Theory on Turalyon and Anduin Wrynn

90 Human Warlock
05/04/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Throm
Put them in a position whether they had to chose the alliance or the horde in conflict of interest. They will side the alliance everytime.

Quite the opposite, actually.

Well, I should say "I believe" they will. Stating it like a fact is just ignorant. Same goes for you. Its your opinion, not a fact.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Well, I should say "I believe" they will. Stating it like a fact is just ignorant. Same goes for you. Its your opinion, not a fact.

Varian has a chance to rescue the people being tortured by the forsaken in their experiments as well as call Thrall on the Horde's bull!@#$. Jaina says ha, no.

Horde beat Anduin unconscious, hold him at gunpoint. He then escapes and has adventures with Horde player characters. Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/04/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Swiftlight
Anduin is NOT neutral and is NOT stupid. Whats so stupid about trying to end a war that's growing pointless trying to find magical healing waters for the benefit of the world.

He absolutely is stupid if he believes that the Alliance has no legitimate reason to go war with the Horde, he absolutely is stupid if he believes that the Horde have done anything but give the Alliance reasons to hate and distrust them, absolutely is he stupid if he believes that peace at any cost ever did anybody any good in the long run.
Edited by Nagodreth on 5/4/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also, I'd like to point out for the sake of argument that there is nothing dishonorable about the sacking of Theramore.

The honor was the Horde's for letting it stand on their shores and spare it its destruction despite the liability it presented.

And the dishonor was Jaina's for ultimately betraying that trust in mutual coexistence by allowing her city to become the launching point for the largest military offensive into Horde territory to date.

If anything the sacking of Theramore is fair recompense for the betrayal. Honor is reserved for the honorable. When you stab your friends in the back, you cease to be worthy of honorable treatment.

Jaina's treaties and agreements were with Thrall. They weren't worth the paper they were written on to Garrosh. She would have been foolish not to take a harder line with him in charge.

That being said, the idea that sacking Theramore is some kind of atrocity is 100% laughable. Theramore serves as a staging point for Alliance armies from the EK, Theramore has sent it's own troops to war with the Horde in the Barrens and sends supplies and logistical support to Alliance forward positions in the region.

And it does it from a location that is far too close to Durotar for any Orc;s comfort.

Bottom line is that Theramore is a completely legitimate miltary target.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Keep Turalyon out. He's not nessecary since you already have King Chin The Sue, Avatar of The Wolf God He Has Nothing To Do With. Can't stand that guy.

Anduin knows about The Army Of The Light. That's why he's willing to overlook his father's brash racism of Orcs and actually be the good guy the Alliance is alledgedly full of.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/06/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Kroxxigar
That's why he's willing to overlook his father's brash racism of Orcs and actually be the good guy the Alliance is alledgedly full of.

Why is it that a Horde character can be good while still Horde, but an Alliance character can only be good when neutral?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
*Sigh* Blizzard's making the mistake again...

Come ON Blizzard! Learn from Thrall in Cataclysm! Stop shoving a faction-based character down the throats of BOTH factions! The opposite faction generally hates working with said character, and the main faction feels its a betrayal of interests for that character to work with the opposite faction!

Everyone HATES it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not everyone, I like it. It gives me a chance to see both sides of the lore without having to scale through all the other factions stuff.... even though I have 85s on both sides now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
... Nobody else thinks that they put him as neutral intentionally?

Just to troll you all?

I mean look at the tooltip for the Book of Xoroth. "This book causes unforseen changes, like premature forum posts on a quest design not yet complete."

I'm pretty sure they saw all the Alliance QQ on the forums and threw this in here to make you rage... perhaps.

They have the warlocks quite continuously raging.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/06/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Baalsamael
... Nobody else thinks that they put him as neutral intentionally?

No, I think they accidentally wrote in all the questlines and voice-acted roles for him, obviously.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Priest
I for one love that the future prince of stormwind is willing to completely ignore everything the horde has ever done and will do for no reason. I love how he likes the horde so much he refuses to retaliate even when his city's are being destroyed and his people are dying because horde lives are more important than alliance ones.

But seriously i think that they are using Anduin completely wrong. I like that he wants peace but you cant just have him overlook everything the horde has done and refuse to fight regardless of what they do, that doesn't make him look honorable, or nice, it just makes him look like a idiot and a detriment to the alliance.
Edited by Seldrey on 5/6/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I for one love that the future prince of stormwind is willing to completely ignore everything the horde has ever done and will do for no reason. I love how he likes the horde so much he refuses to retaliate even when his city's are being destroyed and his people are dying because horde lives are more important than alliance ones.

