Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

90 Night Elf Rogue
05/04/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Enekie
Read beta reports. Anduin is captured in the Jade forest. Horde-only content.

As a beta tester yes this is true I have played horde and alliance and alliance are trying to find him.

05/04/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Enekie
Siege of Orgrimmar is a civil war, yes. Between Horde. Horde content.

From blues statment the actual siege is going to be a raid for both sides.
85 Human Death Knight
05/04/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Katarn
Kinda wish we could bring Anduin up on war crimes.

Implying he'll ever be regarded as anything but the saving grace of those awful Alliance.
90 Undead Warrior

the events are all tailored to make YOU

a Horde player

feel special.

Of course you think it's going to be good.

No it's not

Like i dont have an alliance on a different account somewhere.

nope.

and nope.
90 Orc Hunter
05/04/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Yuë
You mean sort of exactly what he did in Warcraft III? You know, when he suggested that the orcs could be valuable allies against the Scourge, despite the fact that they killed Cenarius before he was awakened?

One thing is to forget past actions to cooperate, the other is to turn your back to what is happening NOW and greet that Orc that just burned half of Ashenvalle and killed piles of Nelves to help Hyjal.

What was happening was the Firelord was getting ready to invade and burn down the world tree. I'd certainly use a enemy as an ally to combat a bigger threat until it had passed. Sometimes surviving means doing things you may not prefer to do.
90 Undead Warrior

What was happening was the Firelord was getting ready to invade and burn down the world tree. I'd certainly use a enemy as an ally to combat a bigger threat until it had passed. Sometimes surviving means doing things you may not prefer to do.

How come the Horde's never had to do that, then?

Thousand needles and Hyjal say hi.
85 Human Warlock

Didn't they? I'm certain that horde and alliance were accessible to firelands and lorewise, Horde did Firelands while Alliance took down Deathwing, as told in the walrock book in beta.
85 Human Paladin
Alliance are being pushed as the guys that are just out to save the world.

But what's the point of saving the world if our faction gets wiped out? Why do I care about saving the world so that the Horde can enjoy a nice peaceful world to themselves?
26 Worgen Rogue
if someone came into your back yard and started chopping down your trees, and you come out your back door with a shotgun....you might be a redneck

There. Fixt that for you. Interesting, now we have Ally players comparing a night elf demi god to a redneck, hmm...
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Alliance are being pushed as the guys that are just out to save the world.

But what's the point of saving the world if our faction gets wiped out? Why do I care about saving the world so that the Horde can enjoy a nice peaceful world to themselves?

If we're the faction that gets to save the world then why don't we get to save the world? Why is it always a neutral who does it?
90 Undead Warrior

Thousand needles and Hyjal say hi.

What, exactly, did you lose?

Eh? Thought it was was about working together so no one loses anything. Oh wait you only about the tally marks.
26 Worgen Rogue
how in hell does Anduin become a paladin when he's a priest?

paid class change? or did he reroll himself?

Same way Arthas changed from being a Paladin to being a Death Knight??

Story characters aren't bound by the same restrictions as players.
90 Undead Warrior

Eh? Thought it was was about working together so no one loses anything. Oh wait you only about the tally marks.

Exactly. Why is it that we have to work together and lose things while you get to work together so you don't lose things?

Self Incompetence
90 Goblin Rogue
05/04/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Enekie
"But don't you Alliance players see?! Sure, we get more content. Sure, we get a better experience than you. Sure, the game is tailored for our enjoyment. But not all of it's good!"

See, you're no longer backing up what you say at all, so there's nothing to say to you.

I am currently leveling an Alliance character for the first time post-Cata to see what the fuss is all about. I have leveled one through pretty much all zones save Wetlands, Arathi and a heavily neutral Kalimdor zone here and there. I did Southern Barrens, both sides. I did WPL, both sides. I did Ashenvale, both sides.

As Alliance, I broke the siege on Maestra's Post. I saved Astranaar from a Horde aerial strike. I turned into a ghost panther and wiped out a small Horde army. I raided Stonard with orders not to burn and pillage, as it wasn't the Alliance way. I wiped out a Forsaken invasion force in Gilneas, then wiped out the orcish invasion force that came to assist. I blew up a goblin mining operation, killing everyone involved there. I was questing in territory that was formally solidly Horde!

That's just off the top of my head. To say the Alliance has no victories and no content or passion put into them is completely ridiculous. If you call bias and then ignore absolutely everything that questions your belief on the subject, you yourself are biased. I totally acknowledge that draenei, worgen and Alliance plot wasn't handled well - and neither was the Horde's. Or the plot in general, really. But I put my thoughts on that in a different thread, here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4837253765#1

It's a wall of words so I won't throw that in here. :p
90 Goblin Rogue
05/04/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Enekie

Brann Bronzebeard. Three times.

...And Anduin Wrynn in MoP, according to this very thread. :P
90 Undead Warrior

Self Incompetence

So, the Alliance NPCs were intentionally written as incompetent by the developers?

Does a pope **** in the woods? Are you going pull out bland and obvious questions all night? (You aren't funny btw or cute)

/sigh I have to go. Training tomorrow and I need rest. Besides there are better things to do than talk to cynical college students all night. (so full of themselves) An I'm called the pessimist.
Edited by Caliverne on 5/4/2012 8:15 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]