Gratz to the Alliance!

85 Tauren Paladin
05/15/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Hursuit
The irony has me in stitches.
I'm not sure you grasp the concept of irony? At what point have I claimed any superiority over anything? I simply have grown tired over people who feel the need to carry on about how they have achieved some false level of greatness in game, and treat it like it means something. Just play the game, or get your client programs to do it for you however you want to roll.

I will admit I have trolled a lot in the past and I apologize.

But if someone wants to go on the forums and let others know of their acomplishments I really don't see the big deal. You can either one congratulate them (like I did in this thread) or second just ignore them and go on with your life.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Yurfunny
Why thank you! Something to that effect my dear(wink)......but mostly I find it funny when someone can't take what they dish out :)

I don't think that you know me very well.

05/15/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Hursuit
I'm not sure you grasp the concept of irony?

I've got a firm grasp, I assure you.
Edited by Xexyz on 5/15/2012 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
But if someone wants to go on the forums and let others know of their acomplishments I really don't see the big deal. You can either one congratulate them (like I did in this thread) or second just ignore them and go on with your life.

Accomplishments are one thing, but degrading people in the process is another. And yes, I have to give you props, you have seemed very humble and positive these days.

05/15/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Xexyz
don't think that you know me very well.

You're right I don't, all I have to go by are the examples that you have set here. Which, frankley, come across as elitist and arrogant.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4903181033
Edited by Yurfunny on 5/15/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/15/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Stryper
You can either one congratulate them (like I did in this thread) or second just ignore them and go on with your life.
Agreed, and thank you Stryper. Words well spoken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Yurfunny
You're right I don't, all I have to go by are the examples that you have set here. Which, frankley, come across as elitist and arrogant.

Then you don't want to know what I think of you as a person based upon the few posts of yours that I have read.

"Elitist and arrogant" are a smidgen too strong for a bit of sarcasm, don't you think?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Then you don't want to know what I think of you as a person based upon the few posts of yours that I have read.

"Elitist and arrogant" are a smidgen too strong for a bit of sarcasm, don't you think?

I don't really care much what you think of me.

And no, I don't think it's too strong...that post was just an example. And why was there any need for sarcasm? The OP was simply posting a recruit. If you didn't have any good intentions for them, you could have let it be rather then interject with your pessimism/ sarcasm
Edited by Yurfunny on 5/15/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Oh yes that right, thanks for correcting my false memory.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Yurfunny

Well you hit the nail right on the head there! What kind of conclusions can we draw from this, dear?

And no, I don't think it's too strong...that post was just an example. And why was there any need for sarcasm? The OP was simply posting a recruit. If you didn't have any good intentions for them, you could have let it be rather then interject with your pessimism/ sarcasm

This is a discussion forum, and not everybody is here to hold your hand. What you classify as "good intentions" and what I classify as "good intentions" are two very different things. Just because my comments were blunt and sarcastic does not mean that they were false, or unjustified.

Maybe you could stand a dose of reality? You do sound awfully elitist yourself, passing judgment on me and whatnot.
Edited by Xexyz on 5/15/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
05/15/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Xexyz
Well you hit the nail right on the head there! What kind of conclusions can we draw from this, dear?

It's quite simple, you can draw the conclusion that I don't care what you, in particular, think of me.

This is a discussion forum, and not everybody is here to hold your hand. What you classify as "good intentions" and what I classify as "good intentions" are two very different things. Just because my comments were blunt and sarcastic does not mean that they were false, or unjustified.Maybe you could stand a dose of reality? You do sound awfully elitist yourself, passing judgment on me and whatnot.

You have put yourself out there to be judged, just as I have. And, yes, our classifications of "good intentions" are VERY different . So please explain to me the purpose of blunt and sarcastic remarks towards a guild recruit post ....that had nothing to do with you?
Edited by Yurfunny on 5/15/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Yurfunny
It's quite simple, you can draw the conclusion that I don't care what you, in particular, think of me.

It seems that it's not that simple at all. That's not quite what I was getting at.

You have put yourself out there to be judged, just as I have.

I didn't say otherwise, I only made an observation about your actions.

And, yes, our classifications of "good intentions" are VERY different .

This is apparent.

So please explain to me the purpose of blunt and sarcastic remarks towards a guild recruit post

Just take a look around at the state of our server and I'm sure you'll figure out why introduction after introduction of "new guilds" is a bad thing.

that had nothing to do with you?

The state of the server directly effects me, just as it does you. So I'd hardly say that it had nothing to do with me. We're all part of this realm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
05/15/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Xexyz
It seems that it's not that simple at all. That's not quite what I was getting at.

Hmmm I guess I just don't quite grasp what other conclusions one could draw from that statement, as it doesn't quite seem you give a damn yourself what I think about you either.

didn't say otherwise, I only made an observation about your actions.

