Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

100 Night Elf Rogue
05/04/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Zagden
To say the Alliance has no victories and no content or passion put into them is completely ridiculous.

Actually this is kinda what I am getting at here

05/04/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Timat
So Thrall goes Neutal its Horde favoristism, but when Anduin goes neutral it still Horde favoritism? Uhh?

I dont agree that Anduin is really going neutral by giving one quest but....well...Anduin does not have love for the alliance like Thrall does for the horde.

In fact...tbh....is there any high profile in game char other than Varian that has the kind of love for the alliance that Thrall does for the horde.

Tyrande doesnt talk much...or...at all really so I dont get the sense that she is all "fist pumping" alliance. Seems like she is just along for the ride.

The gnomes.....well.....ha

Genn and the Worgen are too new in game to really get the sense if they have pride for the alliance the same way Varian does...in fact Genn has severed his alliance with Varian before no?

Valen is in the same boat as Tyrande...just seems to go with the flow not really all that patriotic so to speak.

The Dwarf Council seems too preoccupied with their own issues atm to really even care about anything else.

Anduin has been talked about already.

Who else is there that I could be missing?

Again I am focused on chars represented in the game.

Bolvar once held that kind of "Champion of the Alliance" vibe but he is the LK now and towards the end of wrath he seemed more focued on dealing with Arthas than the horde so he kinda lost some of that feeling he had.

Malfurion again is too recent, and hes doing stuff with his druid friends not excatly caring about the horde.

Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang, Vol'Jin, Baine they all at least looked and felt like they really wanted the horde to grow and prosper. Constantly interacting with eachother and trying to progess.

The alliance on the other hand just seems kinda.....loose knitted.
100 Undead Warrior

Does a pope **** in the woods? Are you going pull out bland and obvious questions all night? (You aren't funny btw or cute)

/sigh I have to go. Training tomorrow and I need rest. Besides there are better things to do than talk to cynical college students all night. (so full of themselves)

So, admitting that the Alliance NPCs are written as incompetent dolts that are made to suffer while the Horde are portrayed as noble warriors who prosper...

...and you don't see this as faction favoritism?

Horde has it VERY fair share of it, Oh you wouldn't know that would you? Since you only play blue.

IRONY IN YOUR FACE!
100 Undead Warrior

Horde has it VERY fair share of it, Oh you wouldn't know that would you? Since you only play blue.

IRONY IN YOUR FACE!

But you don't have any examples?

overlord Kromgar, the general that caused the broken front, F****ing KOLTIRA (kill him for me plz), Orc commander in Southern Barrens, the screw up at south shore (didn't mean to do that much damage, wanted to use it as a base), manipulated by demons in ashenvale, wrathgate (should keep a closer eye on followers)
Edited by Caliverne on 5/4/2012 8:25 PM PDT
90 Goblin Rogue
I'll quickly point out that though the Horde destroys the siege on Splintertree Post, that isn't visually phased either - so your Maestra's Post point is moot. Please stop using it. :P

It's true that a tally-mark war isn't what we're interested in and the Alliance do have some victories. But if you compare the siege of Ashenvale to, say, the Forsaken campaign on Gilneas, you see a distinct difference in the quality of the content.

That's just the thing - I don't. When I fight the Horde in Alliance quests, I feel like the hero. When I fight the Alliance in Horde quests, I feel guilty. While many battlegrounds can be considered neutral, in Battle for Gilneas I feel like I'm rooting for the other team, because I am invading someone else's homeland to take it from them in the name of pure conquest.

It's all very subjective. I am in fact more interested in Alliance because I feel the direction the Horde has gone makes it quite different from the Horde I signed up for back in 2004. I feel like the aggressor. The villain. It sounds like if you were in my position, and the Alliance for instance razed Stonard to the ground and put women and children to the sword, you'd be happy. I wouldn't.

I've spoken to a lot of people on the Horde who feel similarly in-game. They just think the razing of Theramore is lame, and the Alliance get the better deal. They're welcome to that opinion, as you're welcome to yours. The problem comes in if Blizzard is being lazy with one faction over the other, and I'm just not seeing that in Cata. I'm seeing a story that's too ambitious for the timeframe it was given to complete, so a crap ton of content was cut and the focus was narrowed to a handful of characters out of necessity.
This was inevitable and you know it.
100 Undead Warrior

Kromgar, the general from the broken front, F****ing KOLTIRA (kill him for me plz), Orc commander in Southern Barrens, the screw up at south shore, manipulated by demons in ashenvale, wrathgate (should keep a closer eye on followers)

Koltira, since he wins.

Edited it. An no he didn't Sylvanas had to step in undercover and take the win. oh you didn't know that now did you?
90 Orc Hunter

Self Incompetence

So, the Alliance NPCs were intentionally written as incompetent by the developers?

Not many are seriously interested in writing you well thought out posts with a lot of detail. If I recall correctly, you have made appearences in several similar threads beating the same dead horse. Why waste the time arguing with a brick wall?
100 Undead Warrior

Not many are seriously interested in writing you well thought out posts with a lot of detail. If I recall correctly, you have made *appearances* in several similar threads beating the same dead horse. Why waste the time arguing with a brick wall?

Because I'm right.

No, you are arrogant.
75 Orc Death Knight

Not many are seriously interested in writing you well thought out posts with a lot of detail. If I recall correctly, you have made appearences in several similar threads beating the same dead horse. Why waste the time arguing with a brick wall?

Because I'm right.
Obsessed would be a little more accurate imo.
90 Human Rogue
05/04/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Sharkon
The difference is that the Alliance did not enjoy it.

And what makes you think Horde players enjoy having to suck up to Alliance heroes all the time?

You realize this expansion is basically dedicated to thrall right?
90 Goblin Rogue
05/04/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Enekie
I'll agree to a lot of your points (and indeed, I think the Horde has become a little too cartoonish for words), but how do we get the better deal on Theramore? It's Horde-only content.

It's...not Horde-only. They've only datamined half of the event. The Alliance's MoP event hasn't been released yet, probably because they're making absolutely sure the forums won't go into an uproar over it. :p
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]