Rogue VS Death knight

100 Human Rogue
you have to practice and be aware of your situations. there is no set way to fight anyone. the more you duel,... practice the better you get. figure out what works for you and get good at doing it. making someone fight your fight is the best advice i can give. you cant have someone set up a fight scenario and expect it to work out that way for you so the only way you will learn what works is to do it for yourself. have fun enjoy being a rogue and learning what to do and when.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
my dk doesn't have his ghoul stun on auto. instant !@#$ dk if u see that.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
05/05/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Sheevah
Personal preference, and I'm not the one having problems. You're the bad that's in here crying.

Well obviously you're fighting bads, I've yet to fight a good DK on my rogue -- difficult to find on my realm atleast.

DK's aren't going to put out enough pressure to matter if you stay ranged, plus, we have things like sprint, cloak, step, vanish, crippling, and deadly throw to get back in range.

I put plenty of pressure once I just gather enough RP for 5x death coils, which I can do easily while kiting the rogue. Crippling isn't going to do anything against Death's Advance. Only an idiot cloaks to close distance. Sprint every 1 min and with prep, which you want to save untill you've used all CDs anyways. You need atleast one vanish for gargoyle.

I can outdamage an unholy DK if neither of us are using cooldowns. They'll either use defensives, or they'll die before I will.

Pretty sure the DK that's kiting you 6-0 with pet transformed is going to be doing the pressure unless you can get good stuns in, but then there's DR.

False, you can get plenty of cooldowns without using them if you set up properly

False, you can't get plenty of cooldowns without using them -- Unless you're a legendary rogue, which I said are excluded. Hemo damage is laughable, and you're not going to get my back for backstabs.

You can argue against it all you want, I'm the one that has been to 2.2k in arena this season. I'm also someone that has won nearly 90% of the duels I've been in, and that's counting numerous losses that were thrown to get other players achievements, leaving for queues, and learning how to play a rogue in the beginning.

I've mopped the floor with pathetic excuses for DK's and rogues like the toons you've posted on.

So, you can keep your smug attitude and stuff it. Have fun getting your butt handed to you repeatedly. I'll be enjoying beating down whiners like you.

I've met gladiators that're awful at duels but godlike at arenas, arena rating has really nothing to do with duels, but fair enough -- curious as to why you're posting on a lvl 10 alt instead of your 2.2k main with 90% duels won. You must be pretty good if you beat DKs and rogues at level cap on your lvl 10 rogue, I have to admit.

Smug attitude? How about you take a glance at your message yourself, as far as I know, I've had nothing against you -- yet you're making these personal attacks about me being bad as well as saying "Rogues can do enough pressure without CDs, not going to explain why, I just state it as a fact."

Anyways, this has gone offtrack, not going to bother with asking anything here since the majority of you get all butthurt -- that's when the name calling starts.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Actually it sounds like you've gotten advice from multiple rogues who generally have more experience in pvp than you do, and yet you act like a knowitall. If you're so damn good, why the hell are you asking for help in the first place?

@Snoz, I gotta say I still feel that the fight is still in the rogues favor. Id honestly say it comes down to how long the rogue really wants it to last, for the sole purpose of winning a duel. Dragging out times in stealth for CDs and whatnot.
Edited by Shukir on 5/6/2012 4:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
TOW
05/05/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Müte
Between CoS, Sprint, Vanish, and Shadowstep there's no reason you should be kited by anything for an extended period of time.

This.
Reply Quote
curious as to why you're posting on a lvl 10 alt instead of your 2.2k main with 90% duels won. You must be pretty good if you beat DKs and rogues at level cap on your lvl 10 rogue, I have to admit.

You are talking about Sheevah, everyone who frequents the rogue forums knows that alt, and she isn't afraid to post on her main. We here at the rogue forums know how to look at mains via their alt, its not our fault you can't figure it out.
Edited by Bailamosx on 5/6/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
@Snoz, I gotta say I still feel that the fight is still in the rogues favor. Id honestly say it comes down to how long the rogue really wants it to last, for the sole purpose of winning a duel. Dragging out times in stealth for CDs and whatnot.

