i'd go with paladin (hence why Draco is my main). At the point where you overgear the crap out of everything i swing back to dk (not needing a healer for 5 mans is godly :P).

Then i'd say druid. I enjoy them but my druid was first and fore-most resto when he was created in BC and i can't seem to get past that. I REALLY like a HoT healing style so his bear days always take a back seat. If i didn't have that bias he would probably be higher on the list.

Last would be my warrior, which is a shame since he's the same "age" as my paladin (warrior, rogue and pally were created my first day in May '05). I enjoy him but i can never quite get the rhythm right. I have a harder time keeping adds under control (note: harder doesn't mean "hard"... it just takes more effort to line things up for shockwave and keep everything in range for that first t-clap than it does to spam an aoe move) and the lack of any real self-healing while tanking hurts. All that said, I'll be the first to admit a good chunk of my problems is lack of practice... i haven't really put much work into my warrior in the last couple expansions (in cata i could probably count the number of dungeons he's tanked on both hands).

And now i want to go gear my warrior and get some practice in... just because i haven't yet...

And now i have a project to kill a week or three in WoW...

Thanks OP!!! :P
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Warrior was.

DKs been growing on me, but mostly because DS is designed to keep them overpowered after sucking for most the expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Dk for the overpoweredness
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Warriors are a lot of fun in 5 mans, but DK's take the cake for raiding in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nothing is more fun than being a giant bear via Kiril, Fury of Beasts.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Paladin, They've got decent survivability, a lot of utilities and their cooldowns are numerous, making them more flexible.

Warriors are fun, but they're too weak right now to be enjoyable.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Hunter
For me it comes down to class defining spells and I love AS. As a result I'd say heroic 5-mans I like paladins. Its so easy to gather groups with.

Boss tanking I love DS as a class defining spell, so DKs. I feel more useful keeping myself up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]