Was I Mean?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Castaere
You are the healer. Its YOUR JOB to heal AND to rez your team, no matter how rude or obnoxious they may be. Its LFD for crying out loud. You know you can simple close your chat window right? Just switch it to the combat log if thats not easy for you.

The dude was a dps. It was HIS JOB to FOLLOW the tank, not pull for him, and THEN kill the !@#$ the tank pulled. When the rest of the group walked back, it was HIS JOB to walk himself back, too.

I don't care who you are, if the entire group walks back with me except you, you can either get a res from someone else or leave. That's flat-out lazy. Plus the guy was spending said time chewing out the OP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/06/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Castaere
You are the healer. Its YOUR JOB to heal AND to rez your team, no matter how rude or obnoxious they may be. Its LFD for crying out loud. You know you can simple close your chat window right? Just switch it to the combat log if thats not easy for you.

The dude was a dps. It was HIS JOB to FOLLOW the tank, not pull for him, and THEN kill the !@#$ the tank pulled. When the rest of the group walked back, it was HIS JOB to walk himself back, too.

I don't care who you are, if the entire group walks back with me except you, you can either get a res from someone else or leave. That's flat-out lazy. Plus the guy was spending said time chewing out the OP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/06/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Khemistry

ur joking right? a healers primary job is to keep the tank alive. their swecond priority is to keep the dps alive. I heal on a priest and a pally, and i tank on a deathknight and a pally. When i start a run i usually pst the healer if i am the tank to ask how they want me to run the pulls, just keep pulling unless they are oom or go slow. If i watch the tank to get a feel for their gear and adjust the focus i put on them accordingly...

If a tank dies its normally the healers fault
If a healer dies its normally the tanks fault (because its the tank job to save the healer if they pull aggro)
If a dps dies its almost always their own fault. (either by pulling ahead of the tank, or not throttling dps around the tanks ability to hold aggro)

the guy who got kicked was being a bad player... if someone keeps pulling aggro when im healing i will let them die by not healing them after the first few times i have to save them, and i WILL NOT rez them, it is my job to rez you if u made a simple mistake or i couldnt keep you alive for some reason. It's your job to run back if you died because you were being bad, either by standing in glowing bad stuff or pulling for the tank. if im tanking and a dps keeps pulling then i will let them die by not getting aggro from them.

If u want to tank then tank on a tank in tank gear/spec, if u want to dps then dps on a dps in dps gear/spec. I get yelled at for going too slow in runs where the healer has asked me to go slow, i just say for the dps to relax because its my job to pull, i wont throw the healer under the bus, they are keeping me alive.

I hate the attitude that all runs have to be speed runs, especially when you are in the early 80-83 dungeons where you may be playing with a SoR toon that is getting used to their abilities. I got my pally from SoR but rezzing an old account i dont use anymore, even though i had done these dungeons on 3 other now 85 characters, i needed time to acclimate myself on my pally. A little patience goes a long way in any MMORPG. Even if i wasnt a SoR 80 then i might have been someone who hadnt played that toon in a while, or who just trying out a new role, like someone who switched to healing or tanking from the opposite role or dps. Normal dungeons are for learning your role. you want to speed through stuff because your e-peen needs some love then run heroics or raids. LFR is the same way, slow down and enjoy the ride. OR hey DROP GROUP, i tank and heal almost exclusively now, so i get an almost instant queue no matter where i go unless i choose to dps so i can craft/mill while waiting. Even if you kick me i will get back into another group before you will.

great job OP, you werent doing anything wrong
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think it was immature of you not to rez him but not 'mean.'
If you rezzed him you could of just gotten through the dungeon faster. If you didn't like being treated like that then you should of just left the dungeon rather than refuse to actually fulfill your role in the dungeon and slow everyone down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You did good :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think it was immature of you not to rez him but not 'mean.'
If you rezzed him you could of just gotten through the dungeon faster. If you didn't like being treated like that then you should of just left the dungeon rather than refuse to actually fulfill your role in the dungeon and slow everyone down.

eye for an eye... the dps refused to fufill their role, the healer refused to enable them by rezzing... a rez would have been like saying "here since ur too busy berating me to walk back, i will rez u"

absolutely not
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Were you mean?...
IMO (as a healer) I would say no.
Were you in the right?..
again IMO (as a healer) I would say no...situational.
IF it's a wipe and the dps or tank does NOT run back then yes (imo) you are fully within your rights to call the player a slacker and not res his sorry butt.
IF it is not a wipe and the tank or dps is still standing then you should res so that people are not waiting for the dead to run back.
Were you in the right for not ressing because the guy had a mouth on him?
(IMO)NO you were not.. you have an ignore list for a reason.... if a player (imo) starts getting lippy you are FULLY capeable to /ignore the mouthpiece without losing all text.
Were you right not to res him because he was pull-crazed?
No... HOWEVER you are fully entitled to...
1) Initiate a votekick based on his preformance.
2) Resquest the other players to votekick his sorry butt.
3) Check your dungeon timer and if 15 minutes have gone by to drop group and reque.

