Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

100 Blood Elf Mage
Zaela.

Varian would be driven crazy. All he would see is Garona killing his father.

It's about time for a strong female leading the orcs and the horde... 'Mother of Dragons'... (j/k about that part)

She could be a leader that is diplomatic but vicious if cornered.
90 Worgen Death Knight
05/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
Erm...He's going back to being warchief of the horde. Which apparently isn't supposed to bother all the alliance that have been working with him for the last few years.

I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate.

Varok Saurfang for warchief!
100 Human Warrior
Zaela.

Varian would be driven crazy. All he would see is Garona killing his father.

It's about time for a strong female leading the orcs and the horde... 'Mother of Dragons'... (j/k about that part)

She could be a leader that is diplomatic but vicious if cornered.

I'm starting to think we should make sylvanas warchief. I know It wouldn't really make sense for the orcs to allow something like that, but think of all the chaos this would stir up between the factions?

My twisted sense of humor would like to see that actually.
100 Draenei Shaman
I'd rather having Hogger for warchief than Thrall again. xD

But Seriously, Zaela, Baine or Vol'jin would be awesome.

Anyways, i gotta go, life iz srs business.

But'll be back later or maybe post from my phone.
Edited by Khaerys on 5/4/2012 4:05 PM PDT
98 Night Elf Priest
Jaina's is/was one of Anduin's mentors. If she goes then Anduin might fill the void of being an Alliance diplomat that Jaina currently does. That does not mean he will be neutral. Even if he becomes a diplomat or similar role that still would imply he has allegiance to the Alliance.

Also it should be taken into account that Jaina & Thrall have a relationship due to fighting in battle together to save the world from Kil'jadeon, Anduin & Baine also have a relationship, not because they've fought in battle together but because they met at time when they were both trying to learn the role that they would take in the world, being sons of leaders of their respective people, so in some ways they have a kinship.

For those who like references before debating claims: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/around-azeroth-beta-edition-prince-of-snakes/

Wait so Anduin is a Pandaren-murdering Slytherin? Is that like a SI:7 spy thing?

05/05/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Anduin's gonna be the Golden Boy leading us against the Legion in the final xpac. I bet he gets corrupted and becomes a raid boss. Him or his dad. Blizzard just can't NOT corrupt people.

That's the ending more or less of the first Diablo, that would be a bit too much recycling old content.
Edited by Peacepriest on 5/6/2012 3:50 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
05/04/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Midare
Maybe it was related to the fact that the alliance ships attacked his ship for no other reason than him being on it?

Pretty sure the Warchief of the Horde is a very big military target.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
05/04/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Azraél
Now that The Horde has saved the world. (I didn't see any Alliance running around when I helped defeat DW.)

Never bothered to look at the ship that carried you to the Maelstrom?

Doesn't matter, since a beta book confirms that it was the Alliance that killed Deathwing.
Edited by Vyrin on 5/4/2012 4:09 PM PDT
85 Undead Warlock

You forget that the advisor to the horde also joined up with the twilight cultists? we jsut found out and killed him before he could become a major lore character.

Who?

Edit: the name I mean. Not being sarcastic I dont play horde much and am curious. I made that post you quoted.

It was sauranok the mystic, here is the quest

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26830
1 Gnome Mage
Thrall goes neutral: FML HORDE ARE CONTROLLING OUR LIVES

Anduin goes neutral: FML WE LOST ANOTHER LORE FIGURE HORDE ARE CONTROLLING OUR LIVES

The difference is the horde characters go neutral to save the world before returning to the horde. Not really the same for ally.
85 Undead Warlock
05/04/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Maybe it was related to the fact that the alliance ships attacked his ship for no other reason than him being on it?

SO ti is okay to attack him because he is the warchief, but he can't retaliate when they attack him? your logic is flawed...
100 Draenei Shaman
By the way, Varian had great oportunities to shine in cata, like the TH intro, or in the reval of Benedictus as the Twilight Father, but again, he was overshadowed to show us how awesome Thrall is.
Edited by Khaerys on 5/4/2012 4:11 PM PDT
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Plus, Thrall never made a big speech about how great the Alliance is like Anduin is making for the Horde.

In fact, if I recall, it was:

Thrall: "You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities! I will see your throne split in two!"

Aggra: "Go'el, your anger is just!"

Bit of a difference here.
90 Undead Warrior
[quote]You guys better pray Thrall is Warchief. The only reason we have not wiped out the Alliance is Thrall was fairly sympathetic and Deathwing was running around causing trouble. Now that The Horde has saved the world. (I didn't see any Alliance running around when I helped defeat DW.)

We will rid this world of the hypocritical Alliance.

We are the Forsaken. We have neither forgiven nor forgotten.

For the Horde!!!!

Please try to keep on topic.

Lol hello kettle. This post was clearly on topic. Who are you to judge what is and what isn't on topic in the 1,000,000 "Blizzard is so Horde biased thread". Go be the forum police elsewhere, child.
100 Draenei Shaman
05/04/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Vyrin
Now that The Horde has saved the world. (I didn't see any Alliance running around when I helped defeat DW.)

Never bothered to look at the ship that carried you to the Maelstrom?

Doesn't matter, since a beta book confirms that it was the Alliance that killed Deathwing.

Aside from the skyfire, DW got killed by Aspects and Thrall Story wise
85 Undead Warlock
05/04/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Vintis

Exactly. A forsaken called all us alliance hypocritcal a minute ago, But how hypocritical is it to say that you guys wouldn't attack a ship if Wrynn was on it?

And thrall was acting pretty violently toward people he supossedly wants to help. What happened to the forgive and forget attitude that you expect all nuetral allinace to have?

We never expected them to have it. And no, thrall would not attack a ship with wrynn on it simply because he was, garrosh would, not thrall. However once they attacked thrall that meant they were fair game. You forget over time, but when someone attacks you you don't just be like, alright, that's cool, just fly away, let them keep attacking us. you finish them, and then later nothing, you don't take revenge for them attacking you. THAT is the forgive and forget additude
74 Dwarf Warrior
Thrall/neutral characters just have bad writing at the moment however blizz doesn't think that people will look into it too deep.
100 Human Paladin
05/04/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Nardoc
SO ti is okay to attack him because he is the warchief, but he can't retaliate when they attack him? your logic is flawed...

I never stated anything of the sort in my posts. Someone asked where thrall said/did that, I let them know it was the goblin starting quests.

Then someone asked rather sarcasticaly about the alliance attacking a ship with him on it, and I explained thats exactly why it was attacked.

You're arging with the wrong person
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]