Lineage Eternal - Ultimate Diablo Killer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

the developers of Lineage 1 & Guildwars has yet again brought something new and compelling to the rpg market.

im curious to see who would top sales over blizzards prize which is diablo. it has been known for a long time that most of the developers who worked in diablo 1 left, they were a joint group called 'Blizzard North' they disbanded from blizzard since they didnt like the direction of where they're games are heading. so im not expecting much from diablo 3 since the key people that made the game great already left a long time ago.

What i am curious to see about though is the new competition arising in the market.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
As bad as real money auction house is, it will make Diablo 3 extremely popular. Tons of people will play just because they like the idea of making a few bucks here and there while playing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Not the same sort of games.

Lineage was a MMRPG--and korean to boot, which generally is a huge turnoff in the west.

GW was...well, what it was. Personally, I detested the game and its community. Again, it wasn't anything like Diablo. I'm still eyeing GW2, but not much liking what I"m seeing lately.

Also, Blizzard disbanded Blizzard North when they screwed the pooch on the first Diablo 3. This was originally Condor, which Blizzard acquired to get the Diablo IP. Bill Roper and co. had left somewhat before this to establish Flagship Studios--and we all know how well that turned out...

Regardless of any of this, Diablo 3 will most likely do very well. It's success won't be dependent on any outside influences, much less NCSoft or ArenaNet.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Not the same sort of games.

Lineage was a MMRPG--and korean to boot, which generally is a huge turnoff in the west.

How Exactly does being a korean makes you any less of a turn off to western consumers? its not like the game content will lack anything but proper english, or is it because people tend to have that skewed perception of a product that is foreign? last i checked Aion didnt leave that kind of perception to its customers.

GW was...well, what it was. Personally, I detested the game and its community. Again, it wasn't anything like Diablo. I'm still eyeing GW2, but not much liking what I"m seeing lately.

Also, Blizzard disbanded Blizzard North when they screwed the pooch on the first Diablo 3. This was originally Condor, which Blizzard acquired to get the Diablo IP. Bill Roper and co. had left somewhat before this to establish Flagship Studios--and we all know how well that turned out...

Regardless of any of this, Diablo 3 will most likely do very well. It's success won't be dependent on any outside influences, much less NCSoft or ArenaNet.

Blizzard will do well like they always do. I almost feel bad at EA's investment on Star Wars Old Republic. Bio ware's still having reasonable amount of sales in the rpg market, but not likely to make an impact on the mmo market anytime soon.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
05/05/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Thander
As bad as real money auction house is, it will make Diablo 3 extremely popular. Tons of people will play just because they like the idea of making a few bucks here and there while playing.

Real Money Auction House is a phenomenally well executed idea. Imagine how much transactions a single person would make if they were to be proactive in the buying and selling scene, and blizzard would take at least 30-50 cents as auction house cuts for each transaction. Whether which kind of items would be profitable and on high demand is still in question, but there is no doubt this will draw many certain players interest such as auction house players, gold farmers, hardcore raiders (and a few others that i fail to mention).

Bottom Line is it is a good idea and it will make money.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Honestly? I don't see Lineage Eternal killing Torchlight 2, much less Diablo 3. Just my opinion, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/05/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Thorstdin
Honestly? I don't see Lineage Eternal killing Torchlight 2, much less Diablo 3. Just my opinion, though.

Again, it's not even remotely the same sort of game.

As for the korean thing, their interpretation of MMRPGs tends to involve soul-crushing grinds and a heavy PvP influence. This hasn't flown well in the US. I don't see this new one doing any better than Lineage or Lineage II.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
NCSoft did not develop GW1, they published it. Big difference.

And as stated already, Korean MMOs are historically known to be huge grindfests where it takes forever to level.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
You don't even know the difference in publisher and developer. Please do not ever compare anything to Diablo again. It is the single greatest game series, and you blasphemous its name.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Lysiana
You don't even know the difference in publisher and developer.

Why Thank you for the words of contempt, your comment was really helpful. surely the large population illiterate morons in wow are just as useful and contributing to society just like you.

Please do not ever compare anything to Diablo again. It is the single greatest game series, and you blasphemous its name.

Problem?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
That actually looks really cool, but, like a lot of people and based on my personal experiences with Korean MMO's, I'm afraid of massive grinding.

That dungeon they did at the end looked fun, but they could be hiding the fact that you may need to do it 2390480918901 times in order to progress.

The mouse-controlled (drag input) abilities looked fun, though, especially the Mage's. I'll likely at least give it a shot.

And since the topic thread is about LS vs D3...it looks to be, in no way, shape, or form, a D3 killer.
Edited by Quicksting on 5/6/2012 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Meh. It's pretty, but I don't care to look up anything about it, like projected release dates, difficulty etc. Diablo will be out in a weeks time, and I will be having fun with that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

it has been known for a long time that most of the developers who worked in diablo 1 left, they were a joint group called 'Blizzard North' they disbanded from blizzard since they didnt like the direction of where they're games are heading. so im not expecting much from diablo 3 since the key people that made the game great already left a long time ago.

With all the video interviews of the past few weeks, and months really, Jay Wilson has been earning TONS of respect from me. If you aren't expecting much from D3 you are going to be blow away I feel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]