Please understand that the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is my personal opinion and simply suggestions and in no way is represented by the majority of the playerbase or Blizzard Rules/Regulations.

An arcid hate hangs in the haze and a question hangs in the air...
When will you RAGE?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
eye for an eye... the dps refused to fufill their role, the healer refused to enable them by rezzing... a rez would have been like saying "here since ur too busy berating me to walk back, i will rez u"

absolutely not

Yknow... my momma had a saying when I was just a pup...
"The only thing that an eye for an eye cause was a whole buncha blindness"

just sayin...

When will you RAGE?
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Mage
first off how can anyone not know spanish?

2nd of all if u have to ask if u were mean u probably were.

3rd of all healing is all that, you will receive those kind of remarks. get used to it.
Edited by Yakinikü on 5/6/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Paladin

3rd of all healing is all that, you will receive those kind of remarks. get used to it.

1. I don't know Spanish. I live in Canada. I am not required to know Spanish, though I do know a fair bit of French. Though to be fair, I'm also taking Spanish and Italian in school next year.

2. Someone can feel they're being mean even when the general consensus is that they were not. I often feel mean for not wasting mana on stupid dps, but that doesn't mean I should stop letting them die in order to keep the tank alive.

3. 'Get used to it' is a very rude thing to say. Those remarks can sting more than you would think they could, depending on your situation. Being (rudely) called out for my mistakes in a dungeon and berated for them can and will cause me to leave, rather than deal with them and be in tears by the end of the half hour.

Edit: Fail spelling is fail.
Edited by Rohna on 5/6/2012 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Priest

Um, did you even read my post??

I don't know fluent spanish, only basic, plus they were probably using non-translatable words.

Just because you probably know EVERY language doesn't mean you can assume everyone does.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Paladin
Um, did you even read my post??

I don't know fluent spanish, only basic, plus they were probably using non-translatable words.

Just because you probably know EVERY language doesn't mean you can assume everyone does.

My knowledge of Spanish is counting to 10 and saying hello. =D

But actually on topic: No, you weren't being mean. I would've done the same thing.
Reply Quote

Let me guess, you expect your healers to wipe your butt too? This attitude is what is wrong with the game community.

Everyone dies? Then everyone walks in. You die by my error, then I'll be happy to rez you. You die by your error, I might rez you, if you ask nicely. Treat me like dirt, then expect me to turn around and be helpful to you?! HAH!

"no matter how rude or obnoxious they may be" -That is where your post is the most wrong, if wrong actually had degrees of severity.

If a person in a group, PuG, guild, LFR, or otherwise, is being discourteous and problematic, that is a clear signal they don't want to be part of the group experience. If you don't want to be part of the group, then you need to be kicked, or learn how to solo.

1st: Not everyone has the same language skill. Some people are good are art, some good at math, some with languages. Has to do with how your brain works (or doesn't in some cases). "No hablo espanol" - only spanish I know.

2nd: Good point actually.

3rd: Not if you're a good healer. If you are getting remarks like that you're probably doing it wrong.
Edited by Yokanuki on 5/6/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Were you mean?...
IMO (as a healer) I would say no.
Were you in the right?..
again IMO (as a healer) I would say no...situational.
IF it's a wipe and the dps or tank does NOT run back then yes (imo) you are fully within your rights to call the player a slacker and not res his sorry butt.
IF it is not a wipe and the tank or dps is still standing then you should res so that people are not waiting for the dead to run back.
Were you in the right for not ressing because the guy had a mouth on him?
(IMO)NO you were not.. you have an ignore list for a reason.... if a player (imo) starts getting lippy you are FULLY capeable to /ignore the mouthpiece without losing all text.
Were you right not to res him because he was pull-crazed?
No... HOWEVER you are fully entitled to...
1) Initiate a votekick based on his preformance.
2) Resquest the other players to votekick his sorry butt.
3) Check your dungeon timer and if 15 minutes have gone by to drop group and reque.

Please understand that the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is my personal opinion and simply suggestions and in no way is represented by the majority of the playerbase or Blizzard Rules/Regulations.

