Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

90 Night Elf Druid
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

I pray this means that thrall will not be warcheif. Oh freaking please let this mean that.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

This give me some hope, as of the worst outcome possible would be, after helping him get married and them saving the world help him get his throne back, so he can continue to skin Night Elves and that sort of things.

Because the point i got from those information was that "the majority of horde players likes Thrall, so we're sending him back!"
Edited by Khaerys on 5/4/2012 3:47 PM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
05/04/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Jimindar
What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

This made me giggle.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

And this tantalised me in unseemly ways.

It's gunna be Lor'Themar isn't it?

I am ok with that. Actually.. I would faction change for that.

I would be fine with lor'themar if they do some MAJOR lore reconstruction on the dude
90 Gnome Warlock
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym

You may want to relay this on to Chris Metzen. I think he'll be surprised to find out that he doesn't know who the next warchief will be.
Thrall -Destoys Alliance ships and yells about wanting to destroy Stormwind while allegedly neutral
Malfurion -Blatantly ignores the Horde's attacks on Ashenvale and won't lift a finger to defend Tyrande if they attack her
Anduin -Is kidnapped by the Horde, and then defends them after the Alliance rescues him

The favoritism is not which faction the neutral characters come from, it's how they act. In all cases, neutral Alliance characters go out of their way to treat the two factions equally regardless of how little sense it makes. Thrall, however, maintained his strong ties with the Horde even after he allegedly became a neutral character.
41 Gnome Priest
The horde kidnap the prince, and then the prince goes neutral. Solid story telling imo.
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/04/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Healstime
The horde kidnap the prince, and then the prince goes neutral. Solid story telling imo.

You're missing points here. The horde threatens to kill him while at that.
Edited by Khaerys on 5/4/2012 3:49 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
05/04/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Creepyspice
Looks like he will become one hell of a Paladin and lead the Alliance and the Horde versus Sargeras and the Burning Legion.

That sounds freaking epic, looking forward to it.

I'm sorry this ticks me off, I can understand them doing it in the future but I'm freaking sick of my heros going neutral. I understand that audin might need to do it soon, but I feel after Cata this is to soon. I bet Captain Tailor goes neutral next.
Edited by Athinah on 5/4/2012 3:52 PM PDT
41 Gnome Priest
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

It will be shocking to find out that Thrall AND Agrra are the new co-warchiefs! It will be totally unexpected!!!!
Edited by Healstime on 5/4/2012 3:53 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I just love how people are still generalizing the actions of a few/band/group as the entire faction. So all Forsaken are for the plaguing at the Wrathgate and siding with Varimathras? The Blood Elves all still believe in Kael'thas...right?
Edited by Kuijin on 5/4/2012 3:51 PM PDT
05/04/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Bomdanil

You may want to relay this on to Chris Metzen. I think he'll be surprised to find out that he doesn't know who the next warchief will be.

It might of been accurate when it was said, but ultimately the final decision doesn't have to be made until it's actually in development, which the Siege of Orgrimmar was, and probably still is, not.

My guess is Metzen was just throwing out what was (at the time) the leading idea, but that might of changed now that Blizzard has a lot more feedback to work with.
90 Human Paladin
Color me skeptical Zar. People knew Anduin was going to be a horde quest giver ever since the forest opened. Its Tirion all over again

But at least Tirion was always neutral
Edited by Paladinchaz on 5/4/2012 3:51 PM PDT
41 Gnome Priest
05/04/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Khaerys

You're missing points here. The horde threatens to kill him while at that.

Well that last part was more of a joke, because it's lousy story telling.
90 Human Warrior
I just love how people are still generalizing the actions of a few/band/group as the entire faction. So all Forsaken are for the plaguing at the Wrathgate and siding with Varimathras. The Bloodelves all still believe in Kael'thas...right?

Let's be fair now. That's what most blood elf players do. They still balme all of the alliance for the actions of Garithos.

It sucks doesn't it?
90 Pandaren Shaman
Color me skeptical Zar. People knew Anduin was going to be a horde quest giver ever since the forest opened. Its Tirion all over again

But at least Tirion was always neutral

Sadly, if Velen's vision mentioned during his short Story comes true, I foresee him becoming a Neutral Paladin in next couple of expacs.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Garrondor
I just love how people are still generalizing the actions of a few/band/group as the entire faction. So all Forsaken are for the plaguing at the Wrathgate and siding with Varimathras. The Bloodelves all still believe in Kael'thas...right?

Let's be fair now. That's what most blood elf players do. They still balme all of the alliance for the actions of Garithos.

It sucks doesn't it?

As an avid Horde player, i still blame that ONE guy for those atrocities, not the Alliance. As for BE players with Kael'thas Im more or less talking about the story and actions within Wow, not WC3.
Edited by Kuijin on 5/4/2012 3:54 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
It will be shocking to find out that Thrall is the new warchief! It will be totally unexpected!!!!

I imagine half of the comm. managers at Blizzard take a stiff drink any time they know that Metzen's going to be speaking because the guy has absolutely no capability of sticking to the script, and they deal with the fallout afterwards.
90 Human Warrior

It sucks doesn't it?

As an avid Horde player, i still blame that ONE guy for those atrocities, not the Alliance.

Too bad not many seem to share your perspective.
Edited by Garrondor on 5/4/2012 3:54 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]