So Arthas didn't go to "Heaven"

90 Human Paladin
As the title states, I take it Arthas got a one way ticket to WoW Hell. His last words were "I see...only Darkness...before me..." and then he died. =(

btw, that part always makes me tear up. It's just so gosh darn sad. He's lying in his Fathers arms (who he, himself killed) and his dad is trying to COMFORT him, even after being murdered by his own son, who is apparently going to WoW Hell. So touching. *sniffle*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Rabanastre
I take it Arthas got a one way ticket to WoW Hell.

Indeed. This story gives a glimpse into that "darkness". It isn't pleasant.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/sylvanas-windrunner/1
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
But theres got to be a "Good place" and a "bad place" right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd make some joke about how Thrall, the Green Jesus, was crafted by the Titans after the dragons to ensure that one day the playerbase would become utterly enraged by his presence, but I'm too tired.

Suffice it to say that without the concept of Abrahamic monotheistic religion, Heaven and Hell do not exist in Azeroth.

Then where do all the people go who didn't get rezzed? =((
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Jagfred

Also, what he said.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Jagfred

Edge of Night (linked in post #3) described two afterlives: a peaceful, blissful realm of positive emotions (page 1) and a cold, dark void of pain, fear and hopelessness (page 6). There may be others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Egrem

Edge of Night (linked in post #3) described two afterlives: a peaceful, blissful realm of positive emotions (page 1) and a cold, dark void of pain, fear and hopelessness (page 6). There may be others.

Omg he's not even lying. Why did Arthas have to go to the colddarkvoidfearhopelessness place. He wasn't THAT bad. He only killed an entire city because they ate bad grain. HE JUST WANTED TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I didn't really feel sad for him, he got what was coming. It was more sweet because all the souls that got trapped in Frostmourne, that could have been there for eternity were finally released to get their revenge.
05/06/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Alissia
I'd make some joke about how Thrall, the Green Jesus, was crafted by the Titans after the dragons to ensure that one day the playerbase would become utterly enraged by his presence, but I'm too tired.

Thrall is WoW's Moses, not Jesus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I didn't really feel sad for him, he got what was coming. It was more sweet because all the souls that got trapped in Frostmourne, that could have been there for eternity were finally released to get their revenge.

You're heartless. That scene was so depressing.

And I'm not entirely sure we know the souls were released to "get revenge". Maybe they just disappeared into nothingness, or maybe they went to the realm of peaceful,positive emotions that Egrem described up there^. Either way, he should have been re-accepted by the Light and taken in because he was Arthas again when he died, not the LK.

Also, Green Moses just doesn't flow off the tongue well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/06/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Rabanastre

Omg he's not even lying. Why did Arthas have to go to the colddarkvoidfearhopelessness place. He wasn't THAT bad. He only killed an entire city because they ate bad grain. HE JUST WANTED TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE.

...And lied to his men about why they were going there. And lied to them after he hired out some mercenaries to make sure it would be a one-way trip. And abandoned his mentor to what he presumed was his death to get a sword to achieve his vengeance. And then used said sword to utterly destroy three of the mightiest nations in the world, starting with his very own father. And was directly responsible for helping bring Archimonde into Azeroth. And eventually became a figure of such power that he eventually came to be worshipped as a deity of death among some of the peoples of Northrend. And led an army of the damned.

...Yeah, I can't see why he might've ended up where he did.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I guess it wouldn't help the Op if I told him/her that Arthas's scared little child aspect or whatever is trapped in the darkness and not his evil aspect.
Edited by Sagerius on 5/6/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

...And lied to his men about why they were going there. And lied to them after he hired out some mercenaries to make sure it would be a one-way trip. And abandoned his mentor to what he presumed was his death to get a sword to achieve his vengeance. And then used said sword to utterly destroy three of the mightiest nations in the world, starting with his very own father. And was directly responsible for helping bring Archimonde into Azeroth. And eventually became a figure of such power that he eventually came to be worshipped as a deity of death among some of the peoples of Northrend. And led an army of the damned.

...Yeah, I can't see why he might've ended up where he did.

He should end up in WoW heaven for that lol. ALL HAIL THE LICH KING
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

And I'm not entirely sure we know the souls were released to "get revenge". Maybe they just disappeared into nothingness, or maybe they went to the realm of peaceful,positive emotions that Egrem described up there^. Either way, he should have been re-accepted by the Light and taken in because he was Arthas again when he died, not the LK.

Well he was someone who betrayed humanity and helped caused the deaths of thousands of people. Then going a step further and taking away from the dead by stealing souls or raising them.

Arthas, while guided on his path was in control of his choices. He was selfish and arrogant, betraying everyone, even Ner'zhul in the end. What "I see darkness before me" with him facing what he reaped supposed to somehow make someone sorry for a mass murderer? The Arthas that died is still the Lich King we had for the past few years, he was the dominant personality. It was him body, mind and soul.

Doesn't really matter what rolls off the tongue either, Thrall doesn't really have much related to Jesus. His character is much more like Moses.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes it was his mind but not his right mind. he was corrupted by Frostmourne with the help of influence from Ner'zhul so you can say he could actually be sorry for what he did. Personally i love what he did. he was an awesome NPC and blizzard shouldnt of killed him :(. Bring him back blizz
Reply Quote
24 Worgen Warrior
Is it not because when he is a LK, one of part of his soul (which is paladin said) only sees darkness and this part of his soul that comes out before he died ? His soul clouded by vengeance and lust for authority (which mean darkness).

It is also same like Maiev, "Now I felt nothing." after killing Illidan despite she still alives.

Yeah, I am agree, Arthras is an awesome NPC which WoW ever had.
Reply Quote
For those people looking for WoW Heaven, do the Crusader Bridenbrand questchain in Icecrown.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

But Arthas was the one who wouldn't listen to reason. Wouldn't listen to Jaina, Brann, or Medivh. He was corrupted even before he picked up Frostmourne.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Arthas is dead.
He went to WoW hell where he will linger for the rest of eternity.
And, you know what? He deserves it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I really wouldn't pin as much of the crimes he did after taking the crazy sword of doom on his soul as I would the stuff before. Even if you discount him slaughtering the people of Strathholm as not being a knock against him, using his country men for his revenge, destroying their means of getting home, and then pinning it and murdering the mercs ought to be enough to go to WoW hell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]