Dentarg Best of Each Class PvP!

85 Undead Warlock
Huh, this thread started getting angry pretty quickly.

'Best' is fairly subjective though. Someone could be great with one spec but not so hot with another, or good in one field of PvP but doesn't have much experience in others, etc etc.

We certainly have some good players of each class running around. I haven't really run into many to judge (though Dishonorkill and his pet Feral gave my guildie and I a couple nice matches). So I'll have to take people's word that their listed favorites are skilled players of each class.

The bottom line is, if you are good at pvp, you shouldn't struggle as much/at all with pve because arenas are harder than raids. If you can master pvp you'll succeed in pve.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Huh, this thread started getting angry pretty quickly.

'Best' is fairly subjective though. Someone could be great with one spec but not so hot with another, or good in one field of PvP but doesn't have much experience in others, etc etc.

We certainly have some good players of each class running around. I haven't really run into many to judge (though Dishonorkill and his pet Feral gave my guildie and I a couple nice matches). So I'll have to take people's word that their listed favorites are skilled players of each class.

The bottom line is, if you are good at pvp, you shouldn't struggle as much/at all with pve because arenas are harder than raids. If you can master pvp you'll succeed in pve.

I can agree with that.

I am not trying to take anything away from anyone when I made my list. Who am I anyway? I am nobody! I am not doubting that you may be the best hunter Jackxoxo, but I just haven't seen you in action and there are others that I have either had trouble killing when I was horde, or they have been teammates and I saw they were good with their class.

Bottom line is, a lot of people are going to think they are the best. They may be, but for people to believe that, you need to have the proof and reputation to prove it. I have a 1470 3's rating, that is average, mediocre, so I don't run around telling people I am better than them just because they have a 1300 rating, because it is just not true.

Not everyone is into Arena's either, or at least not for rating. Who cares if someone likes to run random battlegrounds, let them do their thing. People talk about how bad the pvp'ers are on Dentarg, sure there are a lot of people who don't pvp or know much of how to with their class, but Dentarg has been growing lately. In a good way, so hopefully things may change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/15/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Phreshy

Where did you get that 'bottom line' from?

That's incorrect, anyways. Being skilled at PvP or PvE does help you succeed in the other field as well, but the two are varied enough that you can't really say one is 'easier' than the other. Heroic Progression and high-rating progression in 3s both involve high skill, knowledge, and gear requirements, regardless of your personal opinion on which is more difficult than the other.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
05/15/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Drostahn

Where did you get that 'bottom line' from?

That's incorrect, anyways. Being skilled at PvP or PvE does help you succeed in the other field as well, but the two are varied enough that you can't really say one is 'easier' than the other. Heroic Progression and high-rating progression in 3s both involve high skill, knowledge, and gear requirements, regardless of your personal opinion on which is more difficult than the other.

I think what he means is, if you know your class well enough in PvP, getting into PvE isn't much trouble at all. You already have knowledge of your abilities and what they do and when they should be used, so it makes that transition much easier. The mechanics on the other hand are much different, so learning your CD's and when to use them for PvE and PvP is much different, but at the same time not.

Though in my honest opinion, I think PvP end-game rating progression is much harder because your going against players and no fight will be the same.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Don't get mad! I was fine on my old realm the Battlegroup here is pretty easy so why not take advantage until MoP? Tongus don't get jealous man. Stay mad kids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Derp, lol. SO MAD yet SO AMUSING!
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
you're cute when you're mad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'm always cute, thank you very much :P

Now that it is settled, I bid you good day!
Reply Quote
Phreshy for Phresident
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/15/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Kaldus
Phreshy for Phresident

smart people here
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

Your theory is flawed Phreshly, while I admit you are very legit in PvP you suck at PvE, I mean all you can do is hit your button and ninja gear. :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/17/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Seressa

Your theory is flawed Phreshly, while I admit you are very legit in PvP you suck at PvE, I mean all you can do is hit your button and ninja gear. :P

Talbadar said that...i didn't make that up.
You're better at PvE. You have good situational awareness, you do more DPS, more healing, tank better and get invited to more advanced guilds.
"If you went through the narrow victories, crushing defeats and learning experiences of becoming a Gladiator, then other players will know that you have great potential. Playing the game at a high level of arena or PvE requires many of the same basic concepts: good positioning, good situational awareness, high DPS, good healing, good communication and good listening skills. Having a Gladiator title will allow you to raid with better players and get invited to top-tier guilds on your server."

Source.
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/216887-how-to-become-a-gladiator-introduction/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Who has the gladiator title? It seems like he is saying that to be considered for top raiding guilds you need to acheive that title, which is obviously a tough title to earn. So you have to be the best of the best in PvP to even be considered by a top raiding guild?? That actually makes it sound like the PvP'ers sucks at PvE. But I digress, we can battle this out in gchat later while I'm killing dragons and you're killing humans. :)
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
O.o Phreshy would NEVER kill me. I think :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Warlock: Phreshy
Shaman: Eazyduzit/Smokytree
Warrior: Tillaitthion
Priest: Vextle
Mage: Raînbowdash
DK: Wìzkhàlífá
Pally: ?
Rogue: ?
Hunter: ?
Druid: ?

facts here.

Well you got the shamans right the warrior used to be ok and probley still the best but the rest of the people are trash. but i guess farming speds when you have no mmr and full 403 and going 40 and 8 makes you a good player. and hardly over 1600.
Edited by Beardo on 5/28/2012 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
hi all nadfan here, i cant believe im readiing this now... first of all ty Blacksabath for believing in me...
and to answer ur question Jack, tell me what defines best pvp player? is it the arena rating? or is it how effectively u can counter other classes in 1v1 dueling situation? or is it how good u do in rbgs?
ARENA RATING: my highest 2s is 1778. 3s is 1887, 5s is 1952.
RBG Rating: 1345 (havent done so many)
Duels: ask around in gs about Nadfan and read what players who have dueled me tell u. (i beat that rogue skillso twice right after he beat u twice). i beat konyirl as the only hunter on server (3-0). and he gave me props and told me how bad u r.
now i see y u were jelly of me thru out ur stay in Dentarg.
and u keep talking about my gems, i told u 3v3 is rough when u get trained and u have low resilience.... im already using 2 set pve bonus to get more focus out of stead shots. so im low at resilienmce as it is so i made some of it up by gemming 25 agi + 25 res instead of solid 50 agi. and it worked out fine as my arena ratings jumped up. anyhow gl to u.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Nadfan: We're on a forum, not an IM client... you don't have to type like *shudder* that. Sentence and paragraph structure. Capitalization. Spelling? Words?!

wtb sage...
Edited by Isesé on 6/6/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm surprised my name wasn't mentioned ahmygawsh

I love you all but I'm the best xoxo love you all I could kill you all though. <3<3<3

Just kidding. In all honesty I'm horrible and you all know it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]