Far too easy to "miss-click"

85 Human Paladin
So I join a pre-scheduled cross server raid. A raider, not the raid lead, is using his id for the run, supposedly 6/7 bosses down. I enter raid, get saved to a completely cleared raid.

I know, it was my mistake. With the double panes overlapping at the time (role check), I could not clearly see the small yellow numbers on the brownish background with the yellow and red embers flying in the air. I should have been even more careful with the added visual complications.

Two things I would like to recommend:

Do not have raid id lock out panes blend in with the terrain. Have them a solid color so a player can recognize that this pane is important, and not one of the many many panes that we see so many times we become careless. Have the numbers be much larger. Tiny print is tiny, too easy to screw ourselves up reading that.

Make it impossible to save oneself to a completely spent raid. It shouldn't even be possible. Heroic lockouts are already incredibly unforgiving and cruel.

Anyways... I know, I know, no need to point out the obvious as far as working as intended. Lesson learned already. Just suggestions for improving the game.

**Trolls welcome as long as you make it worth our while and truly entertaining! Be gifted =P
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
You are more than welcome to make this suggestion in the Dungeons and Raids Forum where those with the power to make such changes can view it.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
05/04/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Sonett
So I join a pre-scheduled cross server raid. A raider, not the raid lead, is using his id for the run, supposedly 6/7 bosses down. I enter raid, get saved to a completely cleared raid.

Before you entered the raid you were notified what bosses were clear.

I do not understand the reason you were tricked into anything.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
05/04/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Hathios

Before you entered the raid you were notified what bosses were clear.

I do not understand the reason you were tricked into anything.

He never said he was tricked, AND he took full responsibility for it. He said he was notified but that it was too hard to see the numbers especially with an overlap of windows. No offense man, but it doesn't even look like you read the post.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Agree that it's silly to get saved to a fully cleared raid
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
05/06/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Lusignan
Agree that it's silly to get saved to a fully cleared raid

There could be a reason for it though, say you wanted to take people who'd never seen ragnaros in to show them where the adds spawn because for some reason THEY JUST CAN'T KILL THEIR ADD WHY CAN'T YOU GET YOUR ADD RAAAAWWWRRRR, and that's the only raidID you had. Or they have a quest turn-in or something.

Removing options because someone could misclick is not a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/06/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Helagoth
say you wanted to take people who'd never seen ragnaros in to show them where the adds spawn because for some reason THEY JUST CAN'T KILL THEIR ADD WHY CAN'T YOU GET YOUR ADD RAAAAWWWRRRR

they've never seen rag, how could they expect to kill an add they've never seen!?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Back when Ulduar came out I remember some word from Blizzard that they would change the lockout system so that you only got saved when you were present for a boss kill, and not just for zoning in to an in-progress dungeon. I wish they would have actually implemented it.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
05/06/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Tsilyi
they've never seen rag, how could they expect to kill an add they've never seen!?

Oh they've seen it. They just can't count and kill the wrong one. over and over. and over. and over. While the one they were supposed to kill runs full speed to the hammer.

over. and over.

05/06/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Prissymage
Back when Ulduar came out I remember some word from Blizzard that they would change the lockout system so that you only got saved when you were present for a boss kill, and not just for zoning in to an in-progress dungeon. I wish they would have actually implemented it.

They did. For non-heroic.
Edited by Helagoth on 5/6/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/06/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Helagoth
over. and over.

/massage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]