Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

85 Undead Warlock
For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

It's not really enough information to argue this point in the original post:

Actually, despite my rather harsh first Post, the problem is not just with Alliance, it is with lots of WoW characters simply going "no hard feelings" when something involves the Horde.

-Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight simply not caring about the DragonMaw joining the Horde;

-Cenarius attitude of "Hey they little orc, i lost my last life in the hands of your race, but let's work together!"

-Kirin Tor having no hard feelings against the undead or the horde;

-Tirion BLIND to whats happening just south of his shiny new home;

The dragonmaw didn't join the horde, we wiped out all those who still had any semblance of the brutes that did that to alex, and then accepted the new and reformed dragonmaw to be better people
85 Draenei Paladin
Color me skeptical Zar. People knew Anduin was going to be a horde quest giver ever since the forest opened. Its Tirion all over again

But at least Tirion was always neutral

Sadly, if Velen's vision mentioned during his short Story comes true, I foresee him becoming a Neutral Paladin in next couple of expacs.

There is nothing in that story that indicates this, but okay.
90 Human Paladin
05/04/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Kuijin
As an avid Horde player, i still blame that ONE guy for those atrocities, not the Alliance.

You're ok in my book
90 Pandaren Shaman

As an avid Horde player, i still blame that ONE guy for those atrocities, not the Alliance.

Too bad not many seem to share your perspective.

It's human nature to generalize (or in Azeroth's case, all races).
90 Gnome Warlock
05/04/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Falrinn
My guess is Metzen was just throwing out what was (at the time) the leading idea, but that might of changed now that Blizzard has a lot more feedback to work with.

Metzen's been "throwing it out there" that Thrall is going back to being the warchief for the Horde for a while now.
85 Undead Warlock
Thrall -Destoys Alliance ships and yells about wanting to destroy Stormwind while allegedly neutral
Malfurion -Blatantly ignores the Horde's attacks on Ashenvale and won't lift a finger to defend Tyrande if they attack her
Anduin -Is kidnapped by the Horde, and then defends them after the Alliance rescues him

The favoritism is not which faction the neutral characters come from, it's how they act. In all cases, neutral Alliance characters go out of their way to treat the two factions equally regardless of how little sense it makes. Thrall, however, maintained his strong ties with the Horde even after he allegedly became a neutral character.

I apparently missed something HUGE, where did thrall ever destroy alliance ships? or destroying stormwind? Also thrall was a huge advocate for the alliance even when he was our warchief
85 Goblin Mage
I read that Anduin goes neutral at some part in the Island. Is this happening again?

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

I'm usually on the positive and patient side when you guys say you intend to do awesome things and whatever, but i'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...

As a horde player, if its ally let it remain ally and horde likewise. I want world pvp and factions to hate each others guts. no neutral crap. Vanilla pvp was the best.. specially with no faction changing and a pvp server being idk a pvp server not pve with a pvp label..
90 Human Paladin
05/04/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Nardoc
I apparently missed something HUGE, where did thrall ever destroy alliance ships? or destroying stormwind?

Goblin starting quests
74 Dwarf Warrior
Thrall -Destoys Alliance ships and yells about wanting to destroy Stormwind while allegedly neutral
Malfurion -Blatantly ignores the Horde's attacks on Ashenvale and won't lift a finger to defend Tyrande if they attack her
Anduin -Is kidnapped by the Horde, and then defends them after the Alliance rescues him

The favoritism is not which faction the neutral characters come from, it's how they act. In all cases, neutral Alliance characters go out of their way to treat the two factions equally regardless of how little sense it makes. Thrall, however, maintained his strong ties with the Horde even after he allegedly became a neutral character.

I apparently missed something HUGE, where did thrall ever destroy alliance ships? or destroying stormwind? Also thrall was a huge advocate for the alliance even when he was our warchief

Goblin starter zone had him to destroy ships.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Sadly, if Velen's vision mentioned during his short Story comes true, I foresee him becoming a Neutral Paladin in next couple of expacs.

"Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. "

Sounds pallyish for me.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

Submitter Michael snapped this shot of the Prince of Stormwind hanging out in Pandaria, where he's apparently decided to learn the ways of the locals and become a neutral quest giver. His dad must just hate that he's talking to Hordies.

It's not really enough information to argue this point in the original post:

Yes, I AM tired of Alliance characters and factions with potential Alliance sided development to go neutral for the sake of Horde enjoyment

How is it not enough information? Both the article you linked and current beta content confirm that Anduin is working with the Horde. That's some pretty clear evidence pointing to neutrality. The fact that there are also voice files where he outright says that the Orcs represent Azeroth's potential for "redemption" is also pretty damning. He most certainly doesn't sound like an Alliance character, so what is he?
05/04/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Khaerys
The horde kidnap the prince, and then the prince goes neutral. Solid story telling imo.

You're missing points here. The horde threatens to kill him while at that.

Stockholm Syndrome FTW ?
90 Human Warrior

"Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. "

Sounds pallyish for me.

Does the alliance really need another pally hero? I thought it was actually a nice change of pace that Anduin was a priest.

Pluse we need a new Top priest ever since benadictus lost his marbles.
90 Undead Warrior
You guys better pray Thrall is Warchief. The only reason we have not wiped out the Alliance is Thrall was fairly sympathetic and Deathwing was running around causing trouble. Now that The Horde has saved the world. (I didn't see any Alliance running around when I helped defeat DW.)

We will rid this world of the hypocritical Alliance.

We are the Forsaken. We have neither forgiven nor forgotten.

For the Horde!!!!
85 Undead Warlock

You forget that the advisor to the horde also joined up with the twilight cultists? we jsut found out and killed him before he could become a major lore character.

Who?

Edit: the name I mean. Not being sarcastic I dont play horde much and am curious. I made that post you quoted.

uuuuh gimme a bit, I'll go find it, it was the warlock guy, dont' remember if we killed him pre cata events or if it was pre twihi
90 Human Paladin
you guys take this game way too damn seriously i have been playing since vanilla and i just play the game for the sake of playing it and i could care less what happens to any NPC in game personally if it doesn't affect me personally i could care less you jump down blizzards throat over the stupidest things i swear makes me wonder how this game would have turned out if no one !@#$%ed and cried over everything since vanilla days because god knows its the whining fan that has influenced blizz to make such changes over the years
90 Pandaren Shaman
You guys better pray Thrall is Warchief. The only reason we have not wiped out the Alliance is Thrall was fairly sympathetic and Deathwing was running around causing trouble. Now that The Horde has saved the world. (I didn't see any Alliance running around when I helped defeat DW.)

For the Horde!!!!

Please try to keep on topic.

05/04/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Lytebringer
you guys take this game way too damn seriously i have been playing since vanilla and i just play the game for the sake of playing it and i could care less what happens to any NPC in game personally if it doesn't affect me personally i could care less you jump down blizzards throat over the stupidest things i swear makes me wonder how this game would have turned out if no one !@#$%ed and cried over everything since vanilla days because god knows its the whining fan that has influenced blizz to make such changes over the years

You too.
Edited by Khaerys on 5/4/2012 4:02 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior

For the Horde!!!!

Big talk for a brainless zombie.
05/04/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
I apparently missed something HUGE, where did thrall ever destroy alliance ships? or destroying stormwind?

Goblin starting quests

Right... and you know why he did that?

Maybe it was related to the fact that the alliance ships attacked his ship for no other reason than him being on it?

And still when did he destroy stormwind?? I think you're mistaking him for deathwing, because that's the only one that did that as far as I can remember.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]