Deth'Tilac and taming in general

85 Troll Hunter
I tried kiting her to the NPCs. The problem I observed is she kept breaking the tame because she was being distracted by the NPCs. She ended up dying before I could move her away.

I recommend just kiting her around her spawn area and using your pet as a sacrifice. It shouldn't be hard. Traps work very well at slowing her.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nice job being pathetic %@!#-weed. @the obvious troll

Attempted the method suggested and screwed up. I got too many minor mobs from Lava Bursters and chard combatants to spiders on top of me while I kited her back. Ended up getting her down to 20% and trying to tame till someone came through the portal and started aggroing and killing her. Needless to say I raged at the bastard a good 10mins afterwards on several toons but still. The tactic seems solid so thank you for the tip.
Edited by Katsuikimono on 5/5/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
05/05/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Katsuikimono

I love how you ignore those who do help you by responding with so much anger and rage!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
easiest way is to let the npcs help you until 40 percent and then distracting shot her back behind the structure, just kite her back and 4th at that point, keep concs on cd and keep your ice trap down too. Ds is key to pulling her away from npc's though. thats what i did.
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Hunter

.....nice glove enchant....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

Attempted the method suggested and screwed up. I got too many minor mobs from Lava Bursters and chard combatants to spiders on top of me while I kited her back. Ended up getting her down to 20% and trying to tame till someone came through the portal and started aggroing and killing her. Needless to say I raged at the bastard a good 10mins afterwards on several toons but still. The tactic seems solid so thank you for the tip.

No problem. Like I said... it works. I also had a problem with the fire dogs knocking me back, but I feigned them off and was able to pick Deth back up. I pulled her past where the most guards/invaders were when I was ready to tame. I also did this at about 3 am so I was pretty much alone in the zone.
Reply Quote

.....nice glove enchant....

I personally liked the staff enchant and agility/mastery gems. And their Survival spec.

Needless to say I raged at the bastard a good 10mins afterwards on several toons but still. The tactic seems solid so thank you for the tip.

When you act like this, you only encourage the behavior. Raging at the person who killed the spider (who may well have thought they were helping you) only encourages trolls like Sara to continue to kill rare spawns. Next time be an adult and accept what happened with grace.
Edited by Sneakys on 5/5/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
The method I used was to MD Deth to my pet, let him kill my pet, toss out a frost trap with entrapment which allowed me enough time to rez my pet and then repeated. Deth will also attack snakes from our trap if you place it properly which will quickly force him to burn through his health. Once Deth reached sub-%30 I rezzed my pet one more time, abandonded it, got distance and position for the tame, popped deterrence in case he made it to me before the tame was finished and collected my pet.

I never had to leave the area and simply used concussive, entrapment procs and MDs to kite him around. He has a large melee range so I would use the time he was killing my pet to safely make it past and switch directions.

Took me about 5 mins in total.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The main issue I have personally with Deth is that the aggro is wonky. A girl spent a long time kiting it with some help from yours truly. So a human hunter waltzed up and tamed it as Deth got to low health. :|
Reply Quote
I tamed him my first time without any help. Just required ice traps, concussive shot, disengage.

Being Marksman helps, simply for the boost to run speed after disengaging.

However, my second time (2 hunters), I simply paid a druid to root him for me, as I wasn't going to do it again the hard way with the lag I have.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a note, I'm not ignoring those that are helping me, and in fact have made mention to them in every post sans the first. I just loath trolls and won't tolerate them. Also, I'm an enchanter who isn't with all my best in slot items yet, so I use my own gear as enchanting fodder. Nice try at picking apart my character and calling me bad though.

The icy trap and snakes method is working but as I noted in my first post, it simply doesn't allow enough time for my rez since I'm not haste maxed. I'm attempting to do this without being specially geared for the situation as I had to do with Kirix. So far I've gotten closest with the NPC idea and will attempt it again as soon as I see her up. I'll try kiting clear back towards the portal, away from the bulk of the NPCs and do it during a dead time. At this point, I feel it would be an accomplishment even without doing it the "proper" way.

This will be my last post in this thread because I think I have all the information I can gather about it and it's just up to doing it at this point. To those that legitimately offered aid, thank you. To the trolls that felt the need to spread their brand of filth, piss off.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Just tamed Deth'tilac.

I used a spider from nearby for my throwaway pet. I just kept dots on her, concussion shot, and kited through traps. The important thing to take note of is move through her as soon as you see her begin casting deth strike. When you see that and you cut through, do a quick disengage and you should be out of range of her deth strike.

Set yourself up for success. Concuss her and make sure she's going to eat a full trap before you start rezzing the pet. Don't put yourself in a bad situation. You've got time.

It took me a few tries to get the timing right, but on the tame attempt it was a thing of beauty. Most fun I've had taming anything.

PS: Solix was really easy. Just concuss and keep a trap down. Took very little time to get her energy pool down.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
I've tamed twice, and helped numerous folks with em..

What I found to be easiest(if solo) is to..

Tame Trash Spider(Take web off auto). Place traps, pull with concussive over your trap, send pet in past the trap radius, MD to your pet. Right before Deth finishes casting Death Strike, use Web. Immediately hit with Concussive and start rezzing. It'll have to go over your trap again, which should give more than plenty of time to get your pet back up. Run around kiting with concussive/traps until Web is back up..and just repeat. Use Web right before the cast for Strike finishes..that snare helps quite a bit.

To make it even easier, get trash spider, spec Entrapment in SV. Toss trap(Frost and Snake slightly staggered), send pet in. Right before Strike finishes hit Web, Line yourself with the traps directly between you and Deth. It should hit the traps individually, giving you 2x entrapment plus the Web Snare before hand. If you cant get a Pet Rez off in that time..then..shrug.

Or like others said..get a druid friend? Or a hunter friend with it? Or a DK friend to spam Chains of Ice...or..just get a friend period?
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Hunter
05/05/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Katsuikimono
Nice try at picking apart my character and calling me bad though.

because you are? I'm pretty sure there's an obvious reason why you couldn'T handle Deth'tilac on your own...
Edited by Sorbu on 5/6/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]