Take out the premade from random

85 Human Paladin
05/09/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Puretide
Is there a problem with playing to win? Is it suddenly a sin to queue with friends to dominate bad players? Suddenly bad players seem to think they can turn to PvP to make it easier. No thank you.

so you come into a random with your rated grp to own the noobs . . .

. . . nice . . .

imma thinkin it may actually be a sin. i don't know, but doesn't sound like the highest ideals

whatever turns your crank, dude
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Faenya
So what I gather from some of the "too many idiots" excuses who also oppose premade vs. premade is that they can't stand playing with idiots, but have no issue playing against them. Did I get it right?
First of all it isn't an "excuse" it's a valid reason to do premades. Secondly it has been explained countless times that randoms =/= RBGs so please do not bring that into the conversation (I for one do arenas for most of my points, as it's easier to find partners & faster points).

Analogy: You are organizing a pick-up basketball game. You are a pretty good player & you know that at least half of the players you could choose randomly to join your team are really bad. However you have some friends from high school that were starters on a winning team, so you know that they are pretty good too.

Furthermore you have a limited time to play & the team that wins gets $100. The opposing team might be all bad or might have some ringers on it... you won't know until the game starts. So do you want to risk losing all of the games with the randoms or improve your chances of winning by selecting your friends?

That's not even remotely close to what I said. I couldn't care less about RBG. That's something you came up with all on your own.

My point is that you are incessantly crying about "idiots" so you premade. Good enough. Makes sense. But you don't seem to have any problem facing "idiots" while in your premade. How long is it fun to have landslide wins because the "idiot" factor was only changed on one side? Sure, premades sometimes lose and sometimes they face another premade or a really strong PuG, but more often than not, your premade is rolling the other side (I'm talking 5 man premades in 10 man battlegrounds).

Premade vs. Premade sounds a lot more fun, imo.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
05/09/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Jadei
My point is that you are incessantly crying about "idiots" so you premade. Good enough. Makes sense. But you don't seem to have any problem facing "idiots" while in your premade. How long is it fun to have landslide wins because the "idiot" factor was only changed on one side?

I'd rather have a challenging win than an easy one - just more fun that way. I don't really mind an easy win, just like I don't mind a loss in a close game that was played well.

The point is, you control the factors you can in order to not go crazy doing randoms, and the other team is not one of those factors you can control. The system already attempts to match premades against each other, it just doesn't always work out that way because the speed of the queue is prioritized.

Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer if I was in a group of 4-5, but going with a group of 2-3 is really more of a mental health issue and doesn't guarantee a win against PuGs. I'd rather have the fast queue times.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I'd rather have a challenging win than an easy one - just more fun that way. I don't really mind an easy win, just like I don't mind a loss in a close game that was played well.

The point is, you control the factors you can in order to not go crazy doing randoms, and the other team is not one of those factors you can control. The system already attempts to match premades against each other, it just doesn't always work out that way because the speed of the queue is prioritized.
Jadei see Xenshi's post... it basically answered your questions. Also I complain about "idiots" because I have short windows of opportunity during the week to play & when people play that badly and/or don't even try to win they are wasting my time & the time of everyone else trying to win.
Edited by Faenya on 5/10/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I see premade vs premade at least 1/3 of the time, so I disagree with the assumption.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

If it's true they can improve it. Can you prove what you say?

Where did you got your information about the premade that are suppose to be match against other premade?

Usually I notice more premade against total random non premade group.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/10/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Faenya
I see premade vs premade at least 1/3 of the time, so I disagree with the assumption.

It's easy to throw number from no where. I wish a blue or a credible text write by blizz was given to confirm that.
Edited by Nagorg on 5/10/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
this threads still going?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/09/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Oaklander
You need to relax a bit...anger management courses might help.

but only arms warriors like yourself get anger management :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
05/10/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Bebbit
Usually I notice more premade against total random non premade group.

It's easy to throw number from no where. I wish a blue or a credible text write by blizz was given to confirm that.

Make up your mind.
lol was thinking the same thing. As for "throwing numbers from nowhere" I am "throwing" them from my own experiences. Anecdotal yes, lying no.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/10/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Faenya

I agree with Faenya. I see premades far more frequently when queuing as a premade myself.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
05/10/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Xexyz

I agree with Faenya. I see premades far more frequently when queuing as a premade myself.

I have had the same experience.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
05/10/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Nagorg
Where did you got your information about the premade that are suppose to be match against other premade?

I hate to double post, but read old patch notes. It should be in there somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate to double post, but read old patch notes. It should be in there somewhere.

No, no, he wants us to waste our day digging through old forums posts to satisfy his own curiosity.

Don't be silly, he's not going to actively search himself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]