Quite true, however, if you had read what I said...I only stated that you come across that way, which is also just an observation of your actions.

Just take a look around at the state of our server and I'm sure you'll figure out why introduction after introduction of "new guilds" is a bad thing.

You seem to think that the state of our server is unique, it is not. There are servers far worse off then ours. And, yes, there are servers far better. But what would you have everyone do? Join one big guild and annul any type of competitive spirit? I have been on both sides of Horde and Alliance, and I have to say the two sides work very differently so I can see why if it had been a new Horde guild it would directly affect you. The Alliance work much more collaboratively between guilds and players, therefor a new guild does not have the same impact.

So I'd hardly say that it had nothing to do with me

How, exactly, does a new Alliance guild affect you? And I still fail to see the purpose of your sarcasm to be anyting other then that...non-constructive, snyde remarks
Edited by Yurfunny on 5/16/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/16/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Yurfunny
as it doesn't quite seem you give a damn yourself what I think about you either.

That's the one I was going for.

Quite true, however, if you had read what I said...I only stated that you come across that way, which is also just an observation of your actions.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, I was agreeing that I put myself out there to be judged just as you have. The observations we made are not relevant to that point at all.

You seem to think that the state of our server is unique, it is not. There are servers far worse off then ours. And, yes, there are servers far better. But what would you have everyone do? Join one big guild and annul any type of competitive spirit? I have been on both sides of Horde and Alliance, and I have to say the two sides work very differently so I can see why if it had been a new Horde guild it would directly effect you. The Alliance work much more collaboratively between guilds and players, therefor a new guild does not have the same impact.

When did I say that the state of our server was unique? Don't put words in my mouth.

I certainly don't think that everyone should join one big guild, no. It's apparent, however, that having six dozen (an exaggeration, I feel that I need to point that out) guilds of similar purpose is detriment to community and the overall quality of our server. All it serves to do is split talent and further segregate players.

Competition is great! Too much 'competition' causes stagnancy.

How, exactly, does a new Alliance guild effect you?

I'm not allowed to have Alliance characters?

Also, who do people call upon for help? Their guild members. You don't see how this would have any effect on me? We're on a PvP realm, and while I know it's a bit easy to forget that fact at the moment, I really hope you haven't.

There are quite a few implications for both factions.

And I still fail to see the purpose of your sarcasm to be anyting other then that...non-constructive, snyde remarks

Perhaps to plant the idea that maybe creating another guild isn't such a good idea.
Edited by Xexyz on 5/16/2012 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

I'm glad we are in agreement on this :)

05/16/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Xexyz
I'm not allowed to have Alliance characters?

I never said that you weren't...in your own words "don't put words in my mouth" as well. I was only stating that I've had experience as both(almost 4 years as Horde, and almost a year as Alliance) and that their communities work very differently, thus possibly our difference in opinion.

Also, who do people call upon for help? Their guild members. You don't see how this would have any effect on me? We're on a PvP realm, and while I know it's a bit easy to forget that fact at the moment, I really hope you haven't.

Is your guild specifically losing members to these numerous smaller guilds? People do call upon guild members, but they also call upon friends that may also not be in their guild. Friendship and willingness to help can and do transcend guild affiliations and borders in both pvp and pve situations.

I certainly don't think that everyone should join one big guild, no. It's apparent, however, that having six dozen (an exaggeration, I feel that I need to point that out) guilds of similar purpose is detriment to community and the overall quality of our server. All it serves to do is split talent and further segregate players.

There have and will always be numerous smaller guilds arising, some prosper and some become swallowed, it is the nature of the beast. And if having all of these smaller guilds means a segration of talent, it is not the creation of these guilds that is the culperit, rather it is the communities excessive competition between groups and unwillingness to intermingle in order to benefit one another.

Perhaps to plant the idea that maybe creating another guild isn't such a good idea

Why bother? Do you really think it will make anyone think twice?

If your intentions come from caring for this realm and the affects of things, then I can respect your opinion (just not your methods perhaps) as we would have the same goal, just different approaches.
Edited by Yurfunny on 5/16/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
i haz a bear
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
05/08/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Xexyz
Personally I believe it's more pathetic to have to fight 5v2 to win.

we all know the non-pathetic way is to fight 5v1 with cloned keystrokes
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Im loyal to the horde.....but in the spirit of keeping the relm alive along with PvPi will say grats!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
05/10/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Fórcharity
Horde got theirs before us! toromex grindal wightbread and azteck lead the group!

LOL who lead the group?

More WASP bull !@#$!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Toromex and Wightbread WTF is the world coming tooo!!!
They didn't do sht....

Let us talk in truth Toromex I can not understand WTF he says...

Wigthbread is too good to play his Disc!!!

So why is my name left out??? I don't get it?

WASP RBGS top heals me!!! yet I get blamed when people leave WASP to go to
Vendettae LOL!!!!
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
stop bumping this gay !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]