Ravenholdt (RP)PVP Coalition

Name: Aerana
Guild: Twilight Empire
Other guild members that can attend events: Numerous
Event interests: RP, RP-PvP as long as TE would have an excuse to be there, we're happy to help out!

Guild Template:

Guild Name: Twilight Empire
Active Guild Members for Events: Numerous guild members
Events: RP, though there is an avid group of PvPers who will attend RP-PvP events that follow the guild's RP.
Information: TE runs 2 separate raid groups, so there are evenings where a lot of us are busy. But we're more than willing to help out with RP and RP-PvP events that align with our vision. Essentially, we don't attack anything without an IC cause, but we're more than happy to defend Allies and Alliance territories that are under attack!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/04/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Draxonicar
The idea is to get guilds and players here to sign up for it and then join the global chat channel depending on what side you are (/coalition) and have your name be on this list for a quick reference. Being on the list means that if somebody needs a person for an event, they just need to alt-tab to this thread, look through the list here or the chat channel and just throw them an invite. No fuss, no muss, no questions, just instant on demand PVP.

So, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the pragmatic in me is having a hard time keeping quiet.

Why is this list a more compelling idea than simply typing "Starting a raid for <event name here>. Whisper me for an invite?" in the /coalition channel? I have a hard time imagining anybody going through this list (especially once it grows a bit), matching up the names / interests against the even type and dispensing out the invites. I would also be quite annoyed if I got a random raid invite without being whispered first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the problem you're trying to address is that folks are not always paying attention to the channel (/coalition in this case). However, the easiest way to deal with it is enforce a "no chatter; announcements only" policy. That way, anybody can drag the /coalition channel into a separate tab and know that when that tab flashes, it's an event invite and not a couple of random people discussing what they had for dinner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/08/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Cayreth
The idea is to get guilds and players here to sign up for it and then join the global chat channel depending on what side you are (/coalition) and have your name be on this list for a quick reference. Being on the list means that if somebody needs a person for an event, they just need to alt-tab to this thread, look through the list here or the chat channel and just throw them an invite. No fuss, no muss, no questions, just instant on demand PVP.

So, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the pragmatic in me is having a hard time keeping quiet.

Why is this list a more compelling idea than simply typing "Starting a raid for <event name here>. Whisper me for an invite?" in the /coalition channel? I have a hard time imagining anybody going through this list (especially once it grows a bit), matching up the names / interests against the even type and dispensing out the invites. I would also be quite annoyed if I got a random raid invite without being whispered first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the problem you're trying to address is that folks are not always paying attention to the channel (/coalition in this case). However, the easiest way to deal with it is enforce a "no chatter; announcements only" policy. That way, anybody can drag the /coalition channel into a separate tab and know that when that tab flashes, it's an event invite and not a couple of random people discussing what they had for dinner.

Having the /coalition channel be used as the primary focus of it is the end intention, but until people can actually recruit for it and make it a permanent fixture in the server a list helps.

I'm hoping that everybody that puts their name here is joining the channel >_>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]