Most of the time it is in the rogues favor, however good unholy dks are monsters.

It all depends on how you open and what CDs you can force without using your own.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I almost open with garrote, love it. Is there any class where that is wrong to do?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I lose to any decent rogue 1v1, if I'm DPSing him (which most the time I'm kiting) I'll save my trinket for disarm, if not I save my trinket for 1st kidney (gnaw the shadow dance opener) and ibf 2nd kidney, ams to prevent crippling poison and chains of ice, dnd, kite with diseases and pet up, but usually with vanish, cloak of shadows, prep I eventually end up losing, mind you this is 1v1.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
05/31/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Cruelix
I almost open with garrote, love it. Is there any class where that is wrong to do?

Warrior? xD
Reply Quote

So my question is, how do you guys kill decent/good DKs once they start to kite?

I laugh at the dk for making the fight easier for me. I do not want to stand toe to toe with a DK without cds or stuns up. Thank you DK for running away from me so i don't have to try to kite you.

Open Garrote, Hemo and if you have extra combo points for damage use Rupture.

There will be kiting phases where you need to keep Recup up and still be able shadowstep kidney him for a 5 point kidney, that is why you need to maximize your bleeds so you get combo points during that phase.

The DK will run out of trinkets/IBF to get your kidney and will die in the end.

Use Fan of knives to slow down the pet from being on you.

Save cloak for if you run into a situation when you are low on health, you can cloak vanish and heal to full and or until key CD are up or close to being up again. A DK should never be able to kill you unless you let him. In a Duel you might want to play "nicer" with him but in an arena play to win at all costs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

So my question is, how do you guys kill decent/good DKs once they start to kite?

I laugh at the dk for making the fight easier for me. I do not want to stand toe to toe with a DK without cds or stuns up. Thank you DK for running away from me so i don't have to try to kite you.

There will be kiting phases where you need to keep Recup up and still be able shadowstep kidney him for a 5 point kidney, that is why you need to maximize your bleeds so you get combo points during that phase.

Save cloak for if you run into a situation when you are low on health, you can cloak vanish and heal to full and or until key CD are up or close to being up again. A DK should never be able to kill you unless you let him. In a Duel you might want to play "nicer" with him but in an arena play to win at all costs.

I assume the OP was talking about 1v1, depending on the situation if it's a duel you most likely have all or most your CDs, if I kite you I make the fight harder for you.
Reply Quote

I assume the OP was talking about 1v1, depending on the situation if it's a duel you most likely have all or most your CDs, if I kite you I make the fight harder for you.

No not at all. That is a misconception. I want you to be away from me at certain times. Eventually DKs I fight learn this. At the start it will be me running away from the DK and the DK running away from me at the same time. Towards the end of the fight it will be the DK chasing after me trying to catch me after he realizes he can never win running away and that running away only plays into my hands.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

No not at all. That is a misconception. I want you to be away from me at certain times. Eventually DKs I fight learn this. At the start it will be me running away from the DK and the DK running away from me at the same time. Towards the end of the fight it will be the DK chasing after me trying to catch me after he realizes he can never win running away and that running away only plays into my hands.

Really? It's kind of the opposite for me, every rogue wants a piece my my armor, towards the end when they're out of CDs they prep/vanish, which helps me cause I'm not being cc'ed or being put under any pressure, however I can tell when rogues are unconfident and begin playing defensively too so there's that, just from my experience.
Reply Quote

Really? It's kind of the opposite for me, every rogue wants a piece my my armor, towards the end when they're out of CDs they prep/vanish, which helps me cause I'm not being cc'ed or being put under any pressure, however I can tell when rogues are unconfident and begin playing defensively too so there's that, just from my experience.

Well, yah... I see rogue playing like that all the time between the fingers of my hand while i am face palming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]