Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

90 Human Warlock
What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
90 Human Warrior
05/04/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Zarhym
Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

Well that settles that for now then.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Yuë
Oh, Let us not forget Alex and the Red dragonflight seemingly "forgetting" that it was the Dragonmaw that kidnapped Alex and forced her to have babies inside the SAME ZONE where they're located during the twilight highlands quests.

Lol, you really are a bad Troll..

The Dragonmaw back then != the small faction Horde recruited.
Community Manager
05/04/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Levinthar
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.
85 Orc Death Knight
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

basic campfire for warchief!!

05/04/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Killercaitie
What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

omg futurama reference +1
Edited by Encore on 5/4/2012 3:29 PM PDT
90 Undead Warrior

The world is about to be destroyed. Perhaps this might be a good time to put aside differences and you know save it.

The Alliance would rather have had the world destroyed than work with the Horde and we are the bad guys?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There's no Zombie King or Big Emo Baddie Dragon this time.

My response was to your putting down Malfurion who unlike the normal Alliance player recognizes there is a time to accept whatever help is possible for the greater good.

and Frankly, i suspect we will see that yet again in MOP. Meanwhile, I will enjoy burning Theramore and pillaging as much of the Eastern Kingdom as possible..

We are the Forsaken we have neither forgotten nor forgiven.
Edited by Azraél on 5/4/2012 3:29 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

Submitter Michael snapped this shot of the Prince of Stormwind hanging out in Pandaria, where he's apparently decided to learn the ways of the locals and become a neutral quest giver. His dad must just hate that he's talking to Hordies.

It's not really enough information to argue this point in the original post:

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

How is it not enough information? If Anduin is giving quests to Hordies, then it IS for horde enjoyment. thats pretty obvious.
90 Human Warlock
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym

It's gunna be Lor'Themar isn't it?

ADAM WEST FOR WARCHIEF!
90 Gnome Warlock
05/04/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Healary
Anduin goes neutral: FML WE LOST ANOTHER LORE FIGURE HORDE ARE CONTROLLING OUR LIVES

It's less the him going neutral that is annoying, it fits him rather well as a character which is why he's got more potential for being an interesting character than Varian, and more the fact that he's kidnapped and mishandled by the Horde prior to him going neutral.

Meh. At least he has his own backstory which is more than I can say for Varian. Going "Let's give him Thrall's backstory and Garrosh's complete lack of forethought" and calling it a day doesn't exactly come across as a compelling or interesting character.
85 Night Elf Druid
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym

So you are saying we should just cancel our accounts now then? Garrosh remains as warchief, even after being defeated in raid, or they pick someone else for the sake of story?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Anduin goes neutral: FML WE LOST ANOTHER LORE FIGURE HORDE ARE CONTROLLING OUR LIVES

It's less the him going neutral that is annoying, it fits him rather well as a character which is why he's got more potential for being an interesting character than Varian, and more the fact that he's kidnapped and mishandled by the Horde prior to him going neutral.

Meh. At least he has his own backstory which is more than I can say for Varian. Going "Let's give him Thrall's backstory and Garrosh's complete lack of forethought" and calling it a day doesn't exactly come across as a compelling or interesting character.

*gasp*.... you sure you're a gnome on the Alliance side?
85 Night Elf Hunter
For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

Submitter Michael snapped this shot of the Prince of Stormwind hanging out in Pandaria, where he's apparently decided to learn the ways of the locals and become a neutral quest giver. His dad must just hate that he's talking to Hordies.

Actually, despite my rather harsh first Post, the problem is not just with Alliance, it is with lots of WoW characters simply going "no hard feelings" when something involves the Horde.

-Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight simply not caring about the DragonMaw joining the Horde;

-Cenarius attitude of "Hey they little orc, i lost my last life in the hands of your race, but let's work together!"

-Kirin Tor having no hard feelings against the undead or the horde;

-Tirion BLIND to whats happening just south of his shiny new home;
Edited by Yuë on 5/4/2012 3:31 PM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
Alliance players complain that a previously important Horde figure, Thrall, is given a prime spotlight as a neutral character.

Alliance player complains that an important Alliance figure, Anduin, is suspected to be elevated to a neutral status for potentially the same purposes.

I'd be laughing harder if this didn't involve a dead horse.
90 Draenei Paladin

It's Gamon, right? Please say it's Gamon. :)

After all these years of people killing him it'd be an awesome twist.
Edited by Muletia on 5/4/2012 3:33 PM PDT
90 Undead Warrior

How is it not enough information? If Anduin is giving quests to Hordies, then it IS for horde enjoyment. thats pretty obvious.

So if Thrall is neutral it is for the Horde enjoyment and if Anduin is neutral it is for Horde enjoyment. Clearly, no bias here. Thanks for your objective analysis and opinion.
90 Human Warrior
Alliance players complain that a previously important Horde figure, Thrall, is given a prime spotlight as a neutral character.

Alliance player complains that an important Alliance figure, Anduin, is suspected to be elevated to a neutral status for potentially the same purposes.

I'd be laughing harder if this didn't involve a dead horse.

You are missing one important thing though. usually when our heroes and leaders go neutral they stay neutral.
05/04/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Yuë
The thing is, how would Horde players feel, is they had to tag along Varian during ALL Cata, helping he get a new girlfriend, and then hearing him whine on the raid tier, and them he decides to turn Alliance again after...

The difference is... Varian was always a terrible character regardless of his faction. (Well, at least I never liked him).

But really, still "horde favoritism" threads? Really?

As I pointed several times... Malfurion, a characters that was never 100% neutral, led the offensive against Ragnaros, which was covered in most of cata, the complicated plot with Staghelm, and Benedictus' treason (the last one was really poorly developed... I think they ran out of time and rushed things too much, which was a bad move).
What did horde get in cata? The beloved Green Jeebus going neutral (Deny it all you want, I don't care, HE-WAS-NEUTRAL during the whole xpac), him making a terrible decision and leaving the horde to fall to pieces thanks to a bad warchief.

Who seems more heroic? I wonder.... *cough*

Honestly... just quit it... it doesn't work anymore and it got old already.

And plus, alliance gets all the favoritism in game, maybe not with how quest are developed (I know, even if I don't play allliance, the story on those it's bad), but with many things. No side can get them all... grow a pair and deal with it, really -.-
Edited by Midare on 5/4/2012 3:34 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
05/04/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Yuë

Good thing you speak for the millions of Alliance players, ain't it?

Please, when someone talks like that it's obvious it is not talking about 100%, but for the majority. There will always be someone who disagrees.

You don't speak for the majority. You are absolutely in a tiny minority. Deal with it.
85 Orc Death Knight

Actually, despite my rather harsh first Post, the problem is not just with Alliance, it is with lots of WoW characters simply going "no hard feelings" when something involves the Horde.

-Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight simply not caring about the DragonMaw joining the Horde;

-Cenarius attitude of "Hey they little orc, i lost my last life in the hands of your race, but let's work together!"

-Kirin Tor having no hard feelings against the undead or the horde;

-Tirion BLIND to whats happening just south of his shiny new home;

I know, right? As guardians and protectors of the world, they should put their own thirst for vengeance first before trying to save their world.
I mean, really.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]