But seriously i think that they are using Anduin completely wrong. I like that he wants peace but you cant just have him overlook everything the horde has done and refuse to fight regardless of what they do, that doesn't make him look honorable, or nice, it just makes him look like a idiot and a detriment to the alliance.

We need someone like Uther or Lothar leading the Alliance. Honorable men they were, but when the question was "How do you respond to Horde aggression?" their answers were "Atomize their skulls with a sledgehammer" and "Stab them, stab them until they die." respectively. In contrast, Anduin would say "Roll over so they can stomp on the other side of your face" and that's why I hate his guts now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/06/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Nagodreth
We need someone like Uther or Lothar leading the Alliance. Honorable men they were, but when the question was "How do you respond to Horde aggression?" their answers were "Atomize their skulls with a sledgehammer" and "Stab them, stab them until they die." respectively. In contrast, Anduin would say "Roll over so they can stomp on the other side of your face" and that's why I hate his guts now.

Which I, being a loyal Horde fanboy, would most generously welcome.

Neutrality should only exist if there's a common threat. Which is why I liked Wrath. Cata was done horribly. And even if the common threat ends up being a Sha-Old God-Mogu-Titan-thing, both sides should deal with their own problems individually, and only agree upon killing the other thing so they can kill eachother in peace.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
05/04/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Nagodreth
I'd say that a crown prince aiding the enemy in any fashion whatsoever constitutes treason.

Spoilers

Anduin isn't helping the enemy. He is helping the Pandaren, who are overrun with Sha. The player character, being a powerful hero-adventurer, aids him in this task. His actions save a Temple and the Red Crane, as well as all the Pandaren in the area. In order to help them, Anduin is willing to ask a big hero-type to aid him in his quest to save a neutral race.

In order to convince a Horde player to help him (instead of capturing him again, maybe?), he tries to guilt us into it by saying that he's heard the Horde are honorable (probably by Jaina or Baine, or he made it up to manipulate us).

Anduin is on some kind of special quest (as seen Ally side in Jade Forest). Sunwalkers and Night Elves are in the Wilds for a similar purpose. They are setting all these groups and Anduin up for a future revelation (or so it seems).

Also, we're not sure of the timeline yet. I haven't seen any Alliance or Horde reference Theramore in Pandaria... I may have missed it, but it is possible that the characters on Pandaria are either unaware of Theramore or that Theramore's destruction hasn't happened in the timelines of the early zones.

As for Turalyon and Alleria, I think they'll make an appearance in the Army of Light expansion. Maybe they'll even be the forwarners, who return to Azeroth and try to mount a defense/offense.
Edited by Urknyn on 5/6/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/06/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Urknyn
As for Turalyon and Alleria, I think they'll make an appearance in the Army of Light expansion. Maybe they'll even be the forwarners, who return to Azeroth and try to mount a defense/offense.

More neutrality. Great.

Remind me: whats the point of having factions, again?
Edited by Rhoggarn on 5/6/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/06/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Rhoggarn

For on-azeroth plot.

Having faction fighting while being invaded by Sargeras and trying to make Azeroth the next Argus, upon which the Titans will try to reoriginate, which will make the Old Gods have a hissy fit, would be a bad idea.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Baalsamael
For on-azeroth plot.

On-Azeroth plot is still dominated by neutrality.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
05/06/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Rhoggarn

More neutrality. Great.

I know, right? It'd be way better for the story to have the Burning Legion completely annihilate us all rather than join forces.

<3 Shudder: Crap. I just spilled sarcasm all over my good jeans.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
For on-azeroth plot.

Having faction fighting while being invaded by Sargeras and trying to make Azeroth the next Argus, upon which the Titans will try to reoriginate, which will make the Old Gods have a hissy fit, would be a bad idea.

All the Alliance and Horde do is work together. Any time REAL conflict is possible it immediately gets shot down (PETTY DIFFERENCES) because Blizzard genuinely has something against faction rivalry.

We also know, that because of the Army of the Light, nothing important will come of the faction 'war' on Pandaria.

So again, I ask: What is the point of separate factions?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
For on-azeroth plot.

All the Alliance and Horde do is work together. Any time REAL conflict is possible it immediately gets shot down (PETTY DIFFERENCES) because Blizzard genuinely has something against faction rivalry.

We also know, that because of the Army of the Light, nothing important will come of the faction 'war' on Pandaria.

So again, I ask: What is the point of separate factions?

Chocolate vs. Vanilla Bean?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]