@Monday

85 Orc Warrior
Vs
My third raiding guild ever, I had no idea at the time, but hand a strong amount of military folk. Maybe a good seven out of the 25 people there. They were the ones I enjoyed raiding with and left with to Mal'Ganis for Wrath twice, and now two of them are back at the end of DS to head into MOP. The reason I mention this is because when I was questioning why there are a lot of military people that play this game, a lot of the time it comes back to just how it's about an organized group effort in the end, and the idea is that they like that kind of atmosphere.

I've no military background at all in my life, nor do I want to have any, but I can see some of the appeal that is actually lost of some of the "baddies raiders" we all have to put up with. Specifically when it comes down to the matter of commitment with time, and the competence levels to perform well and do what is needed. That's why when I remake my group X times, it always come down to a matter of this, "You all better know how to play your class well enough to know if you're screwing up something you can fix it without us holding your hand, and you better be ready to go when we say so otherwise you're wasting our time."

Right now our new group is basically going to have a high, high priority on people being able to make our time consistently ( it'll be a Friday - Sunday day time raid thing, except Friday that's evening farm run ), and be good. Not Michael Jordan amazing but just be good. Because if you're good and your attendance is stellar, the rest will fall into place.

Just a matter of getting the right minded people on board for it, kind of why my guild now, in spite of me really liking my friends, is falling apart; or will be soon.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Glad to see you guys pushed past 3/8.

@Clutch

I believe you just posted the basis of most guilds, and almost word-for-word the same thing most raid leaders who have struggled with groups not being cutting edge write as their manifestos.

We don't need you to be the best player in wow. We don't even need you to be top200 in your class. Basic rotation + attendance = WE WIN THIS GAME.
Edited by Tedd on 5/7/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I wish you coulda came with us on Thursday or w/e day we did that alt run, Oxy.
It was nothin but Mage tier.

E: Clutch - you always have a spot in Essence if your new guild venture goes south.
Edited by Taluka on 5/7/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Tedd, I enjoy your transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well, there was a prot chest and... something else, but yeah, so much mage gear.

And 2 Vishankas. Thanks, Bliz.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I was sort of bored on Sunday, so I said "I'm gonna play some WOW."

I got to the character screen, and I was like "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nope"

I really want to try a shaman, or play my DK... but I can't build the desire to grind the levels. Especially after playing GW2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sam - go look at my Priest.
She's so freaking adorable.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Shrymp
Tedd, I enjoy your transmog.

It's pretty common, but thanks. I was capped on honor and needed to spend it on SOMETHING.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sam - go look at my Priest.
She's so freaking adorable.

Oh you finished it? Awesome. I like that; those shoulders match much better than I thought they would just looking at it.

Pretty freaking adorable.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Vs
05/07/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Taluka
E: Clutch - you always have a spot in Essence if your new guild venture goes south.

I am super duper special friend now, yay! :]

I'll definitely have an open mind for it should we run into any problems. All we have to face right now is finding a Warlock and an Ele shaman that can play Resto well for when we need that third healer.

Much appreciated Taaaaaalll.

Unrelated: I am definitely possibly renaming my Warrior in honor of a super feral angsty female Thundercat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
05/07/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Lilivonshtup
why are dks so easy to play in crap gear?

>frost
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/07/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Descending

It's pretty common, but thanks. I was capped on honor and needed to spend it on SOMETHING.

dammit tedd lol

I've had this on for close to two weeks bud.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Who's Thundercat?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]