Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

85 Human Warlock
Alliance player reaction to Thrall being Warchief again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Metzen's reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djtl9Kv64c8

Which Alliance player reacted like that?

Many since I spend my time in the Story Forums and even this thread.
Edited by Syturus on 5/4/2012 10:04 PM PDT
((This is my only post in thread.))

(Spoiler warning.)

I've done the quests in beta in the zone that the OP linked a picture of and don't see him 'neutral' as some are claiming. He has different lines for horde and alliance players when first encountering him in the zone before quests (horde players are told if they have honor they'll take their fight elsewhere as the pandaren are neutral while Alliance players are asked if they can still consider themselves alliance without helping the locals with their plight. Frankly, who would want the Sha to escape Pandaria and cause havoc elsewhere on Pandaria?).

Concerning the first zone players enter on Pandaria, that zone isn't quite finished and it's not known how Anduin escapes. A solder of the horde could free him or he could get away on his own and sustain an injury that loses his memory of his time with the opposite faction. It probably won't be revealed until the cutscene is available.

It seems to me some are forgetting Anduin is a child (teenager isn't an adult) and a healer; not a warrior like his father. I don't even think he can pick up a two handed weapon if I recall. For those wanting Anduin to rage against the horde like his father, put yourselves in his boots and consider; Being a healer, would it be wise to insult veteran horde soldiers and expect not to get hurt or possibly killed? Of course not; he's just playing it safe by being nice.

Currently there isn't any evidence that Anduin or any Alliance member in Pandaria knows about Theramore's destruction in beta. If this changes or he does find out, I'm certain he wouldn't be happy about it like some are suggesting.

Also, if he was 'neutral', wouldn't he be friendly to horde in every zone he is located in? In the other Pandaria zones Anduin is located in, he is hostile to horde. I wouldn't call him neutral in this case.

The TL:DR, don't complain about Anduin possible 'neutrality' until all zones are released on beta.

((Edit: It seems firefox won't let me put more space between the spoiler warning and post like I intended..))
Edited by Carana on 5/5/2012 12:49 AM PDT
100 Troll Shaman
Spoilers

Jade Forest: Anduin is captured by the Horde. He is held prisoner. At some point he escapes(not shown, when I played through). He is found by the Alliance, but goes off on his own quest. (end cinematic not seen)

Krasarang Wilds: Anduin was with the Pandaren at the Temple of the Red Crane. He is a quest giver for the Temple cleansing questline. He helps free the Red Crane and followers from the Sha. He travels with the player (Horde and Alliance) to do this.

Freeing a mutual ally for one quest chain doesn't make Anduin neutral to me. He (and Urk!)made saving the Pandaren (and Red Crane) priority #1 instead of each other.

Horde side, I run off to help the Sunwalkers and to fight Mantid. I'm not sure what happens on Alliance. From the quest tones I got the impression that Anduin is on a mission/quest and that we'd probably run into him again later. As a note, the Sunwalkers and Night Elves are in the area due to visions. Mystical stuffs seems to be happening...
Edited by Urknyn on 5/4/2012 10:20 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest
Thrall gives quests and Alliance complain THEY are forced to work for Horde.

Audin gives quests and Alliance complain HE is forced to work for Horde.
90 Human Mage
05/04/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Tsuliena
Cos the single biggest Horde hero totally didn't go neutral for the sake of an entire expansion's story or anything.

Let's not forget Vol'jin and the whole Zandalari thing, either.

Damn it you took my thought.

This is actually why I would rather see Vol'jin get the killing blow on Garrosh...exactly as he said he would.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Well, this is interesting.

Chris Metzen was just asked on his twitter account about Zarhym's forum post and Metzen responded:

"Thrall will always be there for the Horde......"

So, what's going on here? Did the press tour give out the accurate ending to Mists or not? I mean, it's the press tour after all ...
85 Human Warlock

Chris Metzen was just asked on his twitter account about Zarhym's forum post and Metzen responded:

So, what's going on here? Did the press tour give out the accurate ending to Mists or not? I mean, it's the press tour after all ...

I think this is what they did on the press tour: \/

Metzen's reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_FLTtcgHqE

So true that made me spit on my keyboard.
100 Draenei Shaman

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMetzen/status/198634647024967680

I don't know what to think about it
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If Anduin wasn't neutral, you'd get people making threads like "Why can't I kill Anduin?"
90 Human Death Knight

I think Zarhym was trying to do damage control after the somewhat negative reaction to the idea of Thrall being made Warchief again, by implying maybe that's not what's going to happen or at least we don't know the whole story.

Metzen, however, is as oblivious as ever to the fact that not everyone loves his pet character as much as he does.
Edited by Tyrathius on 5/4/2012 11:05 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
To the OP try reading a the wiki before freaking out about something Anduin is good freinds with Baine Bloodhoof and according to the latest Velen short story will most likely be leading a joint Army of Light its not horde favoritism its a progression of his character which until Cata was nonexistant he was that kid you saved from Onyxia and that was it.
85 Human Warlock
Now the question is, Anduin grew up but why is Billy Maclure still a child...?
Thrall gives quests and Alliance complain THEY are forced to work for Horde.

Audin gives quests and Alliance complain HE is forced to work for Horde.

For the thousandth time, it's not about which faction the neutral character comes from. It's about the treatment of neutral Alliance characters compared to the allegedly neutral Thrall.

Malfurion, Anduin etc. go out of their way to excuse/ignore the Horde's atrocities regardless of how little sense it makes. Thrall blows up Alliance ships and rants about wanting to raze Stormwind.
90 Undead Priest
05/04/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Enekie
Metzen gets final say. Looks like Zarhym fed us a line.

I think you are jumping to conclusions.

"Thrall will be there for the horde"

Doesn't mean"

"Thall will lead the war against the Alliance as Warchief"
100 Human Paladin
Anduin is a wuss anyway long live Varian.
90 Undead Priest
05/04/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Arberus
Thrall blows up Alliance ships and rants about wanting to raze Stormwind.

Alliance ships sent to kill him with the help of the Twilight Hammer.

And him wanting to blow up SW was in his anger management class. It's not something he'd ever want to do for real.
Thrall blows up Alliance ships and rants about wanting to raze Stormwind.

Alliance ships sent to kill him with the help of the Twilight Hammer.

And him wanting to blow up SW was in his anger management class. It's not something he'd ever want to do for real.

Whether he was justified or not isn't the point. If Blizzard wants to present Thrall as a neutral character, they should not be putting him in situations where he fights the Alliance.

As for the Anger questline, there's two problems with it -One, he wouldn't be saying it if he didn't want to do it on some level, and two, him wanting to is not presented as being petty or wrong. Instead, Aggra talks about how justified Thrall's anger is.
Edited by Arberus on 5/4/2012 11:15 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest

As for the Anger questline, there's two problems with it -One, he wouldn't be saying it if he didn't want to do it on some level, and two, him wanting to is not presented as being petty or wrong. Instead, Aggra talks about how justified Thrall's anger is.

Was DS different for alliance? Did Thrall turn the big DBZ beam on you after he killed Deathwing with it? Cause if he didn't, that's "neutral" enough.

And all the times Varian says to Thrall's face that he wants to genocidally wipe out every orc man, woman, and child? That's totally cool?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]