Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

90 Troll Priest
About damn time Anduin gets some decent face-time.

I like where this is going.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Posted by Zarhym
The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

I pray this means that thrall will not be warcheif. Oh freaking please let this mean that.

I think it translates out to someone at Blizzard realizing the whole Thrall bit in Cataclysm was overdone.
And then someone having to tell Metzen it was time to write his personal avatar out of the main story.
85 Worgen Rogue
Anduin's lame anyways, I'd rather see Blizzard make Night Elves not suck. But they need their favorite red shirts as always to tell a story, so I guess might as well have Anduin do something.
90 Orc Warlock
05/04/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Meadows
Thrall didn't even ask Cairne or Saurfang because Thrall felt the Horde wanted a younger leader.

It was said specifically in the book via Thrall's own thoughts where he flat-out said to himself that his replacement HAS to be an Orc.

I remember it to this day as I said "Gahhhh!?" when I read that...

The age thing sticks out in my mind more than the orc thing. But then I might be a racist orc. Who knows?

Regardless, it still doesn't negate my overall point that Saurfang the Younger would have been his first choice and that the roots for Varok Saurfang to take control of the Horde from Garrosh were laid early in Wrath.
86 Human Warlock
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

YES!!!

Best news ever. REALLY hoping for Vol'jin or Saurfang. Or Rexxar! But mostly Vol'jin.

I might play Horde again one day! But just a little.

Now I feel dirty.

*ahem*

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

So should I just disregard all future press tours since there's a good chance that they won't be accurate as well?
25 Blood Elf Paladin
It's disappointing how many people got thrown off from how Anduin, the future King of Stormwind, is neutral and wuvs the Horde a huggy buggy bunch by an extremely vague allusion to the future Warchief.
Edited by Vyrin on 5/4/2012 4:48 PM PDT
15 Draenei Hunter
For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

Submitter Michael snapped this shot of the Prince of Stormwind hanging out in Pandaria, where he's apparently decided to learn the ways of the locals and become a neutral quest giver. His dad must just hate that he's talking to Hordies.

It's not really enough information to argue this point in the original post:

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

Perhaps not Zarhym but you're asking for good faith and understanding from a faction that you (the company) have done nothing to earn that good faith and understanding.

It always amazes me how they can come here and act as though they have no idea why the alliance is so ticked off.
1 Gnome Warrior
Can you guys make it so Malfurion actually attacks hordies in Darnassus? I mean his wife is getting slaughtered and he just stands there like "Hey guys neutral power!" it doesn't work.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Durant

YES!!!

Best news ever. REALLY hoping for Vol'jin or Saurfang. Or Rexxar! But mostly Vol'jin.

I might play Horde again one day! But just a little.

Now I feel dirty.

*ahem*

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

I like your enthusiasm :3. Sadly, i highly doubt Rexxar would become warchief, it really isnt his style.
15 Draenei Hunter
05/04/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Bus
Can you guys make it so Malfurion actually attacks hordies in Darnassus? I mean his wife is getting slaughtered and he just stands there like "Hey guys neutral power!" it doesn't work.

I know. I mean wouldn't divorce papers to her send a better message.
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard took to heart all the hate neutral characters get for being neutral and said "You know what we need? Some more neutral characters."

It's like, why do we even have two factions if Blizzard are determined to force the Alliance to fight with the Horde against the big bad du jour and make any relevant characters to that plot neutral no matter how contrived the reasoning might be every single time.
41 Gnome Priest
05/04/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Borota

I know. I mean wouldn't divorce papers to her send a better message.

Maybe this is setting up for a divorce so she can get with Illidan later on. And then Malfurion can die and everyone would live happily ever after *crosses fingers*
15 Draenei Hunter
Alliance players complain that a previously important Horde figure, Thrall, is given a prime spotlight as a neutral character.

Alliance player complains that an important Alliance figure, Anduin, is suspected to be elevated to a neutral status for potentially the same purposes.

I'd be laughing harder if this didn't involve a dead horse.

You know what, Horde have "For the Horde!" we should just give Alliance "We'll keep complaining!"

Easy to be enthusiastic when you're given everything isn't it. You're given steaks and when the alliance asks for a crust of bread to eat you want to accuse them of whining and complaining. You got some nerve.
Edited by Borota on 5/4/2012 4:54 PM PDT
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
We're going to need a leader once the alliance and horde unite to fight off the burning legion in the expansion after next so I'm guessing this is prepping Anduin to stand alongside Thrall to be said leaders.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
For all the people saying that "Anduin is just like Thrall!" get back to me when there's a zone dedicated to Anduin massacring a Horde army and a questline where he talks about how much he hates the Horde while Tess Greymane stands in the sidelines yelling about how just his anger is.

Until then, no. They're completely different, and it just seems to fit the double standard of neutral-Alliance characters being true neutral while neutral-Horde characters are fake-neutral.

We're going to need a leader once the alliance and horde unite to fight off the burning legion in the expansion after next so I'm guessing this is prepping Anduin to stand alongside Thrall to be said leaders.

Why would we want Anduin instead of Varian? Varian is way cooler and has been shown willing to work with the Horde in the past. The difference here is that Varian isn't willing to compromise the integrity of his faction and his people while Anduin is.
Edited by Vyrin on 5/4/2012 4:56 PM PDT
1 Gnome Warrior
It just bugs me that we have this demi-god super hero named Malfurion on the Alliance and Blizz has to cater to their horde players and make our lore hero neutral. On the topic of Darnassus where the heck is Tyrande's tiger? She has an owl now?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]