Should LFR bosses even drop gear?

90 Troll Warlock
I don't know, but if the whole reason for implementing LFR is too have more 'casual' players see the content, why give gear at all? Is it because it is expected that when a boss dies, there is some loot to go with that boss? probably.

So, if they must drop gear either reduce how much drops, or how good the gear is. Right now LFR is a good step above HoT heroics, even tho imo HoT heroics are more challenging, I say they should drop the same ilvl gear, which will force players to make a choice.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Again, if they reduced the gear no one will run them. The only reason to run LFR instead of farming HOTs is the gear difference, especially tier tokens.

No, it's to see content, see the 4000 posts before LFR loot became the #1 posts, with 1000's of "regulars" saying "you'd just !@#$% about loot"
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
If the set bonuses had been non-stupid the extra 6 ilvls wouldn't have been a huge deal.

Solution is no more Monty Hall set bonses, not scrapipng the whole system.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Should this thread even exist?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
"Raiders" said they raid for progression and challenge, not for loots... does that mean normal and heroic modes shouldn't drop gears as well?
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
05/06/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Emmey
"Raiders" said they raid for progression and challenge, not for loots... does that mean normal and heroic modes shouldn't drop gears as well?

If loot didn't exist, it would make number checks that exist in heroic (and sometimes normal modes) a hundred times easier to meet, so we'd only hate the fact that it would undertune the tier.

Although, I know I'd raid for just achievements, titles, or hell, even just to play with friends, gear is a tool to kill bosses, not the end of the road.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
05/06/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Mnevis
Should this thread even exist?

QFT

I knew it was going to be somebody in 397+ gear who made it too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'd say right now LFR is far harder to get through than HoT heroics. I rarely wipe in HoTs whereas that's becoming more common even in part 1 as time goes on and skilled raiders drop out of doing LFR runs. You also get more griefers in LFR who have nothing better to do than try and wipe over and over while you play a game of guess who pulled that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I wish LFR never existed. This game is an MMO. You know "Massive Multiplayer Online". I.E. get off your !@# and find some friends to get stuff done. If you wanted to see end game (which is totally lame compared to previous X-pacs) you could've gone out and made at least 9 other friends to form a raid team and kill bosses. Instead of QQ'ing to Blizzard saying "I pay my subscription too. I deserve to see it." when in actuality you don't deserve <bleep> if you don't work for it.

The only thing LFR is promoting is lazy players with lazy skills and crap-tastic ethics.

I agree, in a much calmer and sophisticated manner.

Alas, we are the vocal minority once more.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, I know I get mouthy but I am a soon to be retired seargent. Old habits die hard at times and sometimes you have to give it that extra punch even if people don't like it.

And that is why I agreed with your post, I understand your anger completely haha
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
05/06/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Emmey

Gear upgrades increase the power of the raid and are responsible for most progression. The nerfs and practice (increasing skill) do that, too, but gear is an essential tool.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
05/06/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Lostaroll
Although, I know I'd raid for just achievements, titles, or hell, even just to play with friends, gear is a tool to kill bosses, not the end of the road.

That's mostly true for me, to.

Admit it, though. You get a thrill when a shiny, hard-to-get pile of purple pixels lands in your bag, and it's a sweet upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/06/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Lostaroll
I know I'd raid for just achievements, titles, or hell, even just to play with friends
Achievements don't give my character a new look and more character power...titles don't give my character a new look and more character power...I don't have any friends to play with...

I enjoy running content for new character looks and more character power...I would not enjoy running content for things that do not give my character new looks or more power...

I guess I am just weird like that?
Edited by Nomera on 5/7/2012 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]