When will you RAGE?

this is a great responce... i dont agree with all of it, but by adding that its ur opinion i love that u posted it... u r what is right with posters on forums voicing their opinions...

of course this is my opinion
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
No, you were not wrong whatsoever. Anytime someone is a jerk to me in a dungeon while healing, and they die on their own accord, they either run back or they stay dead for the rest of the run.

I have a policy: if it was an accident, and they have no offences, then I obviously res them. If the whole group wipes, you're all running back with me or you're not getting ressed, unless the wipe was my fault. If you're an !@#$%^- and die, you will not get ressed.

I no longer run with PUGs, but when I do, those are my rules.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Rogue

I don't know spanish and have no real interest to learn it.
I do all roles and I have seen the types the OP is talking about so I would not have rezed or healed that person either.
I will not put up with those types of players if I'm dps ,heals , or tank. I will kick and report for abusive attitudes like that.

This is a game have fun and enjoy the ride or leave.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin

No, not in this case, as in continuing to do your job only reinforces the behavior and shows there are no consequences. People already behave badly in randoms because they know they are with strangers they will never see again. So if she had quietly rezzed him and finished, he would go on to is next group and do the exact same thing.

There is tolerating learning or people just being bad but something like this, no tolerance should be shown. She shouldn't have to close her chat window or /ignore or just take abuse.

05/06/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Morgam
What started the name calling? I feel like you are not telling the whole story here.

I dunno. Sometimes people are just rude. They don't always need a reason to start calling people names.

I remember a Mage one time who always hit things at the start of every pull that I hadn't even been able to touch yet. He started a large pull that had multiple mobs and casters, along with mobs spawning during the fight. He scattered them everywhere making it really hard to pick up (this was before the threat buffs). He then proceeded to call me names I cannot type here - it was an awful experience and I hadn't said one word the entire time in the place.

Some people are just like that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yknow... my momma had a saying when I was just a pup...
"The only thing that an eye for an eye cause was a whole buncha blindness"

just sayin...

also made of win

1st off their is no NEED to know spanish, especially conversational spanish unless your lifestyle/profession requires it... i know very little spanish, only because i work in customer sales and service and part of my customer base is spanish.

2nd NOT TRUE, asking if he/she was mean could just be related to them doing something that felt a little strange/out of character because they were pushed too far by that one guy and then doing a reality check of what others think about their actions, its called a concience

3rd something being concieved as the norm doesnt make it right... slavery was once the norm, and it was abolished... one could argue that people being trolls is the norm, should we all start trolling because its the norm? or should we act like decent human beings?

If a person in a group, PuG, guild, LFR, or otherwise, is being discourteous and problematic, that is a clear signal they don't want to be part of the group experience. If you don't want to be part of the group, then you need to be kicked, or learn how to solo.

i love it when trolls speak the most logic...

3rd: Not if you're a good healer. If you are getting remarks like that your are probably doing it wrong.

i partially agree with this... i am a mediocre healer on my pally becasue i dont have much practise, but i am more equiped to handle squishy tanks because of the wealth of high quality single target heals... i am MUCH better although still not stellar on my priest, but i get people attacking me because of some extra squishy/not well specced tanks i have lfd'ed with dying that was beyond my ability to heal... my pally could have kept them alive easily, but my priest cant without going oom when i get a tanking dk who doesnt use death strike
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/06/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Yakinikü

I live in canada
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you actually asking for us to answer that question?

Then again, there are two sides to each story, maybe you were bad, but even if what was said passed, he wasn't in the right. At that moment you make a ticket and kindly leave the dungeon.

"and kindly leave the dungeon." this is something that most players do not want to do because of the dungeon deserter debuff that they will inevitably get. a player must be in the dungeon for 15 or so minutes before leaving the group or they will get this debuff.

i have gotten into many horrible groups that have consisted of players that like to talk about vulgar and inappropriate things, players arguing amongst one another, players that refuse to play and go afk, players that enjoy pulling as much as they can to try to wipe the group, etc. the list goes on.

the kick system is broken in many ways and im sure that there are plenty of threads on this. we can not kick in combat, so as long as the person who wants to kick keeps pulling, they're safe. most of the time a message that says "that player can't be kicked for x minutes" comes up, which is always lovely.

kindly leaving the group is not a great option unless you dont mind being unable to queue for 30 minutes and then waiting in the queue for however long that may be on top of the debuff time.

people that enjoy harrasing others can queue for lfg and get away with whatever it is that they enjoy doing most of the time and other players have nothing but the broken kick function and patience to use as their tools to deal with this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]