The Elder Scrolls Online Discussion Thread

90 Blood Elf Warlock
In no way do I think that this game will be a "WoW Killer" but... Lets not count it out just yet.

Here are some of the things that we know:

It started development in 2007, by a studio that was put together especially for this game.

It runs on a Modified version of the Hero Engine.

The lead designer is the same lead designer that worked on Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online.

Hitting the level cap is expected to take 120 hours, or 5 days /played time.

It will have mounts, but no flying mounts. This is accompanied by a “Waypoint” system that allows you to fast travel to certain stones across the world.

While it is suppose to have “WoW- Like Mechanics” it is supposed to feature a stamina bar for a basic light attack, basic heavy attack, block and dodge moves.

It will be three faction Open World PvP. The three factions are fighting over the province of Cyrodiil. Capture the Keep Style, whoever owns the Imperial City will gain a benefit for there faction. At the high end it will be 100 vs 100.

The most accomplished PvP player will become the emperor. (Needs a source, although I think it was in the leaked Game Informer Article)

You get to choose two class specific moves, and an Ultimate ability, to also have on your hotbar, along with your Light/heavy/block/dodge buttons. The Ultimate will be able to be used when you have gained enough “Finesse”.

No Holy Trinity.

Each faction will have unique leveling content.

The Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild, a Mages Guild, and a Fighters guild is said to play a part in the game.

The endgame is composed of Open World Dungeons, and Heroic Mode Raids.

Most locations throughout Tamriel are supposed to make an appearance. Most from the launch of the game with a few being held back for future content.

It is said to release in 2013.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Warrior
05/05/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Arekesu
The lead designer is the same lead designer that worked on Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online.

Hate to correct you, but Matt Firor left Mythic in 2006. He didn't have anything to do with WAR, thank goodness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
D: I hate being misinformed

Ah well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
This must be the 5th thread I've seen on this topic...
Reply Quote
19 Human Hunter
I kind of wish the mmo "fad" would die out =.=

So many companies are trying to go for a crash grab and almost all of them are failing.

there is only 1 mmo that has even 1/3 of wow's subs. Talk about lightning in a bottle.

No one is particularly excited about an Elder scrolls mmo and many of us are worried it will ruin the franchise.
Edited by Lul on 5/5/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
77 Undead Priest
It's not an Elder Scrolls game if my movement and exploration are limited by level. At over 430 hours in Skyrim and maybe 200 in Oblivion I can tell you that a non-sandbox world means no sale for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's not an Elder Scrolls game if my movement and exploration are limited by level. At over 430 hours in Skyrim and maybe 200 in Oblivion I can tell you that a non-sandbox world means no sale for me.

An Elder Scrolls game where I can go to all of the Provinces is a must buy for me :) The PvP and combat sound interesting as well, so that's a plus.

Note: I do not think that this game will be a "WoW Killer" I do not think that it is possible for any one game to "Kill WoW"

05/05/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Lul
No one is particularly excited about an Elder scrolls mmo and many of us are worried it will ruin the franchise.

This is sad, but because of the big boom of MMO's in the last few years, this is the case. It seems hard to get behind any, when WoW will probably still be on top.

I think Todd Howard won't an MMO stop the Single player experiences though.

05/05/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Radlikemymom
This must be the 5th thread I've seen on this topic...

I just wanted a general discussion thread, not one labled "The WoW killer?!!?"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/05/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Splinched

That's how the original elder scrolls worked (Morrowwind and before).

There was no "scaling" it was basically just like a single-player MMO where there were lvl 50 mobs over in Lava land, lvl 10 mobs in grass lands, lvl 90 mobs in that huge castle. So you were limited in the Elder Scrolls game for a time.

I do agree on the non-sandbox world being no sale, though. The TES games are some of my favorites (playing an assassin/thief bosmar right now, actually. :D) and if there's no sense of sandbox/freeforming, then I might now bother...

Now if it's better than WoW, that's